The online racing simulator
Does it work when you set up non-dedicated server?
Hi,
Hamachi dont work with LFS and Internet IP ranges won't work in LAN mode.
Local internet = 192.168.*.*.
Quote from krisis32 :if i run a server from game it works.. if i run a dedi.. it wont work..

Can you post you dedi server config so we can check what is wrong with it?
Hello. I have a question. How can I make two servers running on one PC with the dedicadet host. A have drift server for demo and i want to make another one but dont have a clue how. Please if anyone know share it with me.
Start it twice, different port, forward them both on your router.

LFS.exe /cfg=setupserver1.cfg
LFS.exe /cfg=setupserver2.cfg
-
(Sir moi 407) DELETED by Sir moi 407 : Found the answer in google, my bad!
Can you play from the same computer that you create a dedicated server on? Just curious. Thanks.
Quote from topslop1 :Can you play from the same computer that you create a dedicated server on? Just curious. Thanks.

Yes you can.
If you're connected to the internet through a router, make sure NAS loopback is enabled, otherwise you cannot connect to your server from the serverlist.
Alternatively connect via "Join specific host", "Local network" where you enter either the loopback address (127.0.0.1) if the dedi is running on the same machine, or the LAN address of the machine it is running on.
Okay, I have a dedicated server up and I can join it but when I try to join with my driver profile it says no drivers on the bottom right and will not let me join to race. If I set up an AI driver it will just have that driver drive in my place and tell me that I can not connect more than one person. However, again with my regular profile it won't let me.
Adding over 3 AI's Problem
Hi All..

First I am new to the Forum... Have has LFS a couple months ...

Here is my problem I have a dedicated Server... Limited to 2 Guest..
Connecting and playing is not the issue...

I can not get above 3 AI's per Guest...
Here is my Configuration .....
======================================
/host=MrED
/pass=XXXXX
//---------------------
/dedicated=nogfx
/usemaster=hidden
/Welcome=welcome.txt
//-------------------
/mode=S1
/maxguests=2
/carshost=0
/carsmax=14
/carsguest=7
/pps=4
/wind=0
//-------------------
/laps=5
/select=yes
/canreset=yes
//---------------------
/autosave=2

=====================================
When I try to run this I am getting "carsguest out of limits"

This is all in a effort to have my AI's train other AI's..
Wiki tells about AI training ....
So looking for a way to add 5 or more AI's per Guest...
--------------------------------------------------
Upload Speed: 628 kbps (78.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
-------------------------------------------------
Because -
1. Thats an example using a router running DD-WRT. You'll need to look at your own router's documentation, or possibly check portforward.com for whatever hardware and firmware you're using.
2. The "Applications and Gaming" is in the router interface, not in the command prompt window.
#538 - EMS
Drift servers
i saw this server where when you join the game you automaticly go in to spectator mode,just like every server but a thing poped on my screen like some rules and it told me if i want to disagree ar agree and hosw do you do that?

also a the bottom the screen it said

angle 0
drift 0
total points 908

and that was like a drift counter,how do you get that too?
Quote from EMS :i saw this server where when you join the game you automaticly go in to spectator mode,just like every server but a thing poped on my screen like some rules and it told me if i want to disagree ar agree and hosw do you do that?

also a the bottom the screen it said

angle 0
drift 0
total points 908

and that was like a drift counter,how do you get that too?

that would be LFS Lapper/any other insim http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=262
#540 - EMS
What and how
What are insims and generaly where do you get them from?
InSim is the protocol for communicating with LFS.

A program can use InSim to do stuff that LFS doesn't do natively.

There are a few programs available (see the unofficial addons section), such as LFSLapper and Airio which are general tools and can do multiple things. Other than that the programs are written by various people for their own usage and aren't always distributed.

If you want to write your own more information is available under the LFS Programmers forum, where a number of libraries are made available to help with working with InSim, and docs\InSim.txt of your LFS install.
#542 - EMS
insimm
where do you get the fox power ranking system in sim form?
Can't get the Admin password work. Why? Everything is okay, and when i try to log in it says "You do not have Admin rights"
Make sure that your admin line only has one / - two means it's commented out. Also make sure that you restart your LFS server if you've changed your admin password in the cfg file directly.
Hi Angry Angel, maybe you could help me, please:
I have router, and i open ports, my server is visible on lfs world and online, but no one, even me can't connect to it. I opened ports 63392, and then i tried with 29999, but still no result. If I write my IP manually in servers setup it gets even worse, then it says something about TCP socket doesn't work.
Please help me.
On a windows xp machine, would there be a possibility to start the dedicated server... hidden? And when i say hidden, i mean the LFS Dedi window to be hidden, minimised as a small icon in the tray or, not visible at all.

Or at least in the taskbar?

Would there be a special suffix/parameter which needs to be written after lfs.exe is launched?

many thanks in advance
Start it with
/dedicated=invisible

in your setup.cfg
I have the same problem with ClientConnect: connect failed. And this only happens on my laptop. Everybody else can connect without problems.
I have opened all ports, checked every setting and I don't know what to do now. Help would be appreciated!

Many thanks, [RBD]Hisu
LFS dedicated server on Openbsd 4.0
Hi. i got a machine running Openbsd 4.0 as firewall

I tryed installing lfs on it and wine too.

the only wine in a package is a version from 99 and i cant get it to work. Does someone know if that should work?

I tryed my config on a windows machine and it works great, but it seems that it wont work with my openbsd with wine.

Someone with a good idea or help would be very appreciated.
Well, I think it should work. Also with version 0.99.

'It wont work' is pretty vague.

Unix based systems generally come up with an error message.

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG