The online racing simulator
Quote from Pablo Donoso : Is there something like a party going on we don't know about?!?

The party is over at iRacings place i believe. Tickets are quite expensive though
Quote from Pablo Donoso :Lately I haven't seen many players online, let alone in the ovals. Is there something like a party going on we don't know about?!? xD even the bump drafters are like nowhere to be found...

Since it's the summer I suppose quite a lot of people will just be doing the usual stuff people do at summer

Quote from Pablo Donoso :It's all good though, gives me more track time to practice. Someone asked why do I drive so much on my own, and said I should get better @ drafting, not running solo. xD

No harm in running solo. Once you perfect your hot-lap line then you just need to modify it to accommodate drafting, which isn't that hard to do with a little bit of practice.

Quote from Pablo Donoso :I said I run solo more because the fastest driver doesn't have to draft once in the lead mostly, and you only get faster by driving more, tweak the setting a little, drive some more, tweak something else, drive even more.... etc.....

You do need to draft once you're in the lead otherwise the people that are drafting behind you will catch you up in no time at all. Although I understand where you're coming from ...

Quote from Pablo Donoso :Each lap you run = experience, whether it's in a pack or just 1 person, but usually, I'm like all by myself in (FM) OvaL JuNkieS 3. Only around 1500 laps before I make it from Oval Lover to Oval Pro... yeeeeeeee

Yep experience is defiantly a good thing to have whatever you're doing. You should pop onto (FM) OvaL JuNkieS 2 sometime, there is usually more people on there and you can always practice your drafting technique. Good luck
what's an "oval"

lolz
lol Moose I seen Iracing, I wanted to get it just for the Star Mazdas @ Infineon, but it's a yearly membership I think, last time I checked.

Wild, I have been popping up in FM 2 more often lately, but the last week or so, it's been pretty vacant. I'm running around 37.1 - 37.2 solo but 36.9 in drafting. It's not as easy for me with the controller, to take the corners smoothly. Hopefully over time I'll be able to fix the twitchiness of the analog control, without losing the handling of the FO8.

lawlz, this is an oval z-ro:

(lol I'm jus bein an ass, I'm sure zero knows what it is lmao )
Is this you Pablo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... WfOek&feature=related

If so, i would really like it if you got a months iRacing membership and the Star Mazda just so you could tell us how realistic their version of the car is.

There's a bit of a debate going on about how the car behaves in iRacing and it would be fantastic to hear what someone who drives it in real life thinks about it. (it's the 2008 model in iRacing i believe..did you drive that? )

Sorry for this brief off topic chaps.

EDIT : Never Mind... Thats not him. Though if you went by his sig and profile you would think it was
Bump drafting is not cheating. Several Racing Series do it, in the VW Golf TDI Cup ALL CARS were bumpdrafting during the qualifying session at the Salzburgring, there are cars where its the best way to set a fast time when 2 or more teammates hook up. Its Teamwork. It doesnt necessarily have to do with Oval Racing.

Pablo, I dont know if you are THE Pablo Donoso but if you are it would be very interesting to try iRacing, you could get a 1 month subscription aswell, doesnt have to be a year. And if you plan to sign up can I PM you my email address, because if you sign up and write in the registration process that I referred you I get 10 Dollars or so.
You mean someone on the internet pretended to be someone else? :eek:

I bet that's never happened before
just wanna say I had some great fun these days with bumpdrafting at KY2 on R2R GT2 server \o/
slam, in your face bumpdraft haters
Hehe, I don't really get it why you people manage to upset eachothers in such a ordinary topic. There must be a way to agree/disagree without going apeshit and throwing shit at eachothers while having a moment of rage on the keyboard
Quote from The Very End :Hehe, I don't really get it why you people manage to upset eachothers in such a ordinary topic. There must be a way to agree/disagree without going apeshit and throwing shit at eachothers while having a moment of rage on the keyboard

Shhhhhh ur ruining the fun
I'll crawl back to my cave then :hide:
Quote from Jonesy_ :You might want to try something else than just oval racing, like turning to right for a change. and no, not talking about oval reversed.

And even if was only the oval that rows your boat, they really, like really do it in real life too. So why not in lfs?

+1
the biggest bumping and crashing motorsport ive seen is the Nascar Trucks...
Quote from Turbocharge :the biggest bumping and crashing motorsport ive seen is the Nascar Trucks...

Watch ARCA.
#141 - Zay
Quote from Turbocharge :the biggest bumping and crashing motorsport ive seen is the Nascar Trucks...

what he said
i like crash drafting: draft the car in front and clip their back wheel on the way past = I WIN
Haha, you win
Well, if the admin doesn't see that, and you don't get banned it's a win. Might a little selfish, but hell, you won didn't ya?
Quote from PMD9409 :Watch ARCA.

You mean Always Ready to Cause Accidents?

Quote from The Very End :Haha, you win
Well, if the admin doesn't see that, and you don't get banned it's a win. Might a little selfish, but hell, you won didn't ya?

+1 vote ban
Quote from Pablo Donoso :Ok what's the deal with Bump Drafters? I don't get why the collision detection doesn't count that lap as invalid for touching another car when it happens, or does it? I dunno, that's just straight cheating to me.

There should be something to detect when it happens, like a car hitting the rear bumper of another car multiple times in a short time period, say after 5 seconds of it.

The car in front can say hey, he was trying to hit me off the track, if that were the case, they would hit you from the side, not the back. Also the laptime should be invalid when counted as a PB.

The car in the back should also be penalized, say, a 30 sec. penalty, or pit drive through. Yeah the car in back can say he slammed on the brakes intentionally.

All I can say is bump drafting is cheating, go ahead and laugh to the ones doing it, it only shows you gotta cheat to get where others can without cheating.

Just an opinion. Cheaters never prosper, and always get caught.

I think it is a cheat, but they do it in the real world. You must wait untill Lfs gets a punishment system, as in iRacing, where car contact costa a penalty. EVERY time you hit, it costs !!

I instantly leave servers where they allow bumperdrafting, as I like to figth the others mano et mano.

Then there is ordinary drafting, without touching. That I can cope with

Try UF1000 on a track with at looong straight and suddenly you have to think tacticly too. That`s great fun, but pushing each other around is not
I disagree, pairing up with someone you don't know bump drafting (and getting a of approval from them) and catching up to the pack 20 yards ahead of us is great fun. It's also pretty rewarding to have pushed a car which at any time could lag into you and cause both of you to crash is the most hilarious of LFS ways.

I bump draft if I can (admittedly even in FOXs, though I welcome breakable wings to discourage this) and it works out more often than not, in fact I can't really remember the last time bump drafting has caused me to crash out.

I've not tried iRacing but I'm not sure if I'm all that keen on some kind of rating based on touches. That seems pretty harsh and very much against the spirit of LFS pick up races.
non contact motorsport. just like real life.

love the idea, let me go get my dress on.
Cheating? no. Maybe frowned upon by some but not cheating

Drivers do what they can get away with to go faster....
Quote from Furryappleseed :Cheating? no. Maybe frowned upon by some but not cheating

Drivers do what they can get away with to go faster....

Try to "bump" my car, and I will hit the brakes !
Me and other danes, once drove with numberplates with this text "NO BUMP".

In all computergames, people looks after cheats, so they can win and feel divine. You can cheat all you want, my friend, but you are NOT using my car to do it !

Your way - Why not weld the cars together ???
Quote from pik_d :I disagree, pairing up with someone you don't know bump drafting (and getting a of approval from them) and catching up to the pack 20 yards ahead of us is great fun. It's also pretty rewarding to have pushed a car which at any time could lag into you and cause both of you to crash is the most hilarious of LFS ways.

I bump draft if I can (admittedly even in FOXs, though I welcome breakable wings to discourage this) and it works out more often than not, in fact I can't really remember the last time bump drafting has caused me to crash out.

I've not tried iRacing but I'm not sure if I'm all that keen on some kind of rating based on touches. That seems pretty harsh and very much against the spirit of LFS pick up races.

If the spirit of Lfs is cheating with the openwheelers, then Lfs is absolutely nothing for me, anymore. If you can`t drive by yourself, take a bus or a train

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG