The online racing simulator
Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
Quote from logitekg25 :if you got the finished product and just edited in skidmarks how would it be?

Well it is not JUST editing skidmarks... it's more complicated and hard to do.
#77 - JJ72
Great movie, although there's one thing I can think of that will further improve it..

You can use car skins with different degree of paint scratches and dirt throughout the movie to improve the visual damages.

And the road traffic can use blander body colours so you can pick out the main characters better, especially when there's a limited number of models in LFS.
Quote from Migz :I dunno im crap at ideas, but what you made was just a movie full of driving and crashing. It was good driving, and good crashing, and even a good movie

So? I've seen Bullitt maybe 2 times, but the chase scene, I've lost count

Obligatory: "whaaaa but lfs is racing sim whaaaa :weeping: "
i tried out making a setup for flipping, that is un-noticable, and could not quite get one...ant then i tried making one regular, and could not quite get one but with the slick mod, my un-noticable setup woult probably work
Quote from JJ72 :

And the road traffic can use blander body colours so you can pick out the main characters better, especially when there's a limited number of models in LFS.

I agree with that, I saw about 4 other bright red FXO's that crashed and I didn't know if it was the main character or what..
Fair enough about the red FXOs, when filming so many different scenes you lose track of what cars you have and haven't used But the main car is of course modelled with a Vauxhall Astra skin to help differentiate.
It really, really is bloody brilliant.

As your first movie, and filming of LFS it astonishes me at how good the camera work really was.

Sound effects, etc were BEAUTIFUL! Criticism from me would just be the same as what others have said, so no critism in this post! :P

Amazing movie & good job with it.
Quote from samforey12345 :It really, really is bloody brilliant.

As your first movie, and filming of LFS it astonishes me at how good the camera work really was.

Sound effects, etc were BEAUTIFUL! Criticism from me would just be the same as what others have said, so no critism in this post! :P

Amazing movie & good job with it.

+1 (I couldn't be arsed to write a big long post so....
I really liked it. altough the multiplayer looked kinda shocky, and those lfsplayer hacks looks crap, but other then that I loved the film. Makes we wanna play LFS again, too bad I don't have my G25 with my on vacation, lol.
I have just downloaded and watched this movie. Now i'm shocked. It's better than I expected.

/me is burning this into DVD...

BTW, that red XRT doing barrel roll is me. I just wanted to jump over a pile of cars and flip, but it happened better than i thought

The highway scene was too long, because red Astra and blue Celica were going trough the same spot for many times. And i didn't like the ending. I wanted them to crash and burn . But i'm glad to be a part of the project. The filming was boring and some guys were just pains in the ass (me too, ask Ginho ), but the movie is worth all the suffering.

sorry foah bad Englishzz
That turned out to be one of my favourite scenes And again, the repetition of the motorway couldn't be avoided due to the limitations of LFS once again. As for the ending, we were going to have one or the other crash but I felt that leaving it with the spectacular pileup and having me finally get away after causing such chaos would have a more effective ending overall.
I liked it, but I actually was expecting either a police car to be involved in the chase, or one of the vehicles to "crash and burn".

When I heard the ending (with the heartbeat), it made me think that something was going to happen, like another car trying to take out the red FXO, or maybe something else that's also dramatic would happen.
Quote from KiRmelius :I have just downloaded and watched this movie. Now i'm shocked. It's better than I expected.

/me is burning this into DVD...

BTW, that red XRT doing barrel roll is me. I just wanted to jump over a pile of cars and flip, but it happened better than i thought

The highway scene was too long, because red Astra and blue Celica were going trough the same spot for many times. And i didn't like the ending. I wanted them to crash and burn . But i'm glad to be a part of the project. The filming was boring and some guys were just pains in the ass (me too, ask Ginho ), but the movie is worth all the suffering.

sorry foah bad Englishzz

which brings me to my next point...if you ever plan on making another one, where do i sign up to help in some/any way?
Don't ask me, Start Wars has just invited me to help, he's the director. But i'd like to do the filming again and help to make Collateral Collision 2 I have some ideas right now
logitek I thought you didn't have decent internet from where you are?

About the movie, one of the best films I've seen. Great job guys.

... need... money...
i have good internet, i just need to get a somewhat modern computer (coming soon hopefully) and then get a router (i will have to buy it cause my mom 'has other priorities') and there probably wont be another movie filming before that.
Ooohh, ok.

Best of luck
With regards to a sequel, the first one has only just come out
Awesome. Just awesome. I was, and am, very glad to have played a part in this masterpiece! Problem is, as the filming was so long ago, I can't remember which cars I am

Filming took ages, and we had a few problems with certain people...I won't name names...but it has all been more than worth it. Brilliant job on the editing, the sound effects were great, and it was so well put together.

As for some of the suggestions, well...they're perfectly legitimate, but filming will have to be a lot more professional if there's a next time! The organisers did nothing wrong, I just can't help but feel some people had the wrong attitude in filming...refusing to do what Start etc said, playing around with start point bugs on the drag strip (okay that was funny, but it meant some shoots took 9 hours! And that meant people got bored etc, leading to more problems...:shrug Back to my point...some of these great suggestions would probably be very hard to impement, if people don't play ball!

But I don't want to sound negative, it all seems to have worked out brilliantly! There are a few inevitable flaws, fair enough with the criticism, but I feel the makers have done pretty much the best job they could - and my, is it a magnificent one! Thank you! If there's a Collateral Collision 2, and I can help in any way (acting or otherwise) I'll be glad to help!
I dare anyone to try and get 10+ adolecent gamers to do something on command. I remember for FOX1977's film, the behaviour from the traffic cars was terrible! The same applies to some of the 'actors' in Squidhead's movie. If I were to make a film like this, (which I would never do because it would kill me) I'd go ahead and ban all the people who were pissing me off. Just like in real life. Kinda.
Thanks for the comments, Timdpr. And you raise some good points MP3 Astra, I don't think anyone can imagine how hard it was to pull off a project of this magnitude, especially for what was our first ever LFS movie. On the whole though, I was pleased with people's contribution and cooperation, it just turned out to become a bit arduous at times which lead to frustration.
If you want to help promote Collateral Collision, then please submit a comment to the following news entry on N4G:

http://www.n4g.com/NewsPending ... ge=1&Page2=1#C2614482

Adding comments to that site increases the amount of promotion a news story receives.

Thanks.
quite nice one, altrough i found the first part abit boring tehn the second was awsome when the traffic came along
Where to start. All in all, I liked it, but I'm quite confused of so many "omgreatmoviethebest!" posts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this movie is bad.. but it seems to me that hype did most of the work here and I think that all in all it's overrated. To movie itself...

I really admire work you had to spend with sound effects. Those were really amazing and did main part of job for atmosphere and final feeling. Some crashes were also spectacular and looked almost real, which is impressive, since LFS don't have that good crash model atm. Any other than that, I think it wasn't bad, but it wasn't top. Camera could be better, some story would be also appreciated in this kind of movie, and so on...

8/10 for spectacular crashes, very good sync of sound effects and for handling a lot of drivers on the server for what you needed.

Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG