The online racing simulator
Quote from de Souza :Das Boot.

If you like ships, wars and a realistic told story, I can't recommend it enough.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :A truly epic film, and as long as your not one of those that get put of by subtitles, then it's a must see imo, its most definitely in my top 5 war film category.

I recommend the Director´s Cut DVD ...293 minutes !!!
"The German film was nominated for Best Sound in 1981 which meant that it was critical to maintain the original style of sound but with 1996 sound quality."

"Na, Männer..... ...... ...alles klar?"
Quote from VoiD :I recommend the Director´s Cut DVD ...293 minutes !!!

That`s the newer uncut mini-series DVD version running time. The DC version is shorter :P

I have almost all the versions, but I vastly prefer the newer 293 minute version (in german with english subtitles)

DC i feel has the better sound, but it`s such a phenomenal film, I`ll gladly take the longer (proper) version with slightly less sound quality.
funny

noone has suggested tarkovsky's stalker yet?

fo shaaaaaaaaame

in the correct forum this time : D
Quote from george_tsiros :funny

noone has suggested tarkovsky's stalker yet?

fo shaaaaaaaaame

in the correct forum this time : D

That's because I haven't seen it LATELY but it's truly amazing film....

I saw the workprint of x-men wolverine yesterday... it was interesting to see how films are actually made (missing textures, cgis instead of stunts,...)
Quote from Lible :Ice Age 3
haven't been in cinema for years. It was certainly watchable and if you don't have anything better to do there's no reason to avoid it.

Das Boot's a must see and if you're at it get the uncut version, 5 hours of boring movie, one of my favourite movies.

Ice Age 3 was ok, not a super movie but it was enjoyable. I watched it in cinema and 3D, the 3D effect sucked balls.. lol.. worst 3 effects ever.
Call 1-866-666-6001 for a quick freak out.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Call 1-866-666-6001 for a quick freak out.

What?

Ice Age 3 was a big disappointment to me.....
Bruno!

Iz funkyzeit!
Ok, so a shock Saturday night in caused some boredom, I wanted to watch a decent movie but didn't trust the ones I havn't seen yet so I opted to watch Donnie Darko for the 3rd time....

Wtf is with that movie, The first time I watched it, I was like hmm that was pretty good, the second time I thought it was epic, the third and it's got better again, I seriously don't think there's a film better than it.

So if you havn't seen it, go watch it three times, if you have seen it, watch it again, coz you'll still laugh at the gym teachers anus.

This all came on because I watched the second one, Samantha Darko, it's out on DVD allready and as expected it's nowhere near the standard of Donnie, but it's still worth the watch. Instantly I recognised Samantha in the sequel and it turns out that Samantha in part 1 as a little girl is the same actress.
Withnail & I
Quote from Bawbag :Ok, so a shock Saturday night in caused some boredom, I wanted to watch a decent movie but didn't trust the ones I havn't seen yet so I opted to watch Donnie Darko for the 3rd time....

Wtf is with that movie, The first time I watched it, I was like hmm that was pretty good, the second time I thought it was epic, the third and it's got better again, I seriously don't think there's a film better than it.

So if you havn't seen it, go watch it three times, if you have seen it, watch it again, coz you'll still laugh at the gym teachers anus.

This all came on because I watched the second one, Samantha Darko, it's out on DVD allready and as expected it's nowhere near the standard of Donnie, but it's still worth the watch. Instantly I recognised Samantha in the sequel and it turns out that Samantha in part 1 as a little girl is the same actress.

There are supposed to be making a Donnie Darko 2.....

...bound to be crap.

Quote from Ssr_Nick :Withnail & I

I demand to have some Booze.....actually in my current state that would only hurt the problem.
The question is!...

Do you want the finest wines available to humanity?
Push and Knowing.

Both excellent.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Knowing

Worst last 15 minutes ever. By far.

Apart from that, I thought it was pretty enjoyable. That aircraft scene was simply breathtaking.
Quote from de Souza :Worst last 15 minutes ever. By far.

Apart from that, I thought it was pretty enjoyable. That aircraft scene was simply breathtaking.

Yeah thanks, meant to say that. Having watched all of push and being about 30 minutes from the end of Knowing, I just typed away.

But my point stands, both good movies.
Quote from Bawbag :Ok, so a shock Saturday night in caused some boredom, I wanted to watch a decent movie but didn't trust the ones I havn't seen yet so I opted to watch Donnie Darko for the 3rd time....

Snap.

Donnie Darko is one of my all time favourite films, and I watched S Darko with some serious trepidation, due to the complete slating in is getting on IMDB.

But you know what?, it ain't that bad, it's pretty much a carbon copy of DD with a girl, but I actually found it quite enjoyable.
Quote from The Very End :Ice Age 3 was ok, not a super movie but it was enjoyable. I watched it in cinema and 3D, the 3D effect sucked balls.. lol.. worst 3 effects ever.

There was a huge queue in the cinema and the Estonian and Russian (lots of russians in estonia) sessions were sold out, but I planned to go to the 2D English version, which had about 15 persons .
PUSH.... interesting(ish) idea turned into utter garbage. If you love sci-fi avoid at all costs.

KNOWING... I'm another that was surprised to find myself really enjoying it..but then the ending was utter tripe and that alone makes it go in the "will not watch again" pile.

I thought The Escapist Was a good little film, well worth checking out.
Will watch The Escapist sometime..
Mississippi Burning - Currently on BBC 1.

Possibly one of the most important films of it's time, Gene Hackman turns in one of his best performances. A film that imo is a must see.
Drag Me To Hell

has everything what a good horror needs including great finish
ice age 3, pretty funny have to say and girls like it too
the hangover, probably the funniest movie i have ever seen
Transformers!!! Revenge of the fallen!
:biggun:

I rise. You fall.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG