The online racing simulator
AutoSimSport May Issue
(48 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
Quote from Flycantbird :I
Kind of disturbing that they refer to other games as 'light weights' and nearly in the same breath say lfs competes 'even with these big games' too.

In their defense, "lightweights" was used in a tounge-in-cheek sort of way and is not meant to be taken literally. They are trying to say that these are actually big titles to beat. But they also mentioned Sony as having the only other F1 sim. Sony don't have any sim at all so there's a few credibility points down the drain.
I got the impression from reading the interview that Victor was having second thoughts about the current implementation of LFS World.

Like he says its "cute" but I hope he can go back to the old (non desktop) style.
he probably wants an interface that looks more serious
Gunn, I think what they mean by the F1 part is that sony is THE only people that are authorised (with licence) to recreate the F1 season, yet they are being pussys and holding a F1 arcade game back til the PS3.
Some good reading. ASS isn't as bad as it used to be, but they can still slate a game (well, slating for them) and give it 87% (a damn fine score). Makes you wonder.
Quote from Gabkicks :he probably wants an interface that looks more serious

Yes exactly... the statistics functionality is outstanding... but IMHO the interface is a let down, not professional at all, even though it is very "cute" and gimmicky.
#32 - avih
There was an old thread about LFSW UI (RSC or here??). I'd still give a thumb up if there's a more standard, less CPU-intensive version...
Quote from MatthewStyles :I got the impression from reading the interview that Victor was having second thoughts about the current implementation of LFS World.

Like he says its "cute" but I hope he can go back to the old (non desktop) style.

well it is... the overall idea is nice but with new webtechs () I've seen much userfriendly and eyecandy. I hope we can get a XHTML page which is working with CSS and JS and make LfSworld Web2.0

Maybe Victor can go to Xtech2006 http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/ in Amsterdam?
87%? are they reviewing a different version of NkPro to the one I have? illepall

Still, I give em there dues for making a race simmer magazine each month, and the LFS review was nice to read.

Dan,
Quote from Bob Smith :Some good reading. ASS isn't as bad as it used to be, but they can still slate a game (well, slating for them) and give it 87% (a damn fine score). Makes you wonder.

Oh yeah, that kinda hit me too. 87% for this catastrophic release? That was sold for a full price? Where, apart from driving alone around a track (if it didn't destroy your FF wheel first), almost nothing worked?
If such "quality" gets 87%, what the heck do you have to deliver to receive something lower than that?
Quote from MatthewStyles :I got the impression from reading the interview that Victor was having second thoughts about the current implementation of LFS World.

Yup, he likes to program a more nKP like approach. Userfriendlyness included.
Quote from AndroidXP :
Yup, he likes to program a more nKP like approach. Userfriendlyness included.

Sorry but I have to disagree.There some things which needs to be tweaked but I like the LFS world very much.
#37 - Goop
I wouldn't mind LFS World so much if it wasn't so terribly sloooooooo...

[insert nap]

...w It really annoys me, I just avoid the place.
Quote from Goop :I wouldn't mind LFS World so much if it wasn't so terribly sloooooooo...

[insert nap]

...w It really annoys me, I just avoid the place.

Same, I liked the old LFSW, don't like our current one, and now that Victor speaks of trying a new one, it makes me happy
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Sorry but I have to disagree.There some things which needs to be tweaked but I like the LFS world very much.

That was sarcasm incase you didn't notice
#40 - axus
The LFS review was a good read... as usual. However... nKP - 87% illepall Maybe they were reviewing "nKP in a year's time" like the website claims that nKP has features that will be there in upto a year's time.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Would you pay for ASS?

Actually don't answer that.

Kev, per the discussions going on in the servers the other night, no, you don't pay for it as she's only a girlfriend at the moment. But, the minute you put the ring on the finger, then you will have paid for ASS!

Sorry, spam alert. On topic, I've downloaded and will read up during lunch today.
#42 - J.B.
So the BMW F1 isn't worth a front page cover? Or even a review for that matter. But a VW Lupo Cup mod preview needs 38 pages?

The nKP and dev interview parts weren't too bad though.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Now back to discuss the quality of ASS...

This sounds so wrong
This ASS was much better than the ones I've previously seen. Very good interviews about LFS, however the nKPro 87% score cracked me up.
Loved the review. And it's nice to know S2 is still in Alpha just because some features are missing! What's up with that! Don't we have just THE MOST wonderful devs? Usualy a new game is sent out as a beta and then patched up, this one though is missing osme features (who plays with the AI, really ) and doesn't even have any bugs yet it's still an alpha. Gotta love Scavier.
#46 - Gunn
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Gunn, I think what they mean by the F1 part is that sony is THE only people that are authorised (with licence) to recreate the F1 season, yet they are being pussys and holding a F1 arcade game back til the PS3.

I know what he meant. And Sony never have, and probbaly never will make a simulator. My point is that the interviewer mentioned "sim" when referring to Sony. This hints that he doesn't know what a simulator actually is.
Quote from J.B. :So the BMW F1 isn't worth a front page cover? Or even a review for that matter. But a VW Lupo Cup mod preview needs 38 pages?

The nKP and dev interview parts weren't too bad though.

I only count 4 pages on that Lupo thing.
#48 - J.B.
Quote from cannonfodder :I only count 4 pages on that Lupo thing.

Yes, I didn't really count them. I just noticed there were quite a few pages.

To explain my comment, my feeling is that it is odd that a mod about a series that that nobody cared about in real life, made by people who have shown to follow questionable priorities in making mods (they put the engine of their Porsche mod in the front because it "felt" better illepall ) would get a test drive article while a freakin' licensed F1 car, made by physics purists (they calculate their mass distribution from the 3d model instead of simply setting a value in an ini) doesn't.

AutoSimSport May Issue
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG