The online racing simulator
Personally, I think the physics in Forza 2 were pretty damn good, any improvement on that is a good thing!.

As for "controller lag", never encountered anything like that.
Quote from Greboth :Made me lol.

I didn't like the rewind button idea but as pointed out saves having to press restart so really it is the same. Looking good though, just need to wait for full indepth review.

I was quite dissapointed when i heard about the rewind feature, but thankfully, it can be turned off and now that i have thought about it, it seems like a helpful option for endurance races.

Too many times have i done an endurance race on FM2, only just keeping ahead of the oposition, only to cock up and damage my car to the extent that i have no chance of getting 1st place again. Therefore, i think this would be incredibly helpful in endurance races.

Quote from danowat :Personally, I think the physics in Forza 2 were pretty damn good, any improvement on that is a good thing!.

As for "controller lag", never encountered anything like that.

I too thought FM2's physics were good. Understeer and oversteer could be felt though the controller (hard to explain to people that have'nt played it) and it was great fun. The only negative with the physics (imo) was how incredibly easy it was to save slides. You could be doing 100mph, lose the back end and even if the car was at a 45degree angle, you could save it. Thinking about it though, i guess that may be down to using a controller, so it might be much faster than a wheel, much like using a mouse in LFS, and how fast you can turn the wheel with a mouse.

As for controller lag, i've only played FM2 with a freinds Xbox racing wheel, and i did'nt notice any controller lag. Its just a shame the actual wheel sucked! Im hoping to have enough cash saved up by next month to order a Fanatec wheel and FM3, as i think FM3 may replace LFS for me.
The first time the physics hit me in Forza was when I first got a stock Mazda MX5 with road tyres etc etc.

I was shocked at how well it portrayed grip loss and the feeling of the rear end scrabbling for grip, it felt very good indeed.
Quote from danowat :The first time the physics hit me in Forza was when I first got a stock Mazda MX5 with road tyres etc etc.

I was shocked at how well it portrayed grip loss and the feeling of the rear end scrabbling for grip, it felt very good indeed.

yes i felt the same, but i turned some of the aids on(cause i sucked )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :The only negative with the physics (imo) was how incredibly easy it was to save slides. You could be doing 100mph, lose the back end and even if the car was at a 45degree angle, you could save it. Thinking about it though, i guess that may be down to using a controller, so it might be much faster than a wheel, much like using a mouse in LFS, and how fast you can turn the wheel with a mouse.

I actually have made the experiment and tried mouse in lfs after forza 2. With mouse steering it was pretty much impossible to spin. A good example would be also old kb steering help that used to be in lfs. The lfs pretty much drifted on itself back then.

But forza 2 also has auto countersteer thing. When a car catches a slide and you turn a stick even a little, in game front wheels will be turned just enough to catch that slide. So I think the biggest aid is the steering in forza 2.

I too was/am very impressed with forza 2 physics, they are really very good. There could be more impact from weight transfer (I've read forza 3 improved upon this) and low speed handling could be improved.. Or maybe not. Again the weird twitchy behaviour on low speeds is probably caused by sensitive controller.

One thing that also makes me wonder is how much better forza 2 physics feel than look on replays.

And I can't wait for forza 3. Should keep me busy until lfs development drastically moves forward.
iirc, the controller lag is just because it's filmed
I still enjoy the odd race in forza 2, really good driving experience considering it's a console, that and my martini liveried integrale whooping ferrari's etc seems to bring a big grin on my face

Can't wait for forza 3, then i'll play need for speed shift inbetween when i want a bit more of "grid" kind of action

The cockpits look amazing for forza 3:

Quote from DejaVu :I still enjoy the odd race in forza 2, really good driving experience considering it's a console, that and my martini liveried integrale whooping ferrari's etc seems to bring a big grin on my face

Can't wait for forza 3, then i'll play need for speed shift inbetween when i want a bit more of "grid" kind of action

The cockpits look amazing for forza 3:

holy crapple it doesnt look any cripple:jawdrop: i belived they would suck since they had to do many cars but wow
Just had a massive gasm..... That looks in-freaking-creadible
American muscle announced, (small slice of)

# 1967 Chevroley Corvette Stingray 427
# 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
# 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
# 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
# 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
# 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
# 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
# 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
# 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
# 2008 Saleen S331 Supercab
# 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

Drag racing Q & A

yay theres a '69 charger in there. this game reall could be worth getting
Quote from batteryy :yay theres a '69 charger in there. this game reall could be worth getting

I think that car was already in FM2 as well, together with a number of other awesome classic muscle cars. I own it if I'm not mistaken. I should check later.
I love the American classics, I just wish there were more of them. 67-69 Chevelle SS, 57 Fairlane and Bel Air, 70 El Camino, even something like the 32 or 40 Ford Coupe. I loved them all in MCO back in the day.
Dodge ram SRT-10!! YAY
Those american boat car things pictures look like ugly renders IMO...
God, it's just painful to watch these people in the videos drive. They're even unable to follow a bright green line with all the assists turned on, it's just terrible.
Quote from Forza 3 News :
Forza Pitpass Report: JDM Icons
The Past and Present of Japanese Motorsport.

Turn 10 Staff, 8.11.2009

It’s a fine week for more automotive goodness in the form of a Pitpass Report here at Forzamotorsport.net. So to recap, let’s see where we’ve gone so far in our bi-weekly reveals of Forza Motorsport 3 as we speed down the road towards our first launch day in Japan on 10/22/09.

Turn 10 has shown you a handful of our new high-end cars via E3 2009; traveled to Le Mans, France, to unveil the Le Sarthe and Bugatti circuits of the legendary Le Mans track; gave you a glimpse into the world of Japanese tech, then Euro sport compacts on tracks like the new Catalunya and fan-favorite Nurburgring Nordschleife. American muscle was next on the gorgeous new Sedona Autopark Raceway. In-between all of these car and track reveals was info about single-player career mode, drag racing, and more in our Pitpass Report Podcast.

And now, we bring the car enthusiasts in our community another little gift in the form of JDM Icons. The seven cars we’re revealing this week represent both the past and future of Japanese motorsport. From classics such as the Datsun 510 to the first-gen Miata roadster, through more modern track beasts like the Nismo R390 and the Acura ARX-02a LMP car, we here at Turn 10 tip our hats to our fellow petroheads across the Pacific.

Forzamotorsport.net will continue to reveal new cars in this series of Pitpass Reports to check back often for new updates. Enjoy!

See the official Screenshot gallery here.

Forza Motorsport 3: JDM Icons

1970 Nissan/Datsun 510
Produced from 1968 to 1973 the boxy Datsun 510 created a strong cult following fueled by its performance on the track. Powered by a 96-horsepower L16 four-cylinder backed by a four-speed manual gearbox, the 510’s strength was its unibody construction and independent rear suspension. Under the Brock Racing Enterprises Banner, driver John Morton won back-to-back Trans Am 2.5 series championships in his patriotic red, white and blue #46 in 1971 and 1972. Still highly desirable today, it shouldn’t take much to transform a Dime into a serious contender. 96- horsepower has never been more fun.

1984 Celica Supra
Feeling old school? The ’84 Celica Supra, a MKII edition in the Supra’s lineage, sports a 2.8-liter 5M-GE rated at 160 horsepower in ’84. The inline six-cylinder engine is stout and able to handle all types of mods but the car has no discernable racing pedigree so you will have to step up to the plate and create one from scratch. Remember overcoming the challenge will only make you stronger.

1994 Mazda Miata
One of the most raced cars in America, the Miata roadster combines a light chassis, modern suspension and extremely balanced weight distribution to create an agile lightweight spec-monster in Forza 3. The ’94 model features a bigger, 1.8-liter engine than the earlier 1990 to ’93 models. With its affinity for the track there will be many hard-hitting tuning options for the Miata, which packs a much bigger punch than its diminutive size may indicate – especially if you strap on a blower beneath the hood.

1994 Celica GT-Four ST205
Jump a decade down the road and the Celica and Supra have gone their own separate ways. This Celica has plenty of racing heritage to draw upon and may be one of the biggest sleepers in Forza 3. The Celica GT-Four took WRC driver’s titles in ‘92, ‘93 and ’94. The 1994 Celica GT-Four ST205 puts all that experience on the street. It features a turbocharged and intercooled 3S-GTE four cylinder, rated at 225 horsepower, all-wheel drive, lightweight aluminum body parts and the heart of a champion.

2009 Scion xD
Another B-segment buzz bomb, the Scion xD is a powerhouse amongst its peers, generating 128 horses from its 1.8 liters of displacement. But one has to wonder if the car is in a “big fish in a small pond” scenario. Can the little xD compete with more performance-minded machines? The challenge here is maximizing the Scion’s potential in the tuning garage and taking a “drive it like you stole it” approach on the analog stick/wheel.

Acura ARX-02a #66 de Ferran Motorsports
Generate some serious Gs in this American Le Mans Series prototype machine. Assume the role of Acura team drivers Gil de Ferran and Simon Pagenaud and take this LMP1-class Acura to the edge. The car’s open cockpit design, high-revving 4.0-liter, 620+ horsepower LM-AR7 V8 and lightweight chassis and purpose-built suspension make for a visceral driving experience. Whether you roll with the Acura’s black-and-green Patrona livery or dial-up your own color scheme with Forza 3’s new ability to now completely re-paint and makeover any race car, the ARX-02a is a can’t-miss proposition.

1997 #23 Nismo R390
Go the distance behind the controls of a 24 Hours of Le Mans legend. With a 641-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.5-liter V8 hovering a touch of the Y button away, Forza drivers will be in awe of this long-tailed endurance racer. This car finished 12th overall and fifth in class at the Circuit de la Sarthe. Can you drive the R390 and its eye-catching red-and-black livery to the victory it should have had a decade ago? See you on the podium.

Looks interesting. Some nice shots too!
Saw this on Tuesday.

The 510, ST205 and Celica supra are right up my alley!!!!
just watched the forza 3 dreams video there will be a audi that had dtm styling dont know if it was a dtm edition rs4 but it had all the dtm body kit a lamborghini reventon a 1993 mustang that period style the crap styling and it was drifting also a corvette zr1 i think it was a skyline r34 gtr a bmw m3 #93 gt2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns0qmm_EQPU
WOO! A fox body mustang! My favourite shape mustang EVAR.
Really nice car models, it has to be said.

Is there a track list available anywhere? I saw Catalunya on there.
corvette ZR1 09 that car looks amazing!
EDIT: new pics!

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG