The online racing simulator
Quote from alland44 :Try to "bump" my car, and I will hit the brakes !
Me and other danes, once drove with numberplates with this text "NO BUMP".

So brake checking someone is better than bumpdrafting?..... Either you haven't thought this through or you have some seriously screwed up standards...

If i see that on someone's car I will never bumpdraft that person.

However, if i see someone i know and that person is fine with bumpdrafting. You can bet I will bumpdraft and I will not let some no skill noob who has no friends or teammates tell me that it's cheating.

Only place where I can see bumpdrafting be outlawed based on principle is open wheels.

Quote from alland44 :In all computergames, people looks after cheats, so they can win and feel divine. You can cheat all you want, my friend, but you are NOT using my car to do it !

Your way - Why not weld the cars together ???

Yes, you know what else people do in video games? intentional wrecking. Bumpdrafting is a grey area but if you brake check someone, that's malicious wrecking...no if ands or buts.

Bumpdrafting is a part of closed wheel racing. Does it get irritating that someone is winning because of good bumpdrafting? Sure...but it's no different from having a very good drafting partner. Learn to adapt to different disciplines of motorsports
Quote from lizardfolk :So brake checking someone is better than bumpdrafting?..... Either you haven't thought this through or you have some seriously screwed up standards...

If i see that on someone's car I will never bumpdraft that person.

However, if i see someone i know and that person is fine with bumpdrafting. You can bet I will bumpdraft and I will not let some no skill noob who has no friends or teammates tell me that it's cheating.

Only place where I can see bumpdrafting be outlawed based on principle is open wheels.

Yes, you know what else people do in video games? intentional wrecking. Bumpdrafting is a grey area but if you brake check someone, that's malicious wrecking...no if ands or buts.

Bumpdrafting is a part of closed wheel racing. Does it get irritating that someone is winning because of good bumpdrafting? Sure...but it's no different from having a very good drafting partner. Learn to adapt to different disciplines of motorsports

Good bumpdrafting ??
I don`t catch your point.

Its up to you, if you wanna cheat - You choose to - Me not.

Have a happy life in China mate !
Quote from alland44 :Good bumpdrafting ??
I don`t catch your point.

Its up to you, if you wanna cheat - You choose to - Me not.

Have a happy life in China mate !

Stop being retarded. Brake checking is a clear cut example of wrecking/dirty driving. Bump drafting (in closed wheel vehicles) is a perfectly valid strategy unless you do disadvantage the car in front.

Idiot.
Quote from alland44 :Try to "bump" my car, and I will hit the brakes !
Me and other danes, once drove with numberplates with this text "NO BUMP".

In all computergames, people looks after cheats, so they can win and feel divine. You can cheat all you want, my friend, but you are NOT using my car to do it !

Your way - Why not weld the cars together ???

I am just saying its not cheating. Never said I did it.

And I do pretty well winning without ever touching others.
Dont get my point?

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Stop being retarded. Brake checking is a clear cut example of wrecking/dirty driving. Bump drafting (in closed wheel vehicles) is a perfectly valid strategy unless you do disadvantage the car in front.

Idiot.

There...dustin has made it absolutely clear. Get that through your thick head.

Quote from alland44 :Its up to you, if you wanna cheat - You choose to - Me not.

Why is it cheating? What's so different between drafting and bumpdrafting? Both are a cooperative relationship that does not involve gaining an advantage at someone else's expense (which IS intentional wrecking)

Intentional wrecking is cheating, and brake checking (which apparently you are fine with) IS cheating.

Quote from alland44 :Have a happy life in China mate !

...I live in the United States. Can you even refute my argument without being racist? If not, then I rest my case.
Quote from lizardfolk :Dont get my point?
There...dustin has made it absolutely clear. Get that through your thick head.

I'm not trying to say what I said wasn't right... but since when did my word have some sort of higher meaning than any other person's opinion on driving standards? I don't consider me to do anything better than anyone else, nor have any higher understanding of them.

Does anyone actually think I know what I'm talking about?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm not trying to say what I said wasn't right... but since when did my word have some sort of higher meaning than any other person's opinion on driving standards? I don't consider me to do anything better than anyone else, nor have any higher understanding of them.

Whether the words are the result of a higher level of thinking or just merely a happy accident doesn't really matter.

Fact is, it is a very astute observation from you dustin. Whether that's characteristic of you or not doesn't really affect the validity of that particular statement.

Of course, anyone who believes that brake checking is ok while bumpdrafting is not shouldn't really be regarded as having a sound standard of racing. :rolleyes:
Drafting - Advantage for you and a little bit for the car in front
Bump drafting - Greater advantage for you and just as much for the car in front

Whats the difference, both advantage both cars just one gives more of an advantage... If it's physicly possible, why not do it. Once we get detachable wings I bet we wont see any of the open wheelers bump draft nonesense anymore... But for the GTR's/other cars, its just as much cheating as normal drafting (not cheating.)
Quote from evilpimp :Drafting - Advantage for you and a little bit for the car in front

Unfortunatly this is not correct in LFS the lead car gains no advantage in speed at this time.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :

Now that really made me laugh

The problem with drafting irl comes in the additional heat produced for the following car, with a "racing car" the cooling system for the engine and brakes can't do its job well without "clean air" this is what we will see hopefully in future LFS release, meaning longer braking distances and eventually premature engine falure for cars that choose to stay in the draft and stupidly bang into the car infront.
people keep saying its legitimate and used IRL, however I really think its not as common as people seem to believe, also its the sort of thing that will get you disqualified in most racing disiplines.

As people have said before if you are good enough, you dont need to cheat by using a glitch in the simulation software, and you end up feeling better about your own ability as a "clean" driver.

SD.
I love reading through these replies.

If :bump: drafting really annoys you that much I truly feel sorry for you all. Just go out there race and enjoy the game.

Oh and wave as i bump draft right by you

Rich
Quote from rich uk :I love reading through these replies.

If :bump: drafting really annoys you that much I truly feel sorry for you all. Just go out there race and enjoy the game.

Oh and wave as i bump draft right by you

Rich

We will all wave back as we pass you and your victim in the gravel

SD.
Yay Thankyou!
I don't like bump drafting, if someone starts doing it to me then I ask them to stop. If people want to bump draft on a public server then, meh, I do kinda see it as cheating but not really so much I'd say or do something about it. If someone beat me by bump drafting then thats the way I see it, to beat me you had to do that

I'm pretty sure bump drafting would/is not allowed in league races so that really tells you everything you need to know.

If you can't see the difference between drafting and bump drafting then you really are not in the same world I am. Too me the difference is clear.
Quote from garph :
I'm pretty sure bump drafting would/is not allowed in league races so that really tells you everything you need to know.

There was lots of bump drafting in some of the iTCC races this year. Check out this thread for the "discussion" they had about it.

Open wheel leagues always ban bump drafting, tin top leagues may or may not.
Quote from garph :

It's allowed in iTCC (really nuff said), and it is also allowed in closed wheel oval leagues as well. There's probably some other TBO leagues where bumpdrafting is allowed but i cant think of any atm
Meh, I would have thought bump drafting would not be allowed in leagues, things tend to me serious so I would have thought it would be a problem.

p.s. I have never heard of the iTCC so that means nothing to me.
Quote from garph :Meh, I would have thought bump drafting would not be allowed in leagues, things tend to me serious so I would have thought it would be a problem.

bumpdrafting is allowed and used in real life closed wheel series (NASCAR, ARCA, BTCC, WTCC, etc). That's as serious as you can possibly get with any racing series.

Quote from garph :p.s. I have never heard of the iTCC so that means nothing to me.

Then you are seriously behind the 8-ball.

iTCC...is only one of the most pretigious closed wheel touring car series to land in LFS. I am surprised you didn't hear of it...they have loads of videos, discussions and praises from alien drivers.
Quote from lizardfolk :Then you are seriously behind the 8-ball.

......hahahahahhahahah, oh noes

I don't like it, if others want to then, meh. I'm sure it will all come to a head at some point
I can't believe this is still going on. Yes heat is a factor (in real life) but we haven't gotten that far yet. LFS still favours ridiculous setups, but we don't see people calling those cheats as "THEY AREN'T REALISTIC, REAL LIFE THOSE WOULDN'T WORK FOR <reasons here>".

The game is how it is, drive it how it is until it gets changed/matures, then change your driving. Don't drive like a pretentious twat who is scared to get any sort of contact as contact is a part of closed wheel racing (maybe not to the extent of BTCC, but a certain amount is a given).

To show that this discussion is a repeat: Here's a thread from RSC, dated 2004. http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... p;highlight=bump+drafting
I never said anything about not liking contact or being pretentious.

Just added thought, my personal view that I don't do it but if others want to then they can.
Quote from dawesdust_12 : Don't drive like a pretentious twat who is scared to get any sort of contact as contact is a part of closed wheel racing (maybe not to the extent of BTCC, but a certain amount is a given).

easy on the hissy fit sally. they were talking about bumb drafting (tactical contact). contact happens in tip top racing.
Quote from dadge :contact happens in tip top racing.

Nuff said close thread please....
Quote from lizardfolk :Nuff said close thread please....

You forgot to quote the important part. :rolleyes:
Quote from Mp3 Astra :There have been threads about tyres before, there have been threads about damage before, there have been threads about contact before. Just because it was discussed 5 years ago doesn't mean it can't be discussed again

Yes, but it's retarded. Would you beat a dead horse in hope that you can kill it more?

I thought not.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG