The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
You can't get better resolution from youtube... you can go over 1280x720 if you're planning to upload the video somewhere for download. Otherwise YT is going to resize and recompress, which will drop the quality dramatically.

BTW, your vid quality looks good, better than my PC can squeeze out of LFS... (just you wait for my upgrade...)
Ok. Sometimes there're still some framedrops, maybe I'm gonna try to record in slomo and speed it up.

Also YouTube copyright sucks, which music is allowed and which not...

btw, where do you guys get your music from? (special effects etc.)
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : the stuff lags too much
I want to make a video for one Demo Racing Team, and I want it with good quality.

So how u make HD Videos ? Is there any special program or just good PC with high graphics ?

If I capture video on 1680 x 1050, with the new reflex mod, will it be a HD ( with Fraps ) ?

Cheers
Quote from AudiBG :I want to make a video for one Demo Racing Team, and I want it with good quality.

So how u make HD Videos ? Is there any special program or just good PC with high graphics ?

If I capture video on 1680 x 1050, with the new reflex mod, will it be a HD ( with Fraps ) ?

Cheers

That depends on which codec you render the video with. I think I read on youtube that a video rendered with H.264/MPEG-4 AVC with 1280x720 resolution, will be converted to HD. Although, I've done some testing and it seems as Xvid and 3ivx also results in HD on youtube as long as the bitrate is >3000 and the resolution is 1280x720.
Can someone help me? Im just learning to use Fraps. When I record, my FPS is normally 60 but when I watch AVI file with media player its really laggy and slow...I tried make test movie and turned it into windows media file with movie maker. Then it was fine...no lag and it had normal speed. So what is the solution? Its really difficult make movie when its so slow and laggy. And it also got crappy quality when editing it. I tried use Sony vegas but allways same result.
Quote from [SWE]RE :That depends on which codec you render the video with. I think I read on youtube that a video rendered with H.264/MPEG-4 AVC with 1280x720 resolution, will be converted to HD. Although, I've done some testing and it seems as Xvid and 3ivx also results in HD on youtube as long as the bitrate is >3000 and the resolution is 1280x720.

I've just seen a 640x480 (not even widescreen) video on youtube with the HD option/tag/button enabled. How come?
Quote from Velociround :I've just seen a 640x480 (not even widescreen) video on youtube with the HD option/tag/button enabled. How come?

I'm not sure about that at all, but I've seen it too. It might depend on the bitrate. Lower resolutions with a very high bitrate might result in HD, it doesn't necessarily have to be widescreen footage to be HD, obviously. But don't take my word on this, as I'm not entirely sure what makes youtube convert 640x480 footage to HD.
I could try and experiment a little bit on this matter later on and get back to this thread with an answer, but for now I'll hope someone else who knows better than I do about this can answer the question better.
i dont know if this has been posted yet, but a good way to get rid of the fraps watermark is to crop it in virtualdub (filters, null transform, cropping)
Uhm

Any websites where you get your special effect sounds?
fraps now costs to use, atleast for more then 30 seconds, what other free capture programs do you recomend?
As far as I know, one had always had to purchase Fraps in order to use for more than 30 seconds.
There is gamecam, but it puts an huge advertisement thing on all videos. I don't remember of any other right now.
wonder if xfire will work
Where did the tutorial go?
i dont know all that much :hide:
OH WHAT THE HELL?!

I should have it backed up on my computer, so it should be back soon enough... hang in there for now

Edit : Fixed everything
Also, don't forget to compress audio. To do this in VirtualDub, first select Full Processing Mode in audio menu, then Audio > Compression.

A uncompressed audio stream is 1411kbps, which (for 640x480) can be more than video stream!
I suggest using 128kbps AAC or MP3, because then youtube doesn't recompresses audio, and that results in higher quality.
When I went to VirtualDub,did the FPS thing(fasten up the vid by x4),then did Save as AVI - it rendered at 8 FPS,total file size was 3 GB(which was a 30 sec vid,didn't compress) and the vid looked choppy(when I recorded at .250,it wasn't choppy). Has it got something to do with the video compression? Any tips?

Edit - Own stupidity pays right back,it was the compression. Forgot to do it.
how can you convert mpr to avi?
Quote from Hahmo :how can you convert mpr to avi?

I can't even come up with an insult to your intelligence that would do you justice. Seriously... I can't.

You can try and search for a "making lfs movies" thread, there should be full tutorial on what and how you should do.
-
(logitekg25) DELETED by logitekg25
hello all, this seems to be the best place to ask...

i am making a movie and i want to know what i should make of these clips...i know i should decide for myself but i really dont know from what i have

so far i have a pretty decent drift scene (very short), a very close crash (also about 10 seconds, i barely avoided it), and a quite unique fox crash in the as7 chicane (10 seconds long) i will get more clips, but i need ideas for what i need to look for...i just had an idea, make a video about the average times of a lfs noob
Quote from logitekg25 :
so far i have a pretty decent drift scene (very short), a very close crash (also about 10 seconds, i barely avoided it), and a quite unique fox crash in the as7 chicane (10 seconds long) i will get more clips, but i need ideas for what i need to look for...i just had an idea, make a video about the average times of a lfs noob

dub it to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxmZhvkHa8
sync it

and just stamp a ton of weird stuff together thats usually happening in LFS
At least it will be refreshing
that is a wonderful idea

now u cant say i couldnt look at your guide

also what is the easiest youtube accepting way to get a song in a video, itunes doesnt really work, some copyright issue, or format issue
i think from the title but my computer isnt loading it right...

EDIT: that will help the next step after i get the music in vid, because i know my luck will be bad and that will happen....how do i get a song from itunes onto windows movie maker? or if not itunes, what other way can i get music onto a video?
Quote from logitekg25 :i think from the title but my computer isnt loading it right...

EDIT: that will help the next step after i get the music in vid, because i know my luck will be bad and that will happen....how do i get a song from itunes onto windows movie maker? or if not itunes, what other way can i get music onto a video?

get an mp3, drag it into the video editing software

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG