The online racing simulator
Get in the bag. Sure you will look like an idiot, but at least your gear doesn't get wet.

Or if you got a long lens hood, stick the plastic bag on it with some water from the sky. Worked for me.
Haven't posted any of mine for a while
Attached images
DSC_4893.jpg
DSC_4896.jpg
DSC_4835.jpg
DSC_4824.jpg
DSC_4814.jpg
DSC_4755.jpg
DSC_4673.jpg
DSC_4647.jpg
Quote from SamH :Haven't posted any of mine for a while

The one looking up the street is my favourite
Some very nice shots in there. The one with the wasp looking at the camera is great!
1-minute-photoshoot on a way from a business meeting to another, my co-worker and I spotted a small park to vandalize-- I mean to enjoy.

Not sure about dem colours so I might re-upload a better one later.

We don't care about colours, as long as you have more co-workers like her...
Quote from spankmeyer :1-minute-photoshoot on a way from a business meeting to another, my co-worker and I spotted a small park to vandalize-- I mean to enjoy.

Thats brilliant :eye-poppi I really cant find a bad thing to say about that.
More those thank you! and those co-workers..
Really nice, spanky. Really nice.

Sam, I really like the framing on most of those (particularly the one with the two towers--the noise/grain really works in its favor), but all of them except the leaf macro seem a little bit soft. Was this an artistic choice?
Quote from spankmeyer :Not sure about dem colours so I might re-upload a better one later.

Yeah, please
Quote from spankmeyer :1-minute-photoshoot on a way from a business meeting to another, my co-worker and I spotted a small park to vandalize-- I mean to enjoy.

Woooooooooooooooooow, this is ridiculously beautiful! :jawdrop:

And btw., some really top notch pics in here, respect you all!
Well, it caught me to post some sligthly car related stuff here. I started this not too far ago, so here are some impressions from the 24h race at the Nürburgring some weeks ago, apart from the last one which was a nice found deep in the German woods.
Attached images
IMG_6318_v2.jpg
IMG_6806.jpg
IMG_6858.jpg
IMG_7446.jpg
IMG_7499.jpg
IMG_2740.jpg
Quote from james12s :lol im just about to go out to this karting event im shooting this evening and its bit dreary and has been raining and drizzling on and off today so i hope it done rain too much becuse the 450d aint o ringed or anything. i cant even use the stick the camera in a plastic bag, cut a whole in it and elastic ban it to the end of the lens trick becasue my lens' front element rotates on focus, grr if only i had the money for a proper lens lol

Having had lots of experience in the rain at Knockhill etc, and though my 30/40D will probably stand up to more rain than the 450, you need to get a chamois (from Halfords, probably) to cover the camera and lens. Bigger lenses probably need a plastic cover. A big jacket also helps, so you can put your hand and camera inside
Quote from DeadWolfBones :all of them except the leaf macro seem a little bit soft. Was this an artistic choice?

The one with the boats on the lake is deliberate, but the others were (IIRC) just treated to the NeatImage noise reduction application. More than contributing anything, NeatImage seems to help with filesize reduction
Quote from jibber :We don't care about colours, as long as you have more co-workers like her...

Why don't you take Gitte for a walk? Oh wait, you don't have a wide angle lens..

Quote from Don :http://don.vn.cz/photos/mazda3night/

Amazing lighting Don! Did you use a camera mounted flash or umbrella?
Btw, exposures up to 200s? You must have alot of patience!
Nice photos DoN. I prefer working at night. sadly my camera only has 4 second exposure. but iso goes to 6400 :o Noise a'hoy!

Both these were shot at about 3am. was wierd to see blue sky, Never thaught of it being blue even at night
Attached images
2009_0412Wales0085.JPG
2009_0412Wales0267.JPG
Finally! After hundreds of photos from Don, I've finally caught him on a mistake! You have a pole growing out of the roof on the last shot

Awesome work on those Don. Did you have a flash unit inside the vehicle? I love how you can see the interior lit up on the headliner. Fantastic exposure work on the background and flash work on the car.
all was ok at the karting, few drops of ran but nothing i coul keep at bay by wiping my hand over the camera inbetween taking shots, ill post some of them once i sort through all 722 of them
Quote from (SaM) :Amazing lighting Don! Did you use a camera mounted flash or umbrella?
Btw, exposures up to 200s? You must have alot of patience!

No, I used a small LED flashlight and lit the car "manually". I tell you it was quite scary being alone in the fields in the middle of night and just waiting when somebody comes to kill you

Quote from mrodgers :Awesome work on those Don. Did you have a flash unit inside the vehicle? I love how you can see the interior lit up on the headliner. Fantastic exposure work on the background and flash work on the car.

No, the interior was lit by the light coming from radio + I lit it with the flashlight a bit.

@Rich^uk, the first photo i did was about 12 minutes long exposure and it turned out like a photo taken at sunset - even though it was taken in the middle of the night (attachment)
Attached images
mazda3night.jpg
wow that looks great, what camera do you use? has it got a 12 min exposure setting or do you use BULB mode
Quote from james12s :wow that looks great, what camera do you use? has it got a 12 min exposure setting or do you use BULB mode

EOS 350D and i use BULB
wow holding the button for 12 mins lol, dont think i could do that, i find it hard enough for a minute on my 450d
Remote Control is your friend.

Long Exposures are awfully boring though.
You should be able to buy a remote release with a lock, James. Mine cost about £3
I just wanted to ask if I have got something right here:

Quote :
Drive Mode

Single-frame advance, Continuous advance, 10 seconds and 2 seconds Self-timer, Single-frame advance AE bracketing, Continuous-advance AE bracketing, White Balance Bracketing

I assume that the emboldened part means that it can be set to take a picture every 10 or 2 seconds, of it's own accord ?

Or is that totally wrong?

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG