The online racing simulator
What are you Reading...?
(155 posts, started )
Quote from theirishnoob :health and saftey in the workplace....

nah

ill bin it

hehe, I start a new job with a Health and Safety consultancy on Monday.

I wonder if I get a badge and a uniform for being in 'The Fun Police'?
Well I am not late but to be honest I am certainly not keen. I just know that I should do it.
Sharpes Siege - Bernard Cornwall
going to cram a lot of reading into the next ten days whilst on holiday, already got Stephen Fry's The Liar on the go and have just bought Iain Banks's book Dead Air and also taking his book Complicity which I will be reading for about the fourth time it's that bloody good
Quote from mookie427 :... just bought Iain Banks's book Dead Air and also taking his book Complicity which I will be reading for about the fourth time it's that bloody good

I just recently found Iain Banks myself, both with and without the "M" - his sci-fi is really good too.
Use of Weapons is a pretty fantastic SF book.
Quote from Greboth :Hmmm I don't know why but Pyramids (along with small gods and moving pictures) never really enjoyed compared to the others, still good books though. Would be interesting to hear your opininon on it.

I liked it, but yea, doesnt have the flare of say Mort but I love all of Pratchett's books. Going to borrow nation from my uncle when I get the chance.

Reading Ed Macy - Apache at the moment. Non-fiction about an ex-British Army Apache pilot, loving it...recommended read and I'm only quarter of the way through!
It´s not just a machine by Jeremy Clarkson.
So finster die Nacht (eng. Let the right one in) by John Ajvide Lindqvist, crazy book
Attached images
so_finster_die_nacht.jpg
The last book I was reading was Sun Tzu - The Art of War. Then I got distracted by other stuff and left it unfinished, that was some months ago.

I'm not a big reader but i'd like to read all the landmark classics at some point before I push up daisies.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Use of Weapons is a pretty fantastic SF book.

I'm embarrassed to say I was well past halfway in the book when I noticed that the chapter numbers were all screwed up, and why. I had to go back and skim through all the chapters to put it all together.

I liked Matter even better, probably because I didn't feel so stupid while I was reading it.
I just got a load of new books (Well new to me) from the air ambulance charity shop.

Jack Higgins:

The Killing Ground
Thunder Point
Drink With the devil
Cry of the hunter
The Valhalla exchange
storm warning
rough justice

Gordon Kent:

Force protection

Chris Ryan:

The watchman
I bought Vol. 1 of Naruto and Bleach today, already finished Bleach, not started on Naruto yet.

Still reading Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man too.
Donald Duck.
Quote from LineR32 :I bought Vol. 1 of Naruto and Bleach today, already finished Bleach, not started on Naruto yet.

Still reading Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man too.

The skellington's dialogue is hilarious, great book imo

Been a while since I read anything but the tv mag, I should really work on that, but reading Eragon almost made my eyes bleed -.-
"How to be rich" - Bernard Madoff
#69 - th84
Quote from TexasLTU :"How to be rich" - Bernard Madoff

LOL!!

While Im eating my breakfast I occasionally read the jokes on the side of my Fruit Loops box. Good stuff.
Re-reading a lot of Iain Banks atm.

If you like seriously realised and deep Sci-Fi. give his work a shot. It can be a little difficult to get into the style depending on which book you start with, but it`s way more than worth the effort.

He also does some lovely quirky modern drama, and some seriously off-kilter fantasy too.
I just finished "Speed Secrets 6" by Ross Bentley.

Next I'm getting "Kill Bin Laden" by Dalton Fury. It's about the SFOD-D Operators searching for Bin Laden.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Oh how I love the "Song of Fire and Ice" saga. The next part is also long overdue, I really can't wait for it to be released.

Oh yeah, ASoIaF (it's Ice and Fire, btw, not the other way around ) is absolutely brilliant. Definitely one of the greatest fantasy sagas of all time. There's going to be a TV series of A Games of Thrones. HBO are gonna do it so it should be good. It's all still in an early stage, though. It might not even make it past the pilot episode
Quote from obsolum :Oh yeah, ASoIaF (it's Ice and Fire, btw, not the other way around ) is absolutely brilliant. Definitely one of the greatest fantasy sagas of all time. There's going to be a TV series of A Games of Thrones. HBO are gonna do it so it should be good. It's all still in an early stage, though. It might not even make it past the pilot episode

Sounds great. And I just can't wrap my head around the true sequence of ice and fire

Just Finished Joe Abercrombies "First Law" trilogy, an awesome read. Before that, I read Pratchetts "Going Postal", and now, I'm reading "The Hobbit", again. Somehow, Old JRR Toliien just doesn't get old, no matter how often you've read the books.

Afterwards, I'll reread the "Neuromancer" Trilogy by William Gibson, to be followed by Frank Herbert's whole "Dune" cycle and "Otherland" by Tad Williams.

What are you Reading...?
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG