The online racing simulator
Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
Quote from 911Booster :judging the brilliant camera work

made-from-scratch sounds

You've been watching a different vid

But seriously, don't do those kind of comments untill you actually know what you're talking about.

Brilliant camerawork shows off the action in a constantly perfect angle to show off the beauty of the action, while being smooth, consistantly pointing in the right direction and being originally placed, to differentiate the camerawork from other movies, thus giving a video a "handwriting" of the author.

Scratch made sounds would mean Start Wars had to get a studio, and crash a car in it... record the sound and use it in the movie.
Hi,

Quote from squidhead :
But seriously, don't do those kind of comments untill you actually know what you're talking about.

Excuse me? Not very kind from you to say that to a new user that you just don't know. How can you even think if I know what I'm speaking about or not? If you didn't like my opinion, that's fine, but that was my opinion and I mantain it as strong as yours. I am aware that you have done quite some LFS videos and you may have managed to be a master director if you want it, but I don't need to get that level (still you have never seen me making a LFS machinima video) to be able to make a constructive critic of what I see.

Quote from squidhead :Brilliant camerawork shows off the action in a constantly perfect angle to show off the beauty of the action, while being smooth, consistantly pointing in the right direction and being originally placed

I have analyzed literally hundreds of movie chases and trust me, I know when a brilliant camera work comes around. But you know? I may should have said "brilliant for a first LFS movie"; could that be more of your liking?

Quote from squidhead :Scratch made sounds would mean Start Wars had to get a studio, and crash a car in it... record the sound and use it in the movie.

Obviously I meant to say that StartWars and Unknownrisks aka MCJ productions didn't use stock LFS sounds but extracted from various sources.

Regards :thumbsup3
Excellent movie mate! Me and the Fiancee watched it. It had her gasping sometimes, hehe. Great work on the souds man, I loved the sync of the damage and skidding sounds. Best one I've seen in a long time.
Quote from 911Booster :Excuse me? Not very kind from you to say that to a new user that you just don't know. How can you even think if I know what I'm speaking about or not?

You're excused, and yes, it's not kind for me to say that, but being an arsehole is my charming point...

I'll give you an analogy...
Come up to a racing driver, and tell him that going off the racing line and driving on wet tires in the dry would improve his laptime... I think he'd tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.

And about your statement of "I have analyzed literally hundreds of movie chases and trust me, I know when a brilliant camera work comes around". Fair enough, but I've analyzed literally thousands of LFS movies, and I know what LFS can give in terms of camera control, and trust me, I know when a brilliant camera work comes around

Hope that answers the questions raised in your mind (specifically the question "who the hell is he to make comments on my knowledge of LFS moviemaking?")
Now, after that post, to be easy on you, since you're a new guy to the forum, you can watch this to up your mood - clicky
Regards
Well, tbh options of camerawork in LFS are almost infine with Henry's CarFocus feature, but that's pretty offtopic. And I don't know, like Booster said, for first vid, it's extraordinary but come on... camerawork was one of the weakest aspect of this vid.
EDIT: Sorry for the bump, just saw the topic on the LFS Movie Awards thing...

TLDR but...

F*** me, that was extraordinary. One of the most original pieces of Machinima I've ever seen, how did you choreograph all that??

Loved the soundtrack too and LFS physics and scenery did a great job in replicating a movie car chase!

Absoloutely awesome, well done!

I thought the camerawork worked well by the way, it was very typical "car chase" camerawork and I didn't think there were too many impossible angles. Could maybe do with some more filters on the video, I don't know if it was colour corrected or vignetted but it looked quite "standard". And the car skins were very believeable, not sure about the 08 plate on the AE86 ripoff though!
Sorry for this enormous bump... I just thought back of this great film, and decided to watch it on Youtube. Sadly the links for full download where Megaupload. But I'd like the full version on my PC. Is anyone able to upload that for me please?

Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG