Hekki Kovalainen
Nick Heidfeld
Fernando Alonso
Nelsonho Piquet
Sebastian Buemi
Kimi Raikkonen
Robert Kubica
Giancarlo Fisichella
F1 Mid-season Poll: Most improved driver this season?
You would have to say Button has improved Rapidly since last year, but i don't think hes team mate is a fair comparason as Rubens has lost it, Webber is doing a much better job then people have expected and is equal with Vettel.

Then you have Drivers like buemi who in there debut season have dominate bourdais in quailifying and in most of the races.

Nico rosberg and Trulli have done allright this season too.
#2 - J@tko
Nakajima
Quote from J@tko :Nakajima

To say hes improved would mean he would have to be the worst driver in history. He out qualified Rosberg once with lower fuel but still failed to score.
#4 - J@tko
I'd say that I didn't think he deserved his seat at the start of the season. Now I'd say he does

And I can't think of anyone else who has really improved tbh.
#5 - Gil07
Bourdais
The cars are being developed too rapidly to make any judgement on it.

Nobody knows or can tell who has improved greatly since the start of the season, as there is no way in normalizing a driver's performance - there's too many variables that affect the course of a driver's season.
Quote from dawguk :The cars are being developed too rapidly to make any judgement on it.

Nobody knows or can tell who has improved greatly since the start of the season, as there is no way in normalizing a driver's performance - there's too many variables that affect the course of a driver's season.

Not really, if you compare them to there team mates its much easier.
edit
Jenson Button.
#10 - wild
I've picked Sutil, I think he's done a marvellous job this season. He's just had too much bad luck compared with the rest of the guys. Force India will score a point this season, I'm certain
Quote from wild :I've picked Sutil, I think he's done a marvellous job this season. He's just had too much bad luck compared with the rest of the guys. Force India will score a point this season, I'm certain

Only when theres no Kimi left in Ferrari! :hide:
Lol Buttons still the same, but the car and strategies are amazing. :P

I'd go with Nakajima too... He use to crash in T1 or the first few corners every race, now he keeps it on the road and even sets some pretty fast laps.

And Mustafur, it doesn't mean that he's still not at his teammates level that he didn't improve. He improved quite a bit imo. But yeah not many drivers improved. Either the car got better or it got worst, hard to judge... Even if you compare them to their teammates because some cars favor different driving styles then others.
#13 - wild
Quote from TexasLTU :Only when theres no Kimi left in Ferrari! :hide:

Better be careful what your saying Just don't walk past any people in red or Maranello for a while and I'm sure you'll be fine
Yeh and don't visit me on track. I drive a Maranello kart
Quote from evilpimp :Lol Buttons still the same, but the car and strategies are amazing. :P

I'd go with Nakajima too... He use to crash in T1 or the first few corners every race, now he keeps it on the road and even sets some pretty fast laps.

And Mustafur, it doesn't mean that he's still not at his teammates level that he didn't improve. He improved quite a bit imo. But yeah not many drivers improved. Either the car got better or it got worst, hard to judge... Even if you compare them to their teammates because some cars favor different driving styles then others.

This.

If all the drivers had exactly the same cars all season, and some drivers gradually got better, then you could say who is progressing. At the minute, we can't really tell, because one car might be a rocket, and the other might be a dead giraffe.

I don't know if Button is an improved driver (he hasn't got lack of miles under him before this season, he's not exactly wet behind the ears). He's always had a nice smooth driving style, but a car that is gash. His driving style is the same this year, but his car is fast. Doesn't mean he's improved.
I voted for Webber. I previously counted him mainly as an also-ran, but the last few races from him have been impressive.
Quote from wild :I've picked Sutil, I think he's done a marvellous job this season. He's just had too much bad luck compared with the rest of the guys. Force India will score a point this season, I'm certain

I'm with this guy
Sutil, alot of people voting for Button but he has always been very consistant and brought the most out of a car, nothing has changed in that, only the car.
Webber has been good all along but has stepped up his game a little and has improved alot but full credit to Sutil who has stepped up to the mark big time
I'm sorry but Sutil......give a break. I surely cant be the only one that thinks he's being overrated here surely?

Review of his season so far.
  • In Austrila started 16th on the grid, Sutil progressed steadily through the field to finish just outside the points in 9th place.
  • In Malaysia he qualified 19th and finished 15th when the race was stopped on lap 33 due to torrential rain.
  • In China was racing in 6th place with 6 laps remaining when he lost control of his Force India − due to aquaplaning − resulting in him crashing and forcing him to retire.
  • In Barain Sutil was penalised for blocking Mark Webber during the first qualifying session. He personally walked into Mark's room to apologise for the incident. Finished in 16th Not the first time, nor the last time someone has had this complaint of the Sutil and the Force India's
  • Spain and after running wide wide at the first corner of the first lap Sutil rejoined the track only to hit the Toyota of Trulli, who had also run wide and was rejoing the track, the resulting crash resulted in both Bourdais and Buemi to crash and all 4 of them were out.
  • Monaco saw Sutil finished 14th, after qualifying 15th
  • The Turkish Grand Prix saw him get a best qualifying postion in 15th, but finished the race back in 17th
  • British GP Sutil went off at Abby and brought out the red flag, he finished the race in 18th
  • German GP and got lucky with the conditions and got 2nd on the grid, but his race was over after a collision with Kimi which could have been avoided by Sutil after being more than optimistic.
I wouldn't say the results we have seen this year are any different from last year, yes he has had a decent weekend in Australia and Germany, was unlucky in China, but has been at the back end of the pack on other. I just don't see any difference.
Sutil FTW.

Not counting button or barrichello I voted for Webber he's been very consistently fast compared to last year.
Honestly, I don't think that drivers that have been around for long improve anymore... Its just the car.
Webber because he's coming back from his injury.
Quote from amp88 :Webber because he's coming back from his injury.

Although it is impressive, how is it an improvement from last season?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG