The online racing simulator
i dont watch nascar but i find a race full of crashes more exciting than a race with almost none.
Quote from G!NhO :i dont watch nascar but i find a race full of crashes more exciting than a race with almost none.

I'd rather watch a race without crashes but with a lot of clean racing and passing than a race with a grid full of idiots wrecking each other.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't watch BTCC, either.

Schumacher was an arrogant and unfair ****, you will certainly never see me defend him anywhere.

And most of his blocks were punished accordingly. The point was that Mustafur said that "wrecking is allowed" in Nascar which is ridiculous if true and the reason why I said that I am glad that I don't watch it.

Ill just say I don't agree on your views with Shumacher at all but lets just leave it at that becuase this isn't the topic.

Nascar is completey different to Circuit racing.

What i ment was, its allowed in a way because any contact made from anywhere apart from the back of the car is sure to make a 10 car+ pile up and in 90% of the cases no one will be punished because it would be unfair to with such slight contact when doing speeds of close to 200MPH.

When there are 40 plus cars going around an oval at 200mph with Huge heavy highly powerful Cars it creates a great specatcle.
BTW. Ambrose finished 6th! Way to go Marcos!!!
Watching the replay and hearing Busch's spotter, I think it's really the spotter's fault. He said something to the effect of, "coming high", implying that Tony had a run on him but wasn't there yet. He clearly had a fender along side at that time. If a car is already next to you, the spotter should be saying something like "car high."

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had they stayed side-by-side to the finish.
Good point. The spotter does come into play. I'm not sure where the spotter's stand is at Daytona, but it's possible and likely that he was looking straight on at Kyle. That would make it tough to judge whether a car is along side or just closing in.

I still want to see a freight train of cars drafting at 230. I think another 40 mph would be wicked. They better put up a taller/stronger catch fence.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'd rather watch a race without crashes but with a lot of clean racing and passing than a race with a grid full of idiots wrecking each other.

LOL ARCA

Quote from Mustafur :Ill just say I don't agree on your views with Shumacher at all but lets just leave it at that becuase this isn't the topic.

Nascar is completey different to Circuit racing.

What i ment was, its allowed in a way because any contact made from anywhere apart from the back of the car is sure to make a 10 car+ pile up and in 90% of the cases no one will be punished because it would be unfair to with such slight contact when doing speeds of close to 200MPH.

When there are 40 plus cars going around an oval at 200mph with Huge heavy highly powerful Cars it creates a great specatcle.

Racing incidents on the oval is very easy to misjudge and say "ZOMG THAT WAS INTENTIONAL" Sometimes things that happen on the oval is just a racing incident even if something like that will never happen on circuits short of being intentional.

And if you start regulating it to death (which I think NASCAR is but that's a different topic). Then you'll loose that wild nature that is oval racing. Contact is just a part of stock car racing just as it's a part of touring car as well.
#158 - Zay
lol I love NASCAR and just found out about this thread now.I feel embarassed.anyway,I think Johnson(my favourite driver)has a pretty good shot of making history and winning 4 championships in a row.
simple fact is...

both are like secure in the chase pretty much..

they were racing for those 10 bonus points once the points get reset to 5000. so busch was blocking like mad and got bit for those 10 points.. he knew he was gonna either finish first or end up in the wall and he ended up in the wall.. but comes to the chase those 10 points matter gives u head start so its understandable why he blocked more than once, he just got owned coz tony was there xD
I wish Busch would stop storming off after the races, I'm sure some of these interviews would be really entertaining. I guess he learned by now that he'll have less trouble later on if no one gets a chance to hear what he has to say after the race. I don't hate him at all, I just think he has some great quotes when he's pissed off.

Go Stewart, 2009 champ!
Wow.

I'm not saying I want any rules changes at all. That was (IMO) Bush's fault entirely, plain and simple. It seems these guys forget that when you turn the car, you scrub off speed. It's similar to what happened either last year or the one before where Vickers took out the front runners and won. All it took was for Johnson (the one Vickers was pushing) turned out of line to pass Jr. Once Vickers found out what was going on, he turned down to help Johnson, but since he had already scrubbed so much speed, Vickers ended up turning him into Jr., giving Vickers an easy as hell victory.

Usually in a situation like this though, once it's repeated a few times, NASCAR comes in and rearanges everything in the name of "safety."

With years of simulated experiance like this, I have to say, I would have done the same thing as Bush, then realized after viewing replays that I might have still gotten the win if I wouldn't have blocked a second time.

As for it being the spotter's fault, I don't think that's fair. It happened so fast that by the time Bush would fairly be expected to react to his spotter saying "Car high" or anything of the sort, would be watching all the cars infront of him as he was spinning... Also, when you're as excited as they must have been, it takes even more time for someone to register something like that.
NASCAR doesn't "allow" wrecking. At 200mph it is hard to put blame on a specific person (not talking any specific incident). With cars that are really heavy, and have low downforce for the speeds they are going, there are going to bring crashes whether fans want it or not.

Like BreadC said, Busch knows he will be in the Chase, so he has nothing to worry about in a race like this. He'll most likely win a race before the chase starts, and he'll most likely talk more trash as well.
To end up like that, he doesn't need to win a race! He started a massive crash and still ends up in 14th! That would be a dream for me.
If he was a bit brighter he would have stayed on the inside, and if Tony gets too close to his nose then "lean" onto his car to slow Tony down.

Doesn't matter to me, I'd rather see Busch crash, I just don't want him to be in the way of Kahne like he was.
Quote from Mustafur :damn hes going good.

Should of seen him squeeze through the big wreck on the back stretch, truely amazing.
I'm very impressed with Regan Smith. Rookie of the year with no DNFs and he STILL doesnt have any DNFs despite being with Furniture Row (a team known for equipment failures )
ambrose is doin gr8.

and now montoya has stepped up his game a bit too.. from bein lap down twice to a top 10.. hats off to him
Montoya is doing pretty good for Ganassi, just imagine how good he'd be running for one of the top teams. He'll get his oval win, maybe not this year but definitely by the end of next season.
ok plz americans i been trying to search nascar sites n that about patrick..

is dale jr really setting up nationwide team and having her in it?
Quote from BreadC :ok plz americans i been trying to search nascar sites n that about patrick..

I've heard about this ridiculous rumor as well. It is probably due to her and the other JR car (Brad) being sponsored by godaddy.com...

Who knows, Jr is normally pretty bright with what he does as an owner, so hopefully he doesn't fall into this sponsorship deal.
Quote from PMD9409 :If he was a bit brighter he would have stayed on the inside, and if Tony gets too close to his nose then "lean" onto his car to slow Tony down.

Doesn't matter to me, I'd rather see Busch crash, I just don't want him to be in the way of Kahne like he was.

Indeed, but at a moment like that, who would actually think of that first? I'd have "Holy crap, gotta keep em all behind me!" on my mind...
Quote from rsnake53 :Indeed, but at a moment like that, who would actually think of that first? I'd have "Holy crap, gotta keep em all behind me!" on my mind...

Well, that's what I thought he was going to do, but then he wrecked himself and I was like "WTF".
Quote from BreadC :ok plz americans i been trying to search nascar sites n that about patrick..

Danica is using every opportunity for rumors to get herself a better Indycar deal. The only place she will go if she doesn't stay in Indycar is F1, and she won't make that.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG