The online racing simulator
Quote from StableX :I can't get the hillclimb to work in this public beta....

Quote from kunos :
Sorry about the hillclimb.. I wasn't try to run away from the question... for v1.1 we decided to give precedence to the Abarth because we think it is something that can really really really work online... we had some races in the office just few of us and it was a real blast.. I cant wait to see a full field of those little things scrubbing eachother at every corner....

.....so ya.. no hillclimb again.. will be there for 1.2.. of course for free for nk users.

Quote from keiran :Just tried to play the new public beta and get this error when I press drive to move onto the actual game. "This application has failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

You have to run the DirectX update.
Quote from keiran :Just tried to play the new public beta and get this error when I press drive to move onto the actual game. "This application has failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also a Microsoft .NET Framework error, Cannot access a disposed object, Object name: 'SaveReplayDialog'.

Any ideas?

Download the latest .net framework and DirectX package, these usually solve any problems
Cheers, new direct x solved it. Hopefully get a chance to do some laps tonight
the update 1.1 doesnt work for me, i put the files in the folder and i simply cant race... any help? please
gotta give us more then that
you ran the installer (fresh not on 1.03) with dx and .net update?
well i donwloaded a 9xxkb version from the netkar pro site, i suppose that i had to replace the exe in the nk folder with the one i downloaded, i click the other file (the 9xx file comes with 2 one exe and other i cant remember correctly) and it opens a window with a weird menu that does not work.
Did i download the correct file? or am i mistaken
Coming by next Friday

"08/31/2009 – We have the pleasure to introduce some new screenshots related to the next release of netKar PRO v.1.1 (www.netkar-pro.com). These images feature the exclusive FIAT 500 Abarth Assetto Corsa during a multiplayer session at Aosta Grand Prix Circuit. This addon will be included in next release of the public beta of netKar PRO v.1.1, expected by September, 4"

Quote from The Moose :Coming by next Friday

"08/31/2009 – We have the pleasure to introduce some new screenshots related to the next release of netKar PRO v.1.1 (www.netkar-pro.com). These images feature the exclusive FIAT 500 Abarth Assetto Corsa during a multiplayer session at Aosta Grand Prix Circuit. This addon will be included in next release of the public beta of netKar PRO v.1.1, expected by September, 4"

Top stuff Moose. Was wondering about the actual date of release, can we get any inside info on the handling?

My brother has been saying how nKp seems to be built around single seaters, and how a tin top may not feel correct. *But that was only from his observation of the sim*

But still I really can't wait for this update.
Single seaters and tintops obey the same laws of physics.
Quote from adamlfs : can we get any inside info on the handling?

Not from me we can't No one outside of the devs has driven this version of it yet. I'd hazard a guess that it wont be quite right straight away, still being a beta and all. As Tristan says though, all cars obey the same laws of physics, so I'm pretty confident it will be good, taking into consideration how good the current nKPro cars feel.

Nice to see you last night btw Adam F2000 at Donington is a great combo Kick Dru's arse into joining us sometime

Any LFS'ers looking for some cleaner racing than on most public servers should keep an eye out for the Finnglish Racing server. Up most UK evening times.
Be nice to see you on there sometime Tristan.
Yeah was great racing with you guys last night, well to be correct I was just trying to keep up with you. After I got control on the F2000 I could just get into the 1.29's, I shall hunt around for a setup and give it another go tonight

But to my surprise thats the first time i've had one of the front wheels lock under braking. I guess I wasn't pushing the car to the limit under braking

And about Dru, he would have been about in the coming months. He did plan to enter the LFS light cart hosted by NDR, but has pulled out. So I dont think theres a high chance I can get him to come on nKp.
My problem is I'm so catastrophically slow. That setup you posted Stu on RSC, I was only able to manage a 1:31.6 (mind, it was the only cleanish lap I got). I can't imagine pulling another 5 seconds off of that. Everywhere else is more of the same in any car/track combo.

P.S. Kuno's server for the Abarth/Corsa combo is up, don't try to join it though, it will crash NKP (as you lack car/track).
Done quite a few laps in this new version of nK and loving FF1600 around Newbury, haven't been able to find anyone online though.
It was always the focus on single-seaters that put me off nKP - I'm definitely going to have a proper go now they have some tin-tops
Quote from keiran :Done quite a few laps in this new version of nK and loving FF1600 around Newbury, haven't been able to find anyone online though.

I'm surprised.... I've found races every night that I've looked.

Thats mostly F2000 though...
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Around Spa it's epic.

Every car is epic around Spa

Eau Rouge has suddenly become a lot trickier in v1.1. I need to do some serious setup work to take it flat with complete confidence. That's my project for the weekend

EDIT: Scrap that project..I'll be racing the Abarth around the new track
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from The Moose :Not from me we can't No one outside of the devs has driven this version of it yet. I'd hazard a guess that it wont be quite right straight away, still being a beta and all. As Tristan says though, all cars obey the same laws of physics, so I'm pretty confident it will be good, taking into consideration how good the current nKPro cars feel.

Nice to see you last night btw Adam F2000 at Donington is a great combo Kick Dru's arse into joining us sometime

Any LFS'ers looking for some cleaner racing than on most public servers should keep an eye out for the Finnglish Racing server. Up most UK evening times.
Be nice to see you on there sometime Tristan.

Donington is that public yet then? All i remember it being passworded for the GPC drivers only? How about adelaide? Dont remember seeing it on virtualR either, the newssource nowadays.
Donington was public when I started NKP at the beginning of August, however Adelaide is still private to GPC endurance drivers only. Still can't wait to drive it as it looks fun (and difficult).

I just can't see how to be fast, no matter what I do I'm either terribly slow, or I become one with the outside wall. I need to learn to drive me thinks.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Donington was public when I started NKP at the beginning of August

You fail!

Donington has not had a public release yet. There's a slight issue with releasing it, which i don't want to go into.. We are however hoping to release it asap.

Adelaide is having some final touches done to hopefully increase the FPS a bit for those guys on lower spec machines. Our main track guy is incredibly busy with real life at the moment, but he hopes to have it finished very soon.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Thought i had missed something. Seen finnglish server on it. Hmm still have all my marbles then
Quote from The Moose :I'm surprised.... I've found races every night that I've looked.

Thats mostly F2000 though...

I've been going on at like 1/2am in the morning so that's probably why
Hm, I swear Donington was public as I have it in my NKP and didn't download it from anywhere special (if I'm not mistaken, it was the LastPlace racing site).

EDIT: I need to brush up on my knowledge of British tracks, Snetterton is released, which was what my brain was saying Donington. Ignore me, I are dumb.

Understandable mistake since it has 3 letters in common
I'm Canadian, would you expect any better?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG