The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :I would almost agree on that one. It is kind of depressing that once you start spinning you can just wait if you'll get spectated or if you'll escape that filter and will be able to continue.

But then we must see that races with 32 cars are no exception on that server and spectating fast every quickly spinning car has its obvious advantages. In the end, as you mentioned, it is admin decision, if this filter will run and under what setting.

I might just call to Failure's attention that this filter may have different setting on every track (or car, or both). Very usable in SO track with narrow path, not so much on WE and elsewhere with wide escape zones and barriers far away.

Indeed. I see why they use it on the oval [and agree with it], but putting a wheel on the grass and getting specced for spinning at Aston is very annoying.
Quote from J@tko :Indeed. I see why they use it on the oval [and agree with it], but putting a wheel on the grass and getting specced for spinning at Aston is very annoying.

OK, I'll mention to Fail the option to have the spinning filter running only on SO tracks and nowhere else (or as he sees fit). After all, it is a matter of one minute config update, all done live on running server.
Hmm... EQ Worry is too busy to post that he has finished Airio 2.2.5, is working on 2.2.6 and also has updated the language files...

Nice!! Go on EQ

Btw... The Airio server list in www.airio.eu does not show special characters... is it possible to do? Our Server does not look very nice

Well never mind... PHP limitation I guess...

But another suggestion... It would be nice to implement the option of a rolling start, if you find some time... You could specify a speed all cars have to stay at and you might spec racers that overtook and do not get back to their place in a given time... - just if you are bored...
Quote from Crady :Hmm... EQ Worry is too busy to post that he has finished Airio 2.2.5, is working on 2.2.6 and also has updated the language files...

Well, yes, that's true, version 2.2.5 is available for several days now. Not as many interesting changes there though.

More important is the new available language pack. Thanks to other dedicated people there are now complete localized Airio 2.2.x user messages available in the following languages: CZ, RU, PL, SP, CA, GE, FI, SE. Also the following languages maybe updated/added soon: NL, HU, GR, EE, LT, PT. I've had reports about IT translation being prepared, but it never materialized so I do not know the stage of that localization.

What I miss most is the FR translation, which hits me as strange. I know the French are proud of their language, yet none was found so far to be willing to promote his language and servers using Airio.

To install the new languages just unzip the archive and copy all the MSG files into Airio folder. Type !rld if Airio is already running and check by pressing Shift+i the new definitions are loaded.

Quote from Crady :Btw... The Airio server list in www.airio.eu does not show special characters... is it possible to do? Our Server does not look very nice

What it does not show are Japanese/Korean/Chinese characters, other special characters used in European languages should be displayed correctly. Airio currently does not convert the above mentioned characters into their Unicode equivalent and back, it basically ignores them. Also note that having J/K/C characters on a Web page would require to have that language installed, for many people it would just generate unwelcome "language pack installation required" browser messages.

Quote from Crady :But another suggestion... It would be nice to implement the option of a rolling start, if you find some time... You could specify a speed all cars have to stay at and you might spec racers that overtook and do not get back to their place in a given time... - just if you are bored...

Yes, I've been thinking about this (just as about requiring cars to stop and give way if they're returning from pits and there's traffic), but these are not easy matters, they must cover many different situations, be easily configurable yet sufficiently flexible. But in time I'll surely try to get these things running, they could be good protection/nice addition things.

One last note: I'm leaving now for 2 weeks on a family holiday. I may occasionally see my mail, but I will not be able to solve troubles or respond promptly to any questions and other issues. So please bear with me for 2 weeks now, when I'm back I'll try to provide again all support I'm capable of.
hey eq, i was wondering if you could squeeze in a feature or two for me...

you know how the server rules appear the first time someone connects to the server? could that be configurable to appear every time? another thing i was thinking of was getting the shift+i menu to appear on first connect.

dunno, was just something i was thinking about yesterday.

cheers
Hi,

THX for the great insim

I have updated to version 2.20 this morning and I noted that the buttons for rules/FAQ/Notes in shift i were not working any more. also all the line that where split with ''+'' are not showing as lines any more but as one continuous line...

I have made no changes to the config other than update it.
Did I missed a change somewhere?
Hi Fram

For 2.2.0 you need to put the text for ruels, FAQ etc. in the Airio.cfg.txt file now.

And the "+"... Well you need either put "++" in a row or you write separated lines. First line starting with nothing, all others starting with one "+".

Btw...

I would ask Franky to upload to 2.2.5 since there are a lot of great changes and improvements so far...

http://www.airio.eu/Airio_CL.html
Quote from Crady :Hi Fram

For 2.2.0 you need to put the text for ruels, FAQ etc. in the Airio.cfg.txt file now.

And the "+"... Well you need either put "++" in a row or you write separated lines. First line starting with nothing, all others starting with one "+".

Btw...

I would ask Franky to upload to 2.2.5 since there are a lot of great changes and improvements so far...

http://www.airio.eu/Airio_CL.html

THX mate, this clears it up!
For the buttons in the shift i panel (server rules/FAG/server notes), must I understand they don't work and i have to configure a button by connection in config file?
I see you're keeping on top of things like always

@EQ Worry: I'm very busy now, but if I get some free time I will check the files and see if I can help you with the French version. Anyway I will check with you first if you had any luck before...no promises, only good intentions!
Keep up the good work!
Quote :For the buttons in the shift i panel (server rules/FAG/server notes), must I understand they don't work and i have to configure a button by connection in config file?

I the 500servers control panel click on the file explorer and edit this file. At the bottom of this file you find the texts for FAQ, Infos and rules.

But EQ Worry changed the whole config files so I would suggest to create a working config on you home computer and then upload it to 500Servers once you have finished.
TBH I have this same problem. I have the default text for faq's & notes and they are in my cfg file but don't show up when clicked in the shift-i menu...
You just need to read the airio.sta files from your website.
learn php, and make a script to parse the airio.sta.* files. there isn't much else to it.
Sorry guys, what was the fix for getting the buttons on the help panel for FAQ, rules and so on to work again? I'm on 500 servers, and I have noticed they have stopped working for some reason. It's version 2.2.0.
I wish I knew
I've set mine up as a demo for a while (mad I know) but without having the rules "a click away" I'm having to really button down Airio to keep control of races. Maybe 500 will upgrade to the latest version soon and perhaps that wil fix it.
Strange... worked for me, but I also did a complete new config since 2.2.0...

Last thing you could try is to copy all of your config files to you computer (as Backup) and upload the basic config files from the Airio 2.2.0 Archive:

http://www.airio.eu/files/Airio_220_Free.zip

You also should try to exchange the Airio.pdb file too (I hope you are allowed to) if you update! Perhaps Franky missed that at 500Servers

Try to create a working version on your homecomputer (You only need to adjust the Airio.con.1.txt with your server IP (not 127.0.0.1), Port and password. Once it works upload the config files to 500Servers.
Ok, new post for a different problem...

I am trying to display some server sats, PBs, Points etc. on my homepage.

Ok, I got Michele´s Airio PHP script to work. But Airio uploads the Stat files as ZIP to my FTP and I´m trying to find a working code to extract the ZIP file to get hand on the stat files since days...

Any one here to help me with a working code?

Another thing is this one:
Quote :
Live Stats

If you can create and define receiving script, Airio may send you each minute "live stats", current server(s) state. It is done using a Web request in this form:
http://www.server.eu/script.php?C1=10&P1=8&L1=1&K1=2&B1=0&T1=001&C2=3&P2=3&L2=0&K2=1&B2=0&T2=011
Here C represents number of connections, P is number of players (on track), L is number of limads and admins connected, K is number of kicks for the last minute, B is number of bans, and T is track number. These data are sent for each running server as denoted by numbers following the just described info. AirAttack uses a PHP script created by JoRuss to process the data, summarize them into a database and provide nice graphs for each day showing selectable parameters and averaging periods. It is very easy then to see general server load distribution or overnight activity. The script is not part of Airio, but you may ask about its availability.

I really would like to use it... but I am a PHP noob... Anyone here who already has a code to display live stats? I did not find anything about JoRuss to take a look at his script..
I'm probably going to do what crady suggested, but i don't want to do things twice so I have started a support ticket at 500servers to ask for full update of airio before i do.
Hi, there, this is just a quick drop from me before I'm again fully online:

@ bunder9999 : As far as I know there's no rules appearing only when someone connects first time. All connect items (big and smaller buttons) appear on every connect, if defined. Displaying Shif+i (preferences) menu by default on connet is a tricky matter. I had it implemented that way but it was causing too many connect failures. It is, after all, almost 100 buttons to be sent to a barely established connection. There could be a delay set, but I feel regular LFS people start to know the system and I'd really love to keep its default actions, that cannot be turned off, to a minimum.

@ Framaris : Having a FR version would be most cool. It is not an easy job though, with almost 500 messages (very short to rather long) to translate; my estimate is it may take up to 2 hours. Just download the latest language pack (for 2.2.x) and see the EN file to get better estimate.

# Rules, FAQ, Notes : In 2.1.7 there was a change in how these items are specified. No more external files (Airio.txt.rl.txt..) are used, the lines are put into Airio.cfg.txt file just like other items. Here I dare to quote from the changelog:

"Also the text lines from TXT.FQ, TXT.RL, and TXT.NT were moved into a new section of Airio.cfg.txt, with new items TextFAQs, TextNotes, and TextRules available. The old arrangement in NOT supported, the three formerly used TXT files are ignored. Any changes in FAQ/Notes/Rules buttons need to be updated by !rld, just like all other items."

So, if you had a text like this in Airio.txt.rl.txt file:

Here are the server rules:
Always observe the rules,
never use any cheats!

You would copy them into Airio.cfg.txt file and add appropriate keys:

TextRules=Here are the server rules:
TextRules=Always observe the rules,
TextRules=never use any cheats!

Note there are no opening pluses (+). After updating save the CFG file, delete old RL, FQ, and NT files, type !rld and it should be functional. If not, it may be caused by another catch: If you still have files like Airio.cfg.tc.txt or Airio.cfg.nc.txt in Airio folder, the new merged Airio.cfg.txt will actually be ignored, the items just added never read! To solve the trouble I'd suggest you switch completely to the new file structure, 2 months old now, no more changes planned.

I'm very sorry, I know it is not pleasant to change the config files used, but as Airio was developing, people were losing their way among the various config files. With the current 3 main config files I believe a reasonable balance between the number of files and their size was achieved.

Basically, if you're doing updates from version 2.1.8 or below to the current version, I'd suggest you start with new default config files as they are offered in the downloaded archive, going through the items and copying there values from your old config files. All updates (such as in text items) are then guaranteed to function and further updates will be much easier, because they mean only copying a few lines/items, as they are mentioned in the changelog.

@ Crady : Sorry, I can't help you with unzipping, PHP is not my field. The same is true concerning the live stats. But I must say it is a useful feature, if supported by PHP knowledge. You may take a look in here about the data available: http://racingteam.aa24.net/stats/servers.php. You may also try contacting JoRuss, author of the script, using LFS Forum private message...
Quote from EQ Worry :@ bunder9999 : As far as I know there's no rules appearing only when someone connects first time. All connect items (big and smaller buttons) appear on every connect, if defined.

Displaying Shift+i (preferences) menu by default on connect is a tricky matter. I had it implemented that way but it was causing too many connect failures. It is, after all, almost 100 buttons to be sent to a barely established connection. There could be a delay set, but I feel regular LFS people start to know the system and I'd really love to keep its default actions, that cannot be turned off, to a minimum.

i was referring to TextRules... the only time i've seen them was on first connect...

bummer about the shift+i menu, i guess we can't win them all.
Quote from EQ Worry :

"Also the text lines from TXT.FQ, TXT.RL, and TXT.NT were moved into a new section of Airio.cfg.txt, with new items TextFAQs, TextNotes, and TextRules available. The old arrangement in NOT supported, the three formerly used TXT files are ignored. Any changes in FAQ/Notes/Rules buttons need to be updated by !rld, just like all other items."

So, if you had a text like this in Airio.txt.rl.txt file:

Here are the server rules:
Always observe the rules,
never use any cheats!

You would copy them into Airio.cfg.txt file and add appropriate keys:

TextRules=Here are the server rules:
TextRules=Always observe the rules,
TextRules=never use any cheats!

Note there are no opening pluses (+). After updating save the CFG file, delete old RL, FQ, and NT files, type !rld and it should be functional. If not, it may be caused by another catch: If you still have files like Airio.cfg.tc.txt or Airio.cfg.nc.txt in Airio folder, the new merged Airio.cfg.txt will actually be ignored, the items just added never read! To solve the trouble I'd suggest you switch completely to the new file structure, 2 months old now, no more changes planned.

Thanks EQ I will have to give that a go. I didn't realise it had all changed. On 500 Servers you just press the button to do the upgrade to 2.2.0 but it seems that this was really not the best thing to do, because it has left all the old files in place and because of the structure changes it doesn't really work properly as it stands. We aren't doing any of the FTP uploads from the Airio zip archive ourselves and are relying on it all having been correctly organised when we pressed the upgrade button. So once you get to a point where you have pretty much nailed all the main features it may be worth calling it version 3 and asking everyone to do a complete reinstall so we are all on the same page.
Yeah I had an old nc config file in there. Strange that it stops the new airio.cfg file from working when it is not even in the structure
Sorted mine out now too. Rules/FAQ/notes now working. Similar problem, basically the server space was a big mess of outdated files. Some other aspects like PB time limit locks were not being picked up either because of old files or wrong files. However all now seems to be working, and crashers, cruisers, drifters, slowcoaches, drag racers etc. are being shown the door.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG