The online racing simulator
Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
Using credits would difficult full stop imo.

I'm o.k in the FOX in which I spend pretty much most of my time driving atm because of the lack of time I have for LFS and the fact I can jump in it straight away and be ok.

If this unlocking feature came in, would I have to learn to drive the UF1 etc etc just to unlock my favourite car?

What about those who have done millions of miles doing the oval racing, are you going to allow them to have ll the cars unlocked even though the probably can't drive them!?
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Using credits would difficult full stop imo.

I'm o.k in the FOX in which I spend pretty much most of my time driving atm because of the lack of time I have for LFS and the fact I can jump in it straight away and be ok.

If this unlocking feature came in, would I have to learn to drive the UF1 etc etc just to unlock my favourite car?

What about those who have done millions of miles doing the oval racing, are you going to allow them to have ll the cars unlocked even though the probably can't drive them!?

No. In my system (hyperaktzione unclocking mechanism XXL) you could drive the FOX in offline races and get your points there.

I really haven't though it that much, but there should be some kind of "shortcut" for the more experience players who know how to handle the cars and themselves online.

But aren't you bothered that some people just don't know how to drive? At all.
Just going to throw out some ideas (some have already been touched on);

Allowing server to require n of complete hot laps in a car offline before you can race that car it online?

What about a 110% rule for HotLap times? A matching system where servers can stipulate where only people within 110% of a preset lap time can race on that server?

How about a class / points licensing system? Allow servers to lock races for that license (or above and below if you want) only. Each license is obtained after x number of races online w/ no DQs or send offs AND best lap times are within nnn% of best lap time of that race.

/just thinking out loud.
I think the Devs COULD make Blackwood a little wider, cnsidering the fact that Demo Gameplay sucks. I'm also considering the purchse of S2 liscense, and it would be fun to play Blackwood with a little bigger track and wider, too.

Just like seeing Anna Kournikova lift her tennis skirt, the BF1 does nothing for me. I want something fast and exciting like street sweepers, garbage trucks, steam rollers, and earth movers...

How someone can not be excited by the BF1 is really beyond me illepall
F1 is pretty much the pinnacle of road racing in my opinion.
Quote from der_jackal :What about a 110% rule for HotLap times? A matching system where servers can stipulate where only people within 110% of a preset lap time can race on that server?

Fast drivers are not necessarily good racers though.
exactly often i'll beat guys that are capable of going a couple seconds faster than me per lap because they dont know how to pass cleanly.

But "battle skills" mostly come with experience and along with that comes speed.

the gtr class cars are even more fun to drive now. closer racing nowadays. i can actually keep up with the fz with my xrr now
Quote from Hyperactive : But aren't you bothered that some people just don't know how to drive? At all.

Of course I'm bothered but unfortunatly with the current options avaliable it wouldn't be possible in my opinion.

Then theres the problem of those who feel once they have paid £24 they are entitled to the full game online and offline.

The only surefire way of dealing with this is for more people to race in leagues etc.
The BF1 is great ....offline..

but I find online it moves so fast and I cant react to things in time.....i'm not an F1 driver after all....

Also, the BF1 will probably have attracted a load of new players who's lack of experience shows up on crowded servers...

FOX, on south city classic...20 odd cars competing is still great....and if you can get up the front....you feel like a god.

In fact, I think the servers like that attract the best racers....which is good. The new physics have given much better racing as passing is now down to pure skill rather than someone getting a little out of shape and flying off.
Quote from ruckus37 :I’m guessing not much presses your buttons if bf1 doesn’t.

Not everyone is amazed by f1 cars , sure they fly but many here seem to prefer cars not the open wheel class, I for one wouldve rather seen a car ( non lx series or open wheel) with a V8 than the bmw, it came as a bit of a shock and I'd always had the ntion that the devs wouldn't accept any sort of money to put manufacturers stuff in the game?

I guess it was to cater to the F1 crowd here they did it to stop them whining, what next, NOS for the 4 cyl fast & furious crowd?

I'd really like to hear Scawen tells us how and why the BMW came about in case i'm being very generalized and unfair with my comments maybe no money changed hands, maybe they all are driving new BMW cars who knows who cares their game isn't it?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Fast drivers are not necessarily good racers though.

Very true, but at least you know you're dealing with somebody who can keep it between the white lines at the speed you're used to.

So while you've not culled every bad driver, you've at least reduced the amount of bad drivers you're likely to face.

Passing is an art, not learned easily and I'd hazard a guess that the majority of the people out there racing on servers don't know how to do it properly. But if you can keep the rolling chicances, first corner foul ups and mobile missles out of your race, your chances of having a better race over all just went up.

Like I said, thinking out loud. But I like the licensing, to get a LFS <Super, Class A, B or C> license you have to complete x number of online races, no DQs, no bans, laps within nnn% of the best lap of the race.

Lots of infrastructure to implement, but could be a useful system. You're not blocked from running any car, you don't have to unlock anything, but you can't race on every server out there.

I'll shuddup now.
Not tired of it at all. It's a truly magnificent car to get into for some MAJOR change of scenery/experience versus the others. It's too difficult to race properly with most people, including my sucky self. But it's there, I take it out now and then in a race, and I really enjoy having it around.

Especially around the time of a real F1 race..
#63 - Goop
Good to see you're still about ShannonN... I 'ed as well regarding official sponsorship... but I have no idea of the ins and outs, so no comment.

Like most, I'm over the BF1. I find it close to zero-fun at Blackwood, and it's far more irritating than it is rewarding dodging spinners, late-braking heroes and oblivious backmarkers. Would be good in a league with others that know the combination, but honestly... I think it's just too much car for me

GTRs and LXes please
I think the general feeling amongst many is that they are sick of the BF1 on Blackwood (a problem given the number of servers running that combo at the moment).

I have raced the BF1 with smaller groups (5-6 people) on WE and KY Nat and it was great fun. I joined a server last night on Blackwood and left again within 20 minutes.

Finally, has anyone ever seen an F1 race with sub 1-minute laps?
Quote from typhoonf1 :I think the general feeling amongst many is that they are sick of the BF1 on Blackwood (a problem given the number of servers running that combo at the moment).

I have raced the BF1 with smaller groups (5-6 people) on WE and KY Nat and it was great fun. I joined a server last night on Blackwood and left again within 20 minutes.

Finally, has anyone ever seen an F1 race with sub 1-minute laps?

Correct. BF1 is perfect for the long tracks like KY GP and AS North but hardly anybody runs them. Buzzing around Blackwood in under a minute got real old to me but since so many people still gleefully plunge themselves into that chaos that's all we ever see most of the time.

Now as I look on the active server list I see hardly any BF1 servers now and only 1 on Blackwood. The busiest is the Oval server (go figure). I hope people haven't got too burnt out by the whole BF1/BL craze because like I said there are other tracks that are tailor-made to this car and I'm confident that more people would enjoy it if servers would use those tracks.

Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG