The online racing simulator
I dread to think at the amount of time, effort, and money, that went into texturing and modelling high quality interior and exterior models like that, the mind boggles.

Could you imagine a PC sim, LFS's physics and online, and Forza 3's visuals, upgrades and customization?, that would be pure heaven.
Oh my .....Cannot wait until this game comes out!! Finally a game which features the current V8 supercars!! (Assuming they do put a few cars from this years series) Lets hope they make a Bathurst track.

Brilliant.
Quote from iMCk. :Oh my .....Cannot wait until this game comes out!! Finally a game which features the current V8 supercars!! (Assuming they do put a few cars from this years series) Lets hope they make a Bathurst track.

Brilliant.

i hope they put v8 utes in that would be beast
Quote from beefyman666 :Comparing them to the same car in Forza 2... Wow, looks amazing.

Forza 3 is looking to be something special. Roll on October.

Nice comparision.

Such an amazing difference. Even though it may sound a little nerdy, i love the ammount of detail in the tyres and wheels now. Even though you couldn't see them when racing (atleast, not much), it kinda ruined close-ups.

Looking forward to this game....ALOT.
I said it before but it is amazing how they manage to get so much more detail in forza 3. Everything just seems to be better and higher quality than 3.

@Danowat: Don't tease us with the thought of something looking like forza 3 and handling like lfs. It would be a dream come true (and alot of extra expense in buying a new pc lol)
It's looking pretty good. Nice to see they've catered for the 'noobs' of racing games with the simple jump in a race kinda things. The one button driving thing looks like a joke, but that will only be on the casual mode.

If I see it rightly, it looks like theres a 'jump to garage' icon at the bottom right which will be pretty handy. That was one of the things I liked in some of the Gran Turismo's.

As for which car i'd start with, probably the Fezza.

All in all, it's looking to be awesome. Really can't wait for this to be released.
I might have to go for the Fit, although I wonder what the engine transplants for the Fiesta will be....

Also, did you notice the "Cosworth" upgrade parts?, I wonder if this means we are going to get a Cosworth model of some description, or its just parts for the Fiesta / Focus etc.
One can only hope we get some proper Cossie's.
Quote from beefyman666 :One can only hope we get some proper Cossie's.

Good lord, dont say that. You'll get me all excited...

Cosworths....My favourite cars EVAR. :P
Uhh, for some reason it wont let me stream the videos, So il have to download them, and I think il start with a MX5 if possible? If not some kind of Honda

Edit- Just watched part 2, Il go for the Honda Jazz/Fit
MX5 isnt an option.

You can choose...

Toyota Yaris
Nissan Versa
Honda Fit
Ford Fiesta
Scion xD
Chevrolet Aevo
Citroen C4
Ahh, Well as i said in my edited post il go for the honda,
Just watching part 2, Damn i want that cheat menu Lol.. the game looks really nice and clean, Cant wait!!
I can't watch those videos here at work (stupid outdated Flash version).

IGN has some really good articles about the career aspect and I have to say I'm getting pretty excited about it. The AI pressure system is sounding sweet, as is them learning how I like to drive.

Start Your Engines

Change Your Tune

Career Hands-On
Quote from beefyman666 :
As for which car i'd start with, probably the Fezza.

Yup defo the fezza, 4wd - 650ish bhp and wider arches hopefully

Looks awesome, really can't wait
I don't like the voice, I hope you can turn it off
There seem to be some pics being realesed on Che's Twitter page. There pretty small and some are low-res, but atleast there ingame and we get to see some sneaky shots.

Did anyone say chrome?!

Its been confirmed that there is now 20x zoom in Photomode, and the camera can be moved very very far away from the car now, which means you can do some great panning shots. Nascar is also rumoured to be in the Final game from a Beta tester, but ofcourse, he shown no proof, so its just a rumour atm.
I think a bit of lovewee just came out.

That big shot has some stunning reflections on the car and texturing on the banners. And those wheels are insanely detailed.

And a personal storefront? So you can sell your stuff from one place? Like photos and stuff? Or is it just naming the storefront he can see using his profile name? It's hard to tell. Hasn't changed how stoked I am about this game, because it's already right up there
There is some serious detail on the tyres, dare I say the most realistic tyres I've seen in a game?

As for Nascar, there are some "stock" cars as per Nascar, but they aren't licensed.

As I understand it, the storefront is like an amazon shop for your "work", you can sell any number of things on there, for a fixed price, so if you make a paintjob, you can put 50 up there for £10,000, and people can buy them.

The auction house still works in the same way as FM2, but the storefront is just a different way of selling.
Oh yeah, I'm sure I've heard that discussed before. I reckon it's a good idea too. Much easier if you find a skin you like to go to that person's store rather than hunting through the marketplace for something from them.

The tyres are very detailed - I'm sort of assuming that's Photo Mode
That's very nice.. i wonder if it looks like that while you're actually playing. It will be interesting comparing GT5 and Forza 3 graphics..
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's very nice.. i wonder if it looks like that while you're actually playing. It will be interesting comparing GT5 and Forza 3 graphics..

I think they will be comparable, but from what I have seen of both so far, Forza seems to have the edge on detailing, the details like tyres, demister wires, wipers etc.

TBH, I think they are different enough games to warrant purchasing both, which I will be doing.

One thing I REALLY hope they sort out in GT5 is that bloody awfull tyre squeal.
Quote from danowat :I think they will be comparable, but from what I have seen of both so far, Forza seems to have the edge on detailing, the details like tyres, demister wires, wipers etc.

TBH, I think they are different enough games to warrant purchasing both, which I will be doing.

One thing I REALLY hope they sort out in GT5 is that bloody awfull tyre squeal.

As much as these pics look good (although kinda fake with the lighting and stuff) you do know that it doesn't look like that in game? In game it's still too "cartoony" for me..

And i agree about the tyre squeal.
All of the hi-res videos I've seen (have a look on gamersyde), support the assumption that the game looks as good as the photomode stuff, but yeah, bottom line, we don't know untill we get our hands on it, but Forza has never looked "cartoony" to me, we will see in a couple of months.
I think the reason they don't look quite real is because the colour has been turned up for the screenshots. A real photo has bleaching and fade due to different exposures, which obviously the shots don't. It all looks just too "nice" to be true. I'm sure with some tweaking you could make it look pretty real, just like people did in FM2.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG