The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gabkicks :anybody got a sebring set for the lotus? the best I've managed sofar is a 1'54'00 and some people are saying they were able to do a 1'48.

also, my wheel is vibrating very oddly. i dont know if it's the drivers or what, but it wasn't like this during funweek. maybe its my buggy fanatec drivers -_- reacting with iRacing somehow.

They said they changed the Lotus steering in today's build. It feels worse for me now too on my G25. Maybe setups need to be adjusted or something for whatever they changed.
Just had my first Truck race @ Daytona tonight, finished 3rd and only had about 3 yellows....

...but F*** me sideways with a large bargepole, that was intense. Being that close at that speeds lap after lap for 32 laps straight, siting nicely in 5th place but noticeing the 2 leaders are slowing in the last 5 laps. The leaders on the last lap at the last turn run out of fuel, then all hell breaks loose and I have to make a choice while running at 180 odd mph, ended up losing a possible 2nd place cause I di not have the nerve to keep it full on.
Well... bombed my first Pro (road) race .

Started 4th, got held up taking off, then on lap 3 I get pinched entering T1. I lock up the rears trying to stay off the car that pinched me, and I end up spinning. No one hits me (lucky, I know), but I go back to 18th and worked my way all the way back up to 10th.

The worse part is I had the pace to finish 4th or 5th.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Just had my first Truck race @ Daytona tonight, finished 3rd and only had about 3 yellows....

...but F*** me sideways with a large bargepole, that was intense. Being that close at that speeds lap after lap for 32 laps straight, siting nicely in 5th place but noticeing the 2 leaders are slowing in the last 5 laps. The leaders on the last lap at the last turn run out of fuel, then all hell breaks loose and I have to make a choice while running at 180 odd mph, ended up losing a possible 2nd place cause I di not have the nerve to keep it full on.

good on you mate. I can't drive that thing... I find them too loose and twitchy.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :...but F*** me sideways with a large bargepole, that was intense. Being that close at that speeds lap after lap for 32 laps straight, siting nicely in 5th place but noticeing the 2 leaders are slowing in the last 5 laps. The leaders on the last lap at the last turn run out of fuel, then all hell breaks loose and I have to make a choice while running at 180 odd mph, ended up losing a possible 2nd place cause I di not have the nerve to keep it full on.

My hands generally hurt after those restrictor plate races because I hold on to the wheel so tight, it is pretty intense being in such a big pack where one wrong move can take out half the field. Kind of makes you realize why some of the drivers hate it so much in real life.
My tip for people just getting into the Superspeedways is to keep out of the big packs at the beginning of the race. Sure, its fun, but the last thing you want is to get in a wreck 10 laps into a 50 lap race. Play it smart, stay in an area right behind the pack (still in draft) where you are able to move the car top to bottom, so if there is a wreck in front of you then you have every option possible on where to avoid the wreck.

Unless you know how to work the track position game, wait until 10-15 laps to go to make your way up through the pack. I am not saying go balls to the wall, as you still need to drive wisely, just be a bit more aggressive in a sense that you are actually in the pack now.
Woop, I'm promoted to D Class
I have a question. When is night racing & rain coming to iracing? Is it in their plans for the future?
Quote from anttt69 :I have a question. When is night racing & rain coming to iracing? Is it in their plans for the future?

They have stated a couple times that it is in their plans. They haven't said if its something that's actually being worked on though, or when it might actually come out. I'd love to see it next season, but if I had to guess I'd say it's at least 2 seasons or more away.
real time weather would really take it to the next level , cant wait.

I just noticed the Pocono weekend special offer $25 for 3 months. Looks good although its probably restricted to new accounts & the offer ends this weekend right?
New members, correct.
Quote from UncleBenny :They have stated a couple times that it is in their plans. They haven't said if its something that's actually being worked on though, or when it might actually come out. I'd love to see it next season, but if I had to guess I'd say it's at least 2 seasons or more away.

Night racing has been mentioned a few times as being in the pipeline, but rain/dynamic weather does not seem to be on the horizon yet. I have a feeling night racing will be first introduced on the oval side, with just trackside lighting. If that goes well we should expect to see headlights on the road cars sometime after that.
cat herder said that they're hoping for night racing by next build iirc.

I've been out of town since saturday...I'm afraid to try the lotus again. I really had no complaints about how it drove with my setup except my wheel was really loud, but it felt fine and I couldn't hear it with headphones.

I hope its not worse like you guys say D:
Just started my one month trial on Friday. Have to say so far it is impressing the hell out of me!!
Week 13 races were ever half hour which was great. Now you have to wait a bit but I guess this is so you can get some practise time in. If anyone is interested add me as a friend (Todd Martelle) and we can hopefully race together.

Loving the Spec Racer Ford
Quote from Toddshooter :Just started my one month trial on Friday. Have to say so far it is impressing the hell out of me!!
Week 13 races were ever half hour which was great. Now you have to wait a bit but I guess this is so you can get some practise time in. If anyone is interested add me as a friend (Todd Martelle) and we can hopefully race together.

Loving the Spec Racer Ford

Damn, think I raced you in one of the legend races last week. I'm Scott MacDonald and was the lapped car who kept pace with you all despite the damage......

I'm sure it was you.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Damn, think I raced you in one of the legend races last week. I'm Scott MacDonald and was the lapped car who kept pace with you all despite the damage......

I'm sure it was you.

Yup that was me doing my first Legends Advanced race:-) Was great fun!!
Just did my first mazda race and crashed out with someone else at lap 7. With no resets allowed, I was out for the race

Lost 0.5 SR too for that. A class licenses really are not forgiving for SR -

2.12 SR now after losing 1.2 in SR for the license upgrade. Oh well, at least I'm allowed to keep my name there ***cough***
Quote from StableX :2.12 SR now after losing 1.2 in SR for the license upgrade. Oh well, at least I'm allowed to keep my name there ***cough***

You don't actually lose any SR points though; it's simply that the scale used to measure your SR gets shifted.
Is any one else finding that iRacing is down?
Quote from dontsimon :Is any one else finding that iRacing is down?

Yup. Was right about to ask that heh. iRacing members site is down but iRacing.com works for me...
Back up now, don't you guys have the twitter feed? Nice to have that during the new build breakdown too!
Quote from Crommi :I'm kinda curious how this will turn out, price itself isn't a big issue if there is enough well done content behind it. I have my doubts about some of that "accurate laser gadget" marketing talk as it's definately not the best way to model most of ingame objects, but I'm more interested in physics and the way online gameplay is going to work.

Hoping for the best, expecting worst.

was digging throught the thread and saw this, so what's your feelings now? obviously you like it given your record but how does it compare to your expectations?
Quote from tinvek :was digging throught the thread and saw this, so what's your feelings now? obviously you like it given your record but how does it compare to your expectations?

I'm not a big fan of subscription based games, so I was going into beta with intentions to just try for a month and probably then come back to LFS. I was also very sceptical about laser-scanning because it was hyped up to heavens by their marketing department, but as it turns out the tracks are very high quality and it's the first title where I really have to take bumps and road camber into consideration.

Physics, driving feels very natural but we're still missing plenty of features like complete gearbox model, aero & mechanical damage, brake temperatures ect ect....

The main reason why I haven't raced any other sims since getting into iRacing is the quality of competition. Safety Rating system really works and while everyone is racing hard, no one is pushing you off to walls or weaving across the track. Never seen anyone drive in wrong direction or park their cars on track with intentions of causing a wreck.

In short, I went into iRacing not wanting to like it but sim managed to convince me to stay for a year and I've recently subscibed for another full year.
I did a Silverado race at Daytona today... man, that is really good fun and extremely tactical! Very close racing indeed!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG