The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Wow, I was wrong about this game. DiRT 2 looks amazing after watching the London showcase vids!

Just check out the menu!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Tzt80&feature=related

And proper staged rallying with annoying co-drivers are back!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... JlUco&feature=related

Battersea at night looks pretty good too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... tOw04&feature=related

The driver talk (like in midnight club) will tend to wear out and get on your nerves, but it is shaping up to be pretty good!
Easy right, Medium Left, Hairpin right.
Graphics are a plus but he drove his car dead into a tree and it still started WTH! though i like his Co Drivers words.
Its eh to me atm, well still.
Quote from AstroBoy :Easy right, Medium Left, Hairpin right.
Graphics are a plus but he drove his car dead into a tree and it still started WTH! though i like his Co Drivers words.
Its eh to me atm, well still.

he had the damage to visual only.
Graphics are doing well. Its not a eye-murdering bloomfest anymore. Still has that crappy brown look though.

Physics are a lot better than the last DiRT. It looks a bit too grippy though, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because there are probably options to turn off driving aids if they were used. The chase camera is part of the reason why the car looks like its hooked on rails though.

Edit: Wth, 3rd video, 2 cups 1 girl? God no.
Quote from Scatter :Graphics are doing well. Its not a eye-murdering bloomfest anymore. Still has that crappy brown look though.

Physics are a lot better than the last DiRT. It looks a bit too grippy though, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because there are probably options to turn off driving aids if they were used. The chase camera is part of the reason why the car looks like its hooked on rails though.

You know you want to

Game looks interesting, will test it out at least
Quote from Scatter :Graphics are doing well. Its not a eye-murdering bloomfest anymore. Still has that crappy brown look though.

oh my, now i cant finish eating
Do not tell me you saw the ..thing?
Quote from The Very End :Do not tell me you saw the ..thing?

few seconds of some actiong long time ago was enough
it was a trap, friend of mine said ''hey come look at this lol'' and then the horror striked
I feel with you mate, my experience with it was on a bad LAN party
Quote from The Very End :I feel with you mate, my experience with it was on a bad LAN party

It feels like your eyes were just raped doesn't it?
I dunno about you, but does anyone feel like a chocolate smoothie?

EDIT: It turns out that n4g article wasn't the full car list. I remembered the pic of the RS200, and one of the videos show an older Pajero 4x4 rally raid car. So that is 27 cars, not 25.
Is there really a 350Z rally car????

Seems kinda redundant to me
Quote from simulation :Is there really a 350Z rally car????

Seems kinda redundant to me

You can customise cars to suit different events, that's why there are some wierd rally cars, they are probably rallycross cars that have been converted.
3/3 3:09
Quote :..available on 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PS3

Just as well no mention of PC, cause I won't be getting that abomination anyway.

Head first into a tree on "Serious" mode and still drives on with a word of warning "don't do that"

Should be called
"Ken Block Dirt Games w/ Fluffy dice (American edition)"

Still, I'm sure all the kids will like it.
Quote from JasonJ :
Should be called
"Ken Block Dirt Games w/ Fluffy dice (American edition)"

Sit down, shutup and watch this video of DIRT, since you have clearly never played it. That was the original game, as you can see when the damage is actually turned on, which it isnt in that video you're bitching about, you can totally write off your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raeMNR92tTc

I suspect you're just one of those people that has an issue with anything popular, the good thing about that is you will never hate yourself.
He changes the difficulty from Casual to Serious in the first video. Re-looking at it I can it's set to visual only. Ok so I was wrong there.

I don't have issues with popular things, I have issues with crapola made to suit the sheep herd of morons that eat any crap served to them. Telemarketing is popular to.

I do have the original DiRT btw, I had to tweak the physics grip off by 30% to make it vaguley realistic. Glad to see they concentrate on the fluffy dice and fancy menus to get players interested. Looks like another physics mod will be required to make the game playable.
Play RBR, why bother buying DIRT if you want realism? Unless you want realism, but not so realistic that you're not good enough to complete a stage. You might as well walk into a night club and complain that the music is too loud.
Exactly, it's not realistic. They toss on about how realistic it is and it how 'feels' to be a rally driver with their BS, but it's just a big arcadey lie. Maybe if they made the physics realistic then I would know how it feels to be a rally driver. (sorry 'off-road' driver now)

And FWIW I still think it should be called Ken Block Dirt Games
Waving Colin McRae's name all over it, sheesh seriously warped.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Play RBR, why bother buying DIRT if you want realism? Unless you want realism, but not so realistic that you're not good enough to complete a stage. You might as well walk into a night club and complain that the music is too loud.

gotta agree with that, rbr is so realistic its too hard, but once you practise ALOT like ive done i can finally finish the stages wit hgood times
Quote from The Very End :Yeah indeed, the pictures still haunts me

they come to your mind every time you get some choclad icecream
Quote from batteryy :gotta agree with that, rbr is so realistic its too hard, but once you practise alot like ive done i can finally finish the stages wit hgood times

they come to your mind every time you get some choclad icecream

God damnit!
This must be caps

DEMO IS OUT
Were were

EDIT: nvm damn hidden in the market place
Quote from Luke.S :This must be caps

DEMO IS OUT

How come they didn't release the demo for PC, too? :mad:
I really hope it comes to the PC, I can't wait to play it, but I'm not getting a console just because of it either!
maybe it ll come later and it prittey realistc for a arcade game

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG