The online racing simulator
FIA Formula 2
(139 posts, started )
Indeed

Nothing good
Quote from Highsider9 :He was most certainly out cold as soon as he hit the tire. The Impact into the barriers wasen't _that_ hard but imagine the force of hitting a tire with 100+ kph.

You might think that the crash itself wasn't that hard, but usually crashes when driver is knocked out before the actual crash are the worst.

The thing is - when you are in unconsciousness your body is not expecting any impact, which is not good at all. When you see that you will crash, you can somehow prepare for it, for example to save your hands by putting them off the wheel, move your legs to safier position etc.

I saw this race too, and I have no words. There was like 5 laps of clean racing without incidents and 30 minutes of standing on s/f line, waiting for other cars to be removed from the track and of course that incident with ambulance. Really weird race...
Today... everytime I swiched from DTM (wich was boring) to F2, red flags where out... When I changed the channel from DTM to watch the end of MotoGP and after that swiched to F2 again red flag. Then I saw the replay of it and was shocked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?g ... l=en-GB&v=4Svj-FOtEz4

for those who haven't saw it yet...

I'm somehow waiting to hear some news of it... Last year the incident in the SBK World Championship... now this...
Quote from TFalke55 :Today... everytime I swiched from DTM (wich was boring) to F2, red flags where out... When I changed the channel from DTM to watch the end of MotoGP and after that swiched to F2 again red flag. Then I saw the replay of it and was shocked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?g ... l=en-GB&v=4Svj-FOtEz4

for those who haven't saw it yet...

I'm somehow waiting to hear some news of it... Last year the incident in the SBK World Championship... now this...

Its just a freak accident and can no way be blamed on the track
I don't want to blame the track... it's just this sort of bad luck this track has... Both accidents, the one in SBK and the one in F2 could have happened elsewhere, too...
A lack of official information and a rather large amount of messages I am getting from the track stating the worst is very concerning indeed. Let's hope they are wrong.
Tragic accident. Lack of information isn't a good sign. It reminds me of this incident from Bathurst 2005 where Lowndes collected a stray tyre right in the windscreen.
Quote from Mysho : The thing is - when you are in unconsciousness your body is not expecting any impact, which is not good at all.

The only issue with being unconscious is the lack of braking, in terms of an actual crash it's better for your body to be totally relaxed.
what I wonder about is, why his feet didn't slip off the throttle when he hit the wall - isn't this a sign for spasms which would be an indicator for severe injuries to the brain?
Quote from AndreABG :what I wonder about is, why his feet didn't slip off the throttle when he hit the wall - isn't this a sign for spasms which would be an indicator for severe injuries to the brain?

The throttle could have jammed from the impact with the wall, rather than him pushing the pedal. But you could be right, head injuries can cause all sorts of strange things to happen to the body.
Ouch that looks bad... Still no news
Does look like he was braking to some degree, both front wheels are partially locking on the grass.

Very unlucky circumstances, unfortuantley it will be a miracle if he hasn't suffered some form of injury. Makes me sore just thinking of the energy that thing bounced off his head with.

Saying that was it not Da Matta who survived a deer striking him in the head? Although if I remember rightly it was a long road to recovery.
one of the drivers twittered about it

twitter.com/carlosiaconelli
So he died? He seems to say that ''The worst happened to Henry! Very bad day for the sport!'' and ''People i have to say that the feeling now is terrible...when you know that someone die racing is very bad''

Apperently rumors have it that all his close friends have RIP on their facebooks and such.
Holy poop

Hope not, really hope not
It is still unknown.... Hospitals said nothing..... :/
The fact that nobody has said anything, and that twitter page makes you think the worst.

I really hope he hasn't died, but I really do now fear the worst
Last I heard was that he's in hospital.

Got any other sources that confirm it?
Thats extremely unlucky, the weird thing is if you where to die in a openwheeler these days this would be the only way how really.
Quote from Mustafur :Thats extremely unlucky, the weird thing is if you where to die in a openwheeler these days this would be the only way how really.

Idk about that, I mean Meira fractured a vertebre in a hard crash at Indy. Had the contact been much worse the results would have been disasterious. But if ur only talking about circuit racing then probably...ya
Indeed very unlucky... What a sad weekend it has been for motorsports

FIA Formula 2
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG