Hekki Kovalainen
Nick Heidfeld
Fernando Alonso
Nelsonho Piquet
Sebastian Buemi
Kimi Raikkonen
Robert Kubica
Giancarlo Fisichella
I agree with dawguk, it's very difficult to tell who is improving with the state of all the different cars on the grid at the moment. I do think Buemi has a bright future though.
Quote from Gills4life :I agree with dawguk, it's very difficult to tell who is improving with the state of all the different cars on the grid at the moment. I do think Buemi has a bright future though.

Yep, Buemi does seem to have a bright future. It would be interesting if Buemi got to test the Redbull and see how he compares to the big brothers Webber and Vettel in his first season. :P
Do people seriously think Button got better this year?? How about Barrichello... was he one of the top drivers before when he was getting podiums at Ferrari, and then became a not very good driver, and now has come back to being one of the fasted drivers this year? No, of course not....
Quote from Michael Denham :Do people seriously think Button got better this year?? How about Barrichello... was he one of the top drivers before when he was getting podiums at Ferrari, and then became a not very good driver, and now has come back to being one of the fasted drivers this year? No, of course not....

Lol yeh the Button votes just show how much people think before voting :P.
Vettel
Non of them, it's all to do with the cars.... Now if we were to have a poll for the driver who seems to be loosing talent over the season then mine would go to bourdais!
Quote from Michael Denham :Do people seriously think Button got better this year?? How about Barrichello... was he one of the top drivers before when he was getting podiums at Ferrari, and then became a not very good driver, and now has come back to being one of the fasted drivers this year? No, of course not....

No he sucks, for the first half of the season hes car was soo much faster then the rest of the field he should of atleast got plenty of 2nd positions.

The RedBull has only been better for 3 races this season so far and both drivers are ahead of him in the points table.

IMO there isn't much difference from Fisichellas performance in 2005, he got hammered by Alonso and scored less then Shumacher in a mid-field Ferrari.
I don't think any driver improved significantly over last season yet.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Non of them, it's all to do with the cars.... Now if we were to have a poll for the driver who seems to be loosing talent over the season then mine would go to bourdais!

I would say Fisichella, he had the edge on Sutil last year for awhile, but now hes getting pretty dominated.
#35 - wild
Quote from Mustafur :No he sucks, for the first half of the season hes car was soo much faster then the rest of the field he should of atleast got plenty of 2nd positions.

He doesn't suck, if he sucked so much he would have been out of F1 a long time ago. He's not been in the sport for 17 years if he sucked as much as you make out he does.

This season he's had a vast amount of bad luck, with various clutch problems, pit stops and whatnot. Button has had more luck this season than anyone else really ...
Quote from wild :He doesn't suck, if he sucked so much he would have been out of F1 a long time ago. He's not been in the sport for 17 years if he sucked as much as you make out he does.

This season he's had a vast amount of bad luck, with various clutch problems, pit stops and whatnot. Button has had more luck this season than anyone else really ...

Well he barely out qualifys him(only in the past 2 races he has), he winges about everything, But i will say hes age is the main reason why he sucks, not because hes always sucked.

I highly doubt he will drive for Brawn next year and not many teams will want to take a driver who publicy critizes their team. Apart from a few Flukey races last year he also sucked, just becuase this season hes car is really good he has given a fake impression of being a capable driver.
Quote from Mustafur :Well he barely out qualifys him(only in the past 2 races he has), he winges about everything, But i will say hes age is the main reason why he sucks, not because hes always sucked.

I highly doubt he will drive for Brawn next year and not many teams will want to take a driver who publicy critizes their team. Apart from a few Flukey races last year he also sucked, just becuase this season hes car is really good he has given a fake impression of being a capable driver.

You could say the same about mark webber, he is only doing well this year due to the car.... Rubens is a superb driver!
Quote from Ssr_Nick :You could say the same about mark webber, he is only doing well this year due to the car.... Rubens is a superb driver!

Mark Webber has never been dominated by any driver hes had before though, and hes equal with Vettel so idk what your talking about.
Quote from wild :I've picked Sutil, I think he's done a marvellous job this season. He's just had too much bad luck compared with the rest of the guys. Force India will score a point this season, I'm certain

I think Sutil is probably the most overrated driver on the grid. Everyone said he is good. But IMO he just isn't. Other than that one time in Monaco, everytime he was in the points he made a mistake. This year China, and Germany last weekend.
Sutil, Webber was always good he just had bad cars and was very unlucky, and the Red bull has improved over the season.
#41 - JJ72
Quote from Mustafur :Well he barely out qualifys him(only in the past 2 races he has), he winges about everything, But i will say hes age is the main reason why he sucks, not because hes always sucked.

He doesn't suck.

In 2005, in Honda's bad year he is just about equal with Button, in 2006 button had a better result, and now he is where he needs to be, scoring points when Button is having a bad weekend.

He out qualified Button in the last two races, and out raced him too, if that isn't a prove that he is still a capable driver, what else is? Button is a very decent driver, and Ruben's result against him so far is quite respectable.

Saying somebody sucks just because he is old is idiotic imo. I can understand his frustration because Brawn's tactic last race was wrong in so many places.
Quote from JJ72 :He doesn't suck.

In 2005, in Honda's bad year he is just about equal with Button, in 2006 button had a better result, and now he is where he needs to be, scoring points when Button is having a bad weekend.

He out qualified Button in the last two races, and out raced him too, if that isn't a prove that he is still a capable driver, what else is? Button is a very decent driver, and Ruben's result against him so far is quite respectable.

Saying somebody sucks just because he is old is idiotic imo. I can understand his frustration because Brawn's tactic last race was wrong in so many places.

He didn't out race him in Germany, button Finished ahead of him after starting way back.

im not talking about previous years though im talking about this year, there is a big gap between him and button right now but there car is good enough to hide it.

If he was not in a title contending car this year i doubt he would be in f1 next year at all.

Of course if he starts scoring wins or dominates button for the rest of the season ill be eating my words but i just can't see it.
Quote from JJ72 :He doesn't suck.

in 2005 Button was in a BAR and Barrichello was in a Ferrari?

2006: Barrichello was pretty dominated

2007: It wasn't that spectacular at all but button did some decent performances and manage to salvage some points.

2008: I think the car was that bad you couldn't gather enough information about whats going on.

2006 was the only other season that they both were in a half decent car and the same thing happened as now.
#44 - JJ72
oh yes my mistake.

I don't think it's a bad showing for him against Button to be honest, probably since I does rate Button as a geniue first tier driver. The perspective will be very different if you consider Button as average of course.
Quote from wild :I've picked Sutil, I think he's done a marvellous job this season. He's just had too much bad luck compared with the rest of the guys. Force India will score a point this season, I'm certain

Agreed.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I think Sutil is probably the most overrated driver on the grid. Everyone said he is good. But IMO he just isn't. Other than that one time in Monaco, everytime he was in the points he made a mistake. This year China, and Germany last weekend.

+1

Can anyone voting for Sutil give some examples of his improvements?

Yes, he does drive in areas where the Force India normally doesn't belong every 4th or 5th race. But so far he has always thrown it away when he was in a position to get a good finish (except Monaco last year obviously). And in the other races he is just very average or doing silly mistakes. I really can't see how he has improved at all.

The only driver who has shown some signs of improvements is Nakajima, IMO. It was already a surprise if he completed more than 10 laps in any race last season but this season he did a lot better so far (especially in quali), IMO.
Quote from zeugnimod :+1

Can anyone voting for Sutil give some examples of his improvements?

Yes, he does drive in areas where the Force India normally doesn't belong every 4th or 5th race. But so far he has always thrown it away when he was in a position to get a good finish (except Monaco last year obviously). And in the other races he is just very average or doing silly mistakes. I really can't see how he has improved at all.

The only driver who has shown some signs of improvements is Nakajima, IMO. It was already a surprise if he completed more than 10 laps in any race last season but this season he did a lot better so far (especially in quali), IMO.

And perhaps Nico Rosberg. The Williams car isn't that strong, but they have both put in some good performances (either quali or race). Although I fear for Rosberg a little bit, as he'shad a couple of good races and is starting to get a bit full of himself. I hope he doesn't trip himself up ...
I think anyone who voted for Sutil is clearly ignoring Fisichella's races this season, he's had 3 brilliant races recently where he has been inches from scoring a points on pure merit whereas Sutil is usually too busy running into something.

On the subject of most improved driver I would also have to say Rosberg. He has been a bit unlucky not to have scored a few more points from the opening rounds but is proving far more reliable than last season.
Quote from dawguk :Although I fear for Rosberg a little bit, as he'shad a couple of good races and is starting to get a bit full of himself. I hope he doesn't trip himself up ...

I don't get that impression at all, at least in german interviews.

He comes across as very down to earth and likeable, IMO. Obviously can't say how it is in english interviews.
rosberg seems very down to earth in english as well imo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG