The online racing simulator
F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :I think the plan is for the FIA accountants to then look into the accounts of the supplier (but presumably only the ones that seem 'dodgy', otherwise they'd eventually have to look at an infinite amount of data) to see if it's been costed properly, and so on and so on.

why should the fia be allowed to look at the accounts of the company that isnt contracted with fia/fom? they have no right.
They do if the contracts of supplying to F1 include terms allowing FIA confidential inspection.
I can see there being a scandal similar to the 'MP expenses claims' scandal in F1 somewhere down the line.
Quote from 5haz :I can see there being a scandal similar to the 'MP expenses claims' scandal in F1 somewhere down the line.

think of the size of duck island mclaren could put in the lake at their HQ or is that a moat?

it'll be interesting how people make sure the costs are allocated properly, both ferrari and mclaren have road car operations that use the same facilities to some extent.
Quote from tristancliffe :They do if the contracts of supplying to F1 include terms allowing FIA confidential inspection.

i will try to explain example of what i think could happen...

i am an independant company here and i manufacturer wing mirrors. i developed a new wing mirror which the wind just blows through which doesnt disrupt the airflow and creates 0 drag. i went to an f1 team saying i developed this and do u wanna buy it from me box of 20 for 7,000 euro. but to manufacturer them costs say 1,000 euro each. does the fia have the right to ask for my accounts even though im independant and nothing to do with f1? they dont know how much it cost to manufacturer a wingmirror and why should i tell them? im not legally bound
But when you sign the big bit of paper entitled "Contract to Supply Super-Mirror to Formula One Team", and at the bottom of the page, in small, grey characters it says "I agree to allowing the FIA to inspect my accounts over and above the public domain accounts info. All data collated, analysed or otherwise will remain confidential unless requested by law to be disclosed in court" you become bound.

Can you tell I ain't no lawyer!
Hence why people often say don't sign on the dotted line.

This is getting stupid now, it feels like the whole budget cap thing has gone beyond wanting to ensure the survival of F1, just Max trying to prove his authority.
but im jus some dumb noob...

im sure proper lawyers etc who get paid like millions can figure something more corrupt or legal ways around it :P
Unless the lawyer fees are part of the budget cap, in which case they won't be able to afford huge teams of them

Oh, and I'm not a fan of the budget cap idea. If the sponsors are happy to give the teams that much money then they should be allowed to spend it. New teams just have to convince the sponsors...
Quote from tristancliffe :Unless the lawyer fees are part of the budget cap, in which case they won't be able to afford huge teams of them

Oh, and I'm not a fan of the budget cap idea. If the sponsors are happy to give the teams that much money then they should be allowed to spend it. New teams just have to convince the sponsors...

lol... funny you think sponsors are still willing to come up with in excess of 400 million euro's to fund a team.
The 400 million is almost entirely paid by the manufacturers themselves. Which inevitably leaves the FIA in a very dangerous position (which is exactly why they started the budgetcap deal). The manufacturers throw huge amounts of money at the team but are not accountable for any contract the team has. This means they can decide to quit F1 on a race by race basis. If the manufacturer backs out, there is no way for the team to continue racing, and no way for the FIA to get their guaranteed fee for breach of contract. There is also no way for a new team to fill the gap as no amount of sponsors will give you enough money to compete on this level. Which means the F1 as a series is in serious danger of running out of competitors. FOTA, in all their wisdom, choose to deny this fact stating that there are plenty of teams and there is no urgent need to accomodate new teams, while simultaneously holding off on signing any kind of agreement that would commit them to stay in F1 until at least dec 31st of 2012.

The solution to this mess was really simple. Either play by the rules which all the teams (except Ferrari, in part) accepted last year, which included a budgetcap. Or sign a contract, as manufacturer, to commit yourself to F1 for another 3 seasons, and be done with the budgetcap until then. The manufacturers and teams chose the first option themselves, and are now trying to fight that decision.
The FIA will assume the cost of parts based on some probably very accurate estimates.

Note that Massa has fallen from the board, Kimi doesn't seem to give a shit, Fisichella is tired as hell, Barricehello ...?. But where are the Toyotas, Heikki and Buemi?
I think Barrichello has been crying Great picture
lol ahaha
Quote from hyntty :Note that Massa has fallen from the board, Kimi doesn't seem to give a shit, Fisichella is tired as hell, Barricehello ...?. But where are the Toyotas, Heikki and Buemi?

sadly he doesnt change the eyes for each picture so they have been looking the same ever since he first drew the 09 pics

so thats kimi not giving a shit in general
giancarlo having given up on his career at force india http://mantovani.zip.net/images/F1_2009_force_india.jpg
and rubens being undead http://mantovani.zip.net/images/barrichello_2009.jpg
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Good to see Cosworth getting back into it.

Happy days.

now all we need are turbo charged engines, v10's, active suspension, wider slicks, 2m wide cars, ground effect aerodynamics and CVT gearboxes...

Should make it interesting
Are you seriously expecting those things? Turbo charging is obvious though (after 2012)
Not seriously no.. but it would be interesting.

I thought F1 was about cutting edge tech and pushing the limits... not slowing them down farking FIA

F1 teams Submit entries for 2010
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG