The online racing simulator
Might be a bit late, but did anyone see Busch get taken down by that Rookies.
Best move of the night to that rookie i reckon legend.
Quote from AstroBoy :Might be a bit late, but did anyone see Busch get taken down by that Rookies.
Best move of the night to that rookie i reckon legend.

He got a flat in Turn 4, spotter didn't really seem to tell him leaders were coming. Flat left front + 36 degree banking = car turns left = slam Kyle Busch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhc-ydTFHU

Is it me or is that quality of video amazing?
Hmm, didn't he have a flat turning into Turn 4 and not while coming out? I mean, it seems that he was REALLY high, so if he had a flat and went very wide shouldn't he have stayed wide? Would a flat tire really just suddenly pull you towards left on the straight? (Unless he had a flat coming out of Turn 4)

Maybe he put a bit too much power on and the back end steeped out on him.
Nope, he said right in his interview he tried to cut across the track to get to the inside so he could pit, and that he knew the leaders were coming but didn't realize they were that close. Problem was, Busch was there when he cut over and he took him out, the spotter really should have warned him, but might not have known he had a flat tire, and also didn't know he was going to cut across the track like that.
Quote from UncleBenny :Nope, he said right in his interview he tried to cut across the track to get to the inside so he could pit, and that he knew the leaders were coming but didn't realize they were that close. Problem was, Busch was there when he cut over and he took him out, the spotter really should have warned him, but might not have known he had a flat tire, and also didn't know he was going to cut across the track like that.

vote 1!!

ban ban ban
Great job for Marcos Ambrose getting his second Nationwide pole and awesome to see NASCAR qualifying in the rain for the first time

http://www.nascar.com/video/bu ... mon.quals.ambrose.nascar/

Finally good to see NASCAR tackle qualifying in rain and it was a good show
I didn't know they were qualifying in this format. Looks really cool. Also, i'm thinking they should really put working lights on the cars, as well as better wipers.
Anyone can answer why Kyle Busch has double blinking backlights and double wipers? What...does he want to be special or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflp-m7g6Ws

Considering that V8 Supercar drivers can race V8s in the rain with slicks, it's no surprise that Ambrose took the pole...but great job for the NASCAR guys getting quite close in the end and keeping the qualifying clean
I'm so gutted for Ambrose

Absolutely amazing but horrid finish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUvWYDP5Dtk

Steven Wallace should have been told to just park it for causing like 4 cautions in a row towards that wet end....
Awesome last lap battle anyways
Thats depressing.
That video has turnd me emo :P
I fell asleep while watching it (because of the time, not because of the action) still it was the only race of NNS I've ever been watching (Winston Cup/Nextel Cup/Sprint Cup only)^^ jeez... I try to immagine Formula 1 at this track with such a grid That grid should definately include Jaques, Tag, Montoya and PT

Bad end... after reading the posts in front I first thought the "Wall of Champions" had found a new victim.

But how the hell did Jaques move up so quickly? He'd been 7th in front of Tag at the restart and after 2 laps he finishes 4th. Have Jaques been in a Driving School since he left Formula 1?
Ambrose did one noob mistake all race which ruined it for him, thankfully though he made no excuses and just took it like a man (something we are missing most of the time in racing).

Going the opposite way, Steven Wallace is an idiot.

Quote from TFalke55 :
But how the hell did Jaques move up so quickly? He'd been 7th in front of Tag at the restart and after 2 laps he finishes 4th. Have Jaques been in a Driving School since he left Formula 1?

Well, I saw him passing a few people by laying his bumper on them.
Quote from PMD9409 :

Going the opposite way, Steven Wallace is an idiot.

NASCAR needs a better procedure for cautions on road courses...Steven Wallace practically ruined Marcos' race cause every caution unnecessarily destroyed Marcos' massive lead.
The ESPN crew mentioned the "2 spin rule" that most local Saturday night short tracks have - cause two yellow flags and you have to park it. Some variation of that would be a good thing, especially on a road course. Heck, a few online leagues I've run in use that rule.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ambrose did one noob mistake all race which ruined it for him, thankfully though he made no excuses and just took it like a man (something we are missing most of the time in racing).

He said what, one sentence and walked away? If Busch would have done that he would have been called out for crying and whining. Ambrose does it, and he's a man? Not that I have a problem with him walking away, if I was him I would have been pissed at myself. I just thought it was really funny when I saw him do that after the race and thought to myself "bet if that was Kyle Busch people would be jumping all over him".
Quote from UncleBenny :He said what, one sentence and walked away? If Busch would have done that he would have been called out for crying and whining. Ambrose does it, and he's a man? Not that I have a problem with him walking away, if I was him I would have been pissed at myself. I just thought it was really funny when I saw him do that after the race and thought to myself "bet if that was Kyle Busch people would be jumping all over him".

The thing is...he admitted it has his mistake. He didn't blame Edwards for his botch, nor did he complain about NASCAR throwing that many cautions because that DID ruin is race. Much more than his mistake imho.

I think the only moment where he was "kyle buschish" was when he complained on the radio that Edwards pushed him a little after T2 (this was way b4 the large string of cautions brought out by the 66). I think he also complained about Andrew Ranger being too aggressive, but if you look at Ranger back in his ChampCar days and his recent CASCAR races...that's just the kind of driver he is. He's almost like Jason Plato.

Marcos' walkaway was standard. I can't say how many times I've seen F1 and IndyCar drivers just walk away from an interview after a very disappointing finish. It was good of Marcos to just say it was his mistake.

Kyle Busch probably would have complained about NASCAR, then complain about Edwards, then complain about the rain and to throw it all in, perhaps even complain about Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as well.
Quote from UncleBenny :He said what, one sentence and walked away? If Busch would have done that he would have been called out for crying and whining. Ambrose does it, and he's a man? Not that I have a problem with him walking away, if I was him I would have been pissed at myself. I just thought it was really funny when I saw him do that after the race and thought to myself "bet if that was Kyle Busch people would be jumping all over him".

"I made one mistake all day, and it cost me the race"

*turns and walks away*

"Well, we had way too many restarts at the end. NASCAR should of just parked the 66 because he was wrecking half the field. Carl got into me a couple times on the restarts, I'm surprised he didn't try to divebomb me on the last turn. Andrew (Ranger) was good all day, pretty agressive there near the end. Oh, and the rain was stupid because no one seemed to be able to control these cars, maybe its just the low-level of drivers compared to Sprint Cup."

*turns and storms off*

See the difference?

Marcos goes straight out and mentions what HE did wrong. Kyle would just beat around the bush with other useless remarks, rarely coming back to the actual situation.
Quote from PMD9409 :

"Well, we had way too many restarts at the end. NASCAR should of just parked the 66 because he was wrecking half the field. Carl got into me a couple times on the restarts, I'm surprised he didn't try to divebomb me on the last turn. Andrew (Ranger) was good all day, pretty agressive there near the end. Oh, and the rain was stupid because no one seemed to be able to control these cars, maybe its just the low-level of drivers compared to Sprint Cup."

*turns and storms off*

I'd knew he'd complain about racing in the rain :rolleyes:

He obviously didnt watch the 2008 Montreal race (before that caution wreck) cause that race was impressively clean.
Quote from lizardfolk :I'd knew he'd complain about racing in the rain :rolleyes:

He obviously didnt watch the 2008 Montreal race (before that caution wreck) cause that race was impressively clean.

I made that Kyle quote up, it just seems like something he would say.
Quote from TFalke55 :I fell asleep while watching it (because of the time, not because of the action) still it was the only race of NNS I've ever been watching (Winston Cup/Nextel Cup/Sprint Cup only)^^ jeez... I try to immagine Formula 1 at this track with such a grid That grid should definately include Jaques, Tag, Montoya and PT

Bad end... after reading the posts in front I first thought the "Wall of Champions" had found a new victim.

He's been racing karts with some of my friends that race Coupe de Montreal :P

Looks like Montreal will be the NASCAR rain race every year :P. Sucks for Ambrose, shit happens xD.
Quote from evilpimp :

Looks like Montreal will be the NASCAR rain race every year :P. Sucks for Ambrose, shit happens xD.

I say NASCAR needs more Canada races for more rain races

Although going over to UK courses (and rockingham) wouldn't be a bad idea..heck with the UK it's like 200% chance of rain anyways
Or they could just put a sprinkler system on the track...
Yeehawwwwwwwwwwww, my favorite driver won, gained 5 positions in points, and is pretty snug into the chase on my bday!

You think he knows?

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG