The online racing simulator
can fat ppl fit in these things?
Quote from BreadC :can fat ppl fit in these things?

Of course Mark, we had plenty of 20 stoners in them last year
Quote from mcgas001 :Wait..so how much do I need to give you on the 26th and how much on the day? (for karting btw, ignore drink etc etc..)

I need £10 ASAP (26th) and the £30 before the 19th July, the £15 on the 25th July.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Of course Mark, we had plenty of 20 stoners in them last year

Oi I'll have you know I was only 17 and a half stone last year......

...the optimum word being was
Quote from jasonmatthews :Of course Mark, we had plenty of 20 stoners in them last year

hmm could be tempting... easy route for me.. i jus gotta blast down the M4 for 2+ hours lol
#232 - Dru
Quote from BreadC :hmm could be tempting... easy route for me.. i jus gotta blast down the M4 for 2+ hours lol

Just watch all those average 50 mph safety cars on the way down buddy
hmm the ones by me dont work anymore... they put black bags over them and theres sign saying not in use.. i hope theyre all like that :P

plus i got 6cd changer with all HARDCORE musik xD
Quote from BreadC :hmm the ones by me dont work anymore... they put black bags over them and theres sign saying not in use.. i hope theyre all like that :P

plus i got 6cd changer with all HARDCORE musik xD

Hardcore eh, i take it you mean Happy Hardcore.
Hardcore != music
Right,

I've been looking up flight prices and unfortunately going to either Bristol or Cordiff is absolutely out of the question. The cheapest round trip is $400.

Flying from Gothenburg to Stansted seems to be a much better alternative, but then I'd obviously have to travel to Abergavenny by train. The train tickets aren't unreasonably pricey (~35) but the departure and arrival times appear to be tricky to match with the event and the flights. At least from/to Abergavenny.

I'm going look further into the alternatives. But before I do, I'm curious: Is anyone going to go past/near Stansted/London by any chance?
I'm sure someone is coming from that way, but if not and it is easier to get a train direct to cardiff, we can pick you up from there.
I will be travelling in that general direction, but i may have my new car by then, which only has 2 seats, and as im bringing becky, i sadly may not be able to help.
Quote from BreadC :hmm could be tempting... easy route for me.. i jus gotta blast down the M4 for 2+ hours lol

Where abouts are you coming from then dude? I'm virtually the same route, Coming from slough (Junction 4 I belive) all the way to wales...
<--- id be coming from 6 :o if i came
Quote from BreadC :<--- id be coming from 6 :o if i came

6? Thats slough...someone local I see...
Ok I have booked my tickets down to Abergavenny, only going to be a 9 & 1/2 hour journey changing at Edinburgh and Crewe, any one else going by train, look out for a grumpy short Scottish guy and the chances are it's me.
Ok i can confirm i CANT come this year But for next year i will be organizing a SPAIN meet , see how well this goes
is 30 still the max number of karters?
30 is the max because there are 10 karts on track at the same time, 3 drivers per 'team'/Kart. Otherwise there will be less time on track for each driver

BUT, some people are dropping out, so places may still be available

Jason ([SR] Turkey) will no doubt be responding to this post soon, he has a better idea if places are available

Watch this space
Sorry for the late reply ant. The total number is based on, like Mark said, 10 cars on track, so teams of 3. If anyone drops out, then of course that would change things. I will only know in the next few weeks when I ask for the full amount of money, which I need to start taking now...

How many people were you thinking of?

We could possible have a few more, but it would mean splitting some teams into 4...
Ok everyone, just to let you all know, everything is booked, the deposit has been paid and it is now time to start getting organised...

If you can, bring with you the following items...

1. Towel & Toiletries
2. A sleeping bag (if you really can't bring one, I have some spare)
3. Soft shoes for racing in
4. A little spending money, £20 should be plenty
5. An airbed if possible

Also if you have a tent, then please bring it if you can.

I also need to start collecting the rest of the money, as I have to pay the kart centre 7 days before the event, and it takes 3-4 days to clear, so I realistically need all the money in by the 11th July. The money needed is £45 if you have paid your deposit, so £55 in total. This consists of £40 for the karting and £15 for the beer and food on the saturday night.

IMPORTANT!!!

Make sure you send any money via paypal as a gift, as I have lost out loads of money already with people sending normally, which I get charged by paypal for

------------
As far as I know, everyone is staying at my house for the whole weekend and are arriving on friday and leaving on sunday, so could you all please pm me where you are coming from and what time you are leaving your place and expect to arrive at where you need picking up from. Hopefully we can sort out an efficient way for everyone to get to mine with the least amount of time & money spent

Plan

Friday - Pick everyone up, eat take out, sleep at a decent hour....

Saturday
09:00 - go for brekkie local cafe
09:45 - leave for kart centre
10:15-17:00 - RACE!!
17:00 - leave kart centre
17:50 - get drunk, have bbq, PARTY!!
the rest? who cares

Any questions, now is the time to ask
Well i've booked the Friday and Monday off work, but my arrival and departure is down to my cheauffer, danthebangerman

I think Felplacerad is still looking for a lift from Stansted, is anyone coming by that way?

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG