The online racing simulator
no thats the press the shutter and it waits 2/20 secs before taking the pic , to do time lapse( what you were talking about) you normally need to uses ateathered system, the canon one for example has a time plase system.

as for the remotes does anyone know if the cable release that fits the 450d has a lock?
Quote from JO53PHS :I just wanted to ask if I have got something right here:

I assume that the emboldened part means that it can be set to take a picture every 10 or 2 seconds, of it's own accord ?

Or is that totally wrong?

Thats how you should make long-exposure shots, when the cam is on a tripod.
you set it to 2 seconds, set your shutter to e.g 8 seconds, press the trigger, let go of the camera, and the shutter opens in 2 seconds.

same with the 10s one.
ofail
Picked up today at an estate sale:

Yashica TL Electro X
Yashinon Tomioka 60mm f/2.8 Macro
Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 (by Komine)

Total: $45

dwb buys more camera gear, what a suprise lol
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Picked up today at an estate sale:

Yashica TL Electro X
Yashinon Tomioka 60mm f/2.8 Macro
Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 (by Komine)

Total: $45

Sweet score. I never find anything good at estate sales.

Though I did snag one of those lenses for $40 shipped two days after the other one ended.
Quote from MattxMosh :Sweet score. I never find anything good at estate sales.

Though I did snag one of those lenses for $40 shipped two days after the other one ended.

Awesome. You mean the Series 1 70-210? Was it the v3?
A couple quick shots with the 60mm on the K100D (only applied CS3 Auto Contrast):

I like it!
Very nice DoN . I wish i had unlimited exposure , 4 seconds really isn't enough.

DWB i love the fence photo I love wood as a texture.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Awesome. You mean the Series 1 70-210? Was it the v3?

Sure was, had a buy it now and happened to catch it what seems like the minute it was up.

The backgrounds on those macros are sweet too!
Hi all..

Largely inspired by the pics I'd seen posted here and wanting to take better photos than I had been.. I decided it was time to put the Canon Powershot A400 to one side and buy a dSLR camera. I have everything to learn still as this is my first non "point-n-shoot" camera, but it'll be an enjoyable journey.

Here's a few pics that have been taken over the past few days before the weather turned crappy. Although the 2nd image is a bit dark (under exposed?).. for some reason, I'm quite liking the "effect"

As said, I have everything to learn, but C&C more than welcome

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
20090531-DSC_0013.jpg
20090531-DSC_0034.jpg
20090531-DSC_0048.jpg
20090604-DSC_0086.jpg
20090604-DSC_0107.jpg
20090604-DSC_0120.jpg
20090604-DSC_0126.jpg
20090604-DSC_0133.jpg
20090604-DSC_0136.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
Quote from Ian.H :Here's a few pics that have been taken over the past few days before the weather turned crappy. Although the 2nd image is a bit dark (under exposed?).. for some reason, I'm quite liking the "effect"

Yep, the overall scene is underexposed as the camera tried to keep the sky from burning out. Spot and center-weighted metering gives practically the same results on every camera (size of the metering points of course matters) but without going into details the matrix metering on modern DSLRs tend to be tuned differently between manufacturers. Some manufacturers or models between pro and consumer may expose quite differently in difficult scenarios as they either throw the shadows or highlights to trash when trying to find the optimal exposure. Most of them are however are consistent so just keep on taking pictures and take mental notes - analyze the scene and try to imagine where the histogram bumps will fall before pushing the shutter release and then check your prediction.

Blaablaablaa in summary. Remember to have fun!

By the way the focus was way off in the black mini picture. You should have focused on the lady's trunk.
Fuji autofocus system is actually rubbish. tripod, 2 second delay so no vibrations from me, and perfec focus on a leaf with no wind at all. and it's out of focus!!! Manual focus is fiddly and insanely slow. takes over 20 seconds to not even focus to differently and i cant seem to speed this up. Any help is appreciated. Short of a new camera.
Camera is "Fuji FinePix S8000fd".

Lovely pictures don.
Quote from rich uk :Fuji autofocus system is actually rubbish. tripod, 2 second delay so no vibrations from me, and perfec focus on a leaf with no wind at all. and it's out of focus!!! Manual focus is fiddly and insanely slow. takes over 20 seconds to not even focus to differently and i cant seem to speed this up. Any help is appreciated. Short of a new camera.

Lovely pictures don.

When I was in school they had similar Fujis around and the AF was dreadful compared to D70 back then in the days. They were probably (can't remember correctly) contrast detection based systems thus very slow. Contrast detection should be accurate though (if there's enough light) but if you had a short DOF and the leaf moved for a millimeter or two when your shutter delay was ticking it could look out of focus.

Or your shutter speed was too low?

You can assist the AF by pointing the subject with a flashlight beam giving the AF sensor more data to work on.
Sorry for the huge post. Here is some rubbish from about 1100 shots in which about 1/4 were usable. Pictures taken yesterday in the freezing Finnish summer.

Dirty dirty wheel.

Man screwing a turbo.

Paint on headlights, sounds promising...

Pattern tires?

Rallycross of course!

Looking good... but then

wheel trouble.

Minor damage.

Slippery beetle.

Triple drift!
Quote from rich uk :Fuji autofocus system is actually rubbish. tripod, 2 second delay so no vibrations from me, and perfec focus on a leaf with no wind at all. and it's out of focus!!! Manual focus is fiddly and insanely slow. takes over 20 seconds to not even focus to differently and i cant seem to speed this up. Any help is appreciated. Short of a new camera.

Lovely pictures don.

I haven't had any trouble with my two Fuji digitals.

Though I've never used that model, it has quite the zoom for a point and shoot. Check some reviews on it and see if its your camera or it happens o other people.
Quote from Blackout :Sorry for the huge post. Here is some rubbish from about 1100 shots in which about 1/4 were usable. Pictures taken yesterday in the freezing Finnish summer.

All you need is some Don-esque PP!

(I'll pull these down immediately if you want.)
Quote from spankmeyer :All you need is some Don-esque PP!

(I'll pull these down immediately if you want.)

hey, use your own style
Quote from Don :hey, use your own style

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery! In my books you're the king of photography of stuff going fast.
Quote from spankmeyer :All you need is some Don-esque PP!

Hmm..yes, they do look a lot better and sexier. Although the Peugeot one feels a bit wrong because I think the gravel was gray not brown, but who would know of course, even I'm not sure how it was.
Hey I need some advice in buying new dslr camera. Price should be around ~600euros, I though of canon 450d. Any better suggestions?

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG