The online racing simulator
Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
Tired of the BF1 yet?
Let me qualify my statement...er, question.
The BF1 is the biggest inclusion to LFS since I discovered this game. It was a huge coup by the devs. It is an absolute thrill to drive,it has been implimented very well in to the game and will bring much deserved kudos (and extra income) to the devs.
The BF1 has potential for legendary league events; the car is made for longer distance races where strategy and pure concentration cannot be better exhibited.

But it is not made for 5 lap races at Blackwood with 20 car grids.

The unfortunacy (new word) is that this combo is dominating the public servers to the detriment of all other classes. The well documented T1 pileups are inevitable and annoying. More annoying than in other car classes as they are more likely to be unrecoverable.
The 'racing' I have found to be almost non existant. It's pure survival, just dodging other drivers mistakes while tring not to make one yourself. I don't think I've ever actually overtaken someone without them making a mistake of sorts. I've also noticed that because the speeds are so high, any hint of lag is much more noticable which is bad.

Meanwhile, the other great improvements to the game which apply to all car classes are being ignored. The F08 for example feels perfect now wit the new physics and is dying for a good thrash online, but nobody is hosting it. The same goes for the RWD TBO cars. Great fun, nobody driving 'em

This is by no means a doom and gloom post saying that the new patch sucks or that the devs got it wrong. Quite the opposite. I'm saying lets enjoy the whole patch and not just the standout feature of it. The devs made a lot of improvement to the game apart from the BF1.

Lets use the BF1 in it's proper element; longer distance races on GP style tracks and leave the 5 lap races at Blackwood to the road cars.
Quote from farcar :LI don't think I've ever actually overtaken someone without them making a mistake of sorts.

.....isn't modern days F1-Racing cool?

I was tired of it within a day or two, F1 just doesnt press my buttons or float my boat unfortunatly

Dan,
i like the BF1... but it's hard to have a decent race with it. most people are crappy at driving it so there is lots of wrecking. Its pretty sad...
i've decided to wait for the noobs to grow tired of crashing the BF1.
I am tired of it. It is nice in a little longer races, but as said, in 5 lap races in BL or other rather short track, it's just not the car to go with.

FOX and FO8 are way more fun anyways.
I actually see a lot more servers for TBO, lx4 and Rac/FZ5/lx6. Although this may just be because since the patch more people are playing and the numbers will die off again in a month or so.

But i agree, I have hardly played the BF1 online at all. Im crap in it and so are most others!

For me you just cant beat the closer racing that the road cars give you. I never use the GTR cars.

I do agree with you that the FOX and FO8 are awesome now. Much better than the BF1 IMO.

Dave.
u r right in when saying puplic bf1 racing is a kind of adventure. but if also had great racing in the bf1 already. i think the point is: it needs more skill than the the gtrs for example, cos reaction time is so low. To me it feels almost racing an RC car onboard, although RC racing has an even faster pace. http://www.stoffl.net/rmcmovies/rmcaction.avi

once u have a got set, and found the rythem - u can have great racing.

the problem that there are lots of bf1 hosts will solve itself in near future. sooner or later ppl will get tierd of it, and switch back to the older cars.
20Laps of BLGP in the BF1 can be a little like dodging the back markers / those who have crashed, I must admit. Though if you get a good battle going with someone, it can be very interesting. I had a number of good races on this combo, at this length.
#9 - Vain
I drove the BF1 for half an hour in singleplayer, got it well controlled without TC, found it to be unsuitable for public racing (see above) and went with the other cars.

By the way, FO8 on AS North is a great combo.
I'd love to see it hosted.

Vain
I dont know.. I havent driven it yet
...and actually I dont really care about the BF1.
Quote from Gabkicks :most people are crappy at driving it so there is lots of wrecking. Its pretty sad...
i've decided to wait for the noobs to grow tired of crashing the BF1.

The other day me and other racer were racing UF1000s on Aston Cadet. The grid was we two with uf1000 and some 8-10 guys with BF1s or FZRs. Sometimes we were finishing in 4th or 5th place... That says it all
I still love it for flying around blackwood by myself, but for a race the smaller cars are still the best, im finding that the UF GTR is an absolutte scream in race conditions as long as your not too serious and its only 3 laps or so.
Hardly driven BF1. Real men don't need downforce.
I still prefer FOX over BF1.. the FOX just gives much closer racing and there's more time for reacting. Don't get me wrong, I think driving the BF1 around south city is a BLAST, but it stresses me a bit too much for longer races.

FOX :lovies3d:
Quote from DasBoeseC :.....isn't modern days F1-Racing cool?

Yep, LFS Formula 1 racing and Real life Formula 1 racing is exactly the same.
How about watching some races?
Quote from Bob Smith :Hardly driven BF1. Real men don't need downforce.

That's about how I see it. I like some downforce but on the Fox and GTR type cars. I haven't driven but 3 offline laps with the BF 1 as it's just a different animal than all the others. I don't care to unlearn my feel from the others, yet.
Quote from danowat :I was tired of it within a day or two, F1 just doesnt press my buttons or float my boat unfortunatly

Dan,

I’m guessing not much presses your buttons if bf1 doesn’t.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
..lol i havent touched any other car except the formula 1 since we got it
Where the BF1 really shines is in tracks with loads of turns, and low speeds, like fern bay, where someone with ice cold nerves can make really great overtakes on the turns, yet, if you cannot control yourself you will crash others, or wear your tyres so much that they will blow in just 3 laps, its all about nerves, tactic, low TC (or even none, you must control your throtle or you will burn out all your tyres and start spinning) and good over the gears, this is where all the BF1 fun is hidden.

With this sayed, my point of view is that we need a new track to match this fantastic car, if we had the Monaco race track on the game, with the original F1 championship configuration we would see this car shinning, this track combines all great aspects of this car into one fast paced, hard and scary as shit (accelarating in uprising turns with walls on both sides really close, thats FUN!!! ) racing.

I would pay the normal 12 pounds just to get that track !

Best regards
SilentWarrior
I got bored of the Sauber (I still refuse to call it a BMW, as the Sauber is a good car) after about 2 hours. I've still played it despite that, but it's a completely awful experience with the noobs online (some of whom should no better). Anyone who hasn't tried to other cars post-patch is a fool, as they are very different now.

I'm hoping in a couple of months everyone will have realised they can't drive well enough for the BF1, so that I can begin to enjoy it.
We need a big diesel 4X4 truck with a camping tralier.
Quote from Aphot :We need a big diesel 4X4 truck with a camping tralier.

RV racing lol
#23 - Gunn
Some members will recall that when the MRT was introduced it dominated servers for months. Currently I'm enjoying the BF1 but still drive the FOX and FZR more. I have found that I can go a lot faster in all cars than I would have thought possible. Slowly tweaking my sets and the PBs are being anihilated.

The real best news about the new patch and the new car is what it does for leagues and organised racing. Now that certain aero bugs have been squashed and the tyres have improved I expect that those guys who compete in organised events will be taking a huge step forward this year. I think more racers will have the confidence to participate in events now.
I feel the same way as most people. I get onto open servers, hoping to practice the FZR, and suddenly, 5 people come on. Yes, goodie, competition to race against.

Shame its their own competition. ALL of them drive BF1's. Even around the small circuits, with very few laps. It's kind of sad that people are just 'obsessed' with the BF1 to race it non stop. I hope for their sake they try the other cars and see how much better they are.

I'm not against the BF1 at all, it's just online racing is getting dominated by the BF1, and I'm growing a little weary of it.

About the patch, I agree with you on the 2nd paragraph Gunn. The cars seem much more 'friendly' in my opinion, and I am feeling ever more confident with the cars.
Quote from Vain :By the way, FO8 on AS North is a great combo.
I'd love to see it hosted.

Vain

Yep, just as sweet on North rev also.

The BF1 is alot of fun to lap in, because of teh uber speed and insane grip. It's possible to have good races with it, just with the right people, and not too many that can't drive it. I've been having the most fun with the fo8 and fox, I love em now !!1!1!11

Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG