The online racing simulator
What are you Reading...?
(155 posts, started )
The last really decent book I read was a couple of months ago, The Road by Cormac Mccarthy, anyone recommend anything similar?.

On hols I read Jane Tomlinson's ride across America which was both inspirational and really sad at the same time (can't believe they "only" raise £18K).

Before that, I read World War Z and the Zombie survival handbook, both of which were pretty good reads.
-
(danowat) DELETED by danowat
The Bodyguard's Story - Trevor Rees-Jones. Its probably not everyone's cup of tea but I'm enjoying it.
Haven't read a book in a while tbh, last book I read was Tommy Byrne's book, "Crashed And Byrned - The Greatest Racing Driver You Never Saw' by Tommy Byrne, and Mark Hughes.

Apparently the only racing driver Senna ever feared
Quote from Bean0 :
Has anyone read Pratchetts Nation ?

Yes, and it's off the wall, but still very readable
Quote from Bean0 :
Before that I read A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin. First in a series about knights, dragons, warring great houses and all that good stuff.

Oh how I love the "Song of Fire and Ice" saga. The next part is also long overdue, I really can't wait for it to be released.

I also very much enjoy Joe Abercrombies books.
Quote from danowat :The Road by Cormac Mccarthy

I read that a while ago after having it recommended to me when I got a bit obsessed with Fallout 3 It probably the bleakest book I have ever read (but in a good way).
Quote from Crashgate3 :I read that a while ago after having it recommended to me when I got a bit obsessed with Fallout 3 It probably the bleakest book I have ever read (but in a good way).

Yeah, its a bit of a "gut punch" book, but good none the less.

Film should be out this year, be interesting to see how it compares to the book.
Reading Z for Zachariah a classic. Reccomend this even after having a bad teacher reading it with a bad american accent didn't ruin this book for me.
Quest for lost heroes - David Gemmell.

fantasy nonsence, but about the 3rd time I've read it
Quote from Bean0 :Has anyone read Pratchetts Nation ?

Yes, its a slightly weird book to be honest. I read it and while I enjoyed reading it I can't make my mind up on it.
I need to read more Pratchett books, I used to get evry single one as soon as it came out, but since 'Going Postal'* I've never got round to getting any more.

* This is the title of one of the books, I don't mean my book-buying habits were changed when I suddenly gunned down all my co-workers
Currently:

Next:

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

awesome reading (in english)
Quote from three_jump :Douglas Adams - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

awesome reading (in english)

I LOVE that series. The movie really doesn't do it justice, the movie was horrible, that's a really fun book to read."There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties." haha great book.

Right now I'm reading "The Sword of Truth" series, I'm on the book "Blood of the Fold". Really addicting series.
The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver A very good book
#41 - Woz
Currently I am reading the LFS forum. A thread called "What are you Reading...?"
Quote from SidiousX :I LOVE that series. The movie really doesn't do it justice, the movie was horrible, that's a really fun book to read."There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties." haha great book.

I thought so at first too, but after a second and third viewing, I grew to like the movie. After all, DA did start the script before he died, and he himself said that there is no "true" hitchhikers guide, as the book differed from the original radio series, as did the TV series, which he all had at least part in creating.

Quote from SidiousX :Right now I'm reading "The Sword of Truth" series, I'm on the book "Blood of the Fold". Really addicting series.

Can't recommend those really. The first 4 books are quite good, but after that, it's pretty much following the "dragonball z" formula = powerful evil appears, hero defeats it and gets more powerfull, even more dangerous evil appears from nowhere, hero defeats it, rinse repeat.
BTW the sequence with the POV gun is pure 100% finest DNA IMO. Don't take the book as "canon", every single version of the Guide is different, he wanted it to be that way, if I had to take a guess, this is partly in an attempt to have the fans keep an open mind about it and not become the dumb, single minded fundamentalists that are so common in the fandom of other cycles, and partly to sell more copies of each version
The Wasp Factory, great book.
Gangs by Tony Thompson
Reading this...

... and this..
Quote from G!NhO :I was just reading your post.

Same

Actually, at first i was thinking that u mean books. Well, i dont like to read books, but ive read few for my class. I quit school so who gives a shizzle anymore
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :What is the last thing that you read, or are reading just now?

health and saftey in the workplace....

nah

ill bin it

What are you Reading...?
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG