The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
Just an update on the Forza Motorsports 3 LE

The Forza 3 GameStop Exclusive Limited Edition comes with:
  • High Quality Key Chain
  • Custom Brushed Silver Forza 3 2GB USB Drive
  • Exclusive Forza 3 Premium NXE Theme
  • VIP Access to ForzaMotorSports.net that includes: 5 Premium Tuned Forza 3 Cars, Exclusive Tournaments, Naming Rights Exclusive to LE for 60 Days
Ashame its GameStop, but I guess it will come to Game or Gamestation..

A nice interview too,

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6 ... /?tag=top_stories;title;1
Quote from funRacer[83] :*snip*

I dont have a PS3. I played it at my brothers. Was using a G25 (everything was setup correctly before you say), with one of those gameseats (no idea what there called) and of course i had all the aids off. I still did not enjoy the physics side of the game. The cars feel numb, and dont seem to react how i would have expected them too. As for the gameplay, its ok and i like the menu's but i dont really care for that in a game. The content is nice, but the lack of any anti-aliasing really pains me and i HATE the sounds. Its down to opinion, but i enjoyed it for about 15-30 minutes, before i got bored and played something else. As i said, for a arcade game for younger kids and casual racers, its great. But for a guy like me who likes sim's (like many other people here), i think its terrible. The physics are very "uninteresting" and dont provide me with a smile like forza and LFS can. Plus, a game needing a "drift mode" is stupid. You should have to learn, and setup your car to drift like LFS and forza. Not have the game change the actual physics so you can do great drifts.

Quote from lukelfs :Just an update on the Forza Motorsports 3 LE

• High Quality Key Chain
  • VIP Access to ForzaMotorSports.net that includes: 5 Premium Tuned Forza 3 Cars, Exclusive Tournaments, Naming Rights Exclusive to LE for 60 Days

Sounds interesting. Im unsure whether i would go for that, or just the standard game though.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

Sounds interesting. Im unsure whether i would go for that, or just the standard game though.

In Forza there is an actual Drift mode, along with alot of others like Drag etc.

I dont think the physics are changed, just that it has scoring i think, since there is no info that they have changed for each mode .

I will proberly go for the Limited edition.. get some nice things

Edit- in the interview i posted it talks about the new tyre physics also, You can also export replays to .wmv , and that car models are x10 higher poly and x4 texture resolution than Forza 2
I know there is going to be a drift mode in forza 3, we will just have to wait and see whether the actual physics are changed. My point is that in Forza 2, LFS and many others, you dont need no mode to drift, you just make the car drift by driving it. There's no physics change necessary.

My guess is like what you said. I think drift mode will just add a scoring system, and maybe little things on the HUD like angle etc. Turn 10 are very careful about the physics in there game (if you read there blog, you can see how much attention to detail they go through) and i doubt they would go the same route as GT, changing the physics engine for drift mode as im pretty certain they would turn away alot of there fans, including me.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I know there is going to be a drift mode in forza 3, we will just have to wait and see whether the actual physics are changed. My point is that in Forza 2, LFS and many others, you dont need no mode to drift, you just make the car drift by driving it. There's no physics change necessary.

My guess is like what you said. I think drift mode will just add a scoring system, and maybe little things on the HUD like angle etc. Turn 10 are very careful about the physics in there game (if you read there blog, you can see how much attention to detail they go through) and i doubt they would go the same route as GT, changing the physics engine for drift mode as im pretty certain they would turn away alot of there fans, including me.

ahhh kk, Yeah i hope thats all they do , Really looking forward to it.. Canntt waiiitt
Im looking forward to it too.

Cant wait for the full car list to be realesed.
*wishes there will be at least ONE cosworth*
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I dont have a PS3. I played it at my brothers.

Was using a G25 (everything was setup correctly before you say), with one of those gameseats (no idea what there called) and of course i had all the aids off. I still did not enjoy the physics side of the game. The cars feel numb, and dont seem to react how i would have expected them too. As for the gameplay, its ok and i like the menu's but i dont really care for that in a game.

Seems like that is the problem you just didn´t really gave the game a chance, you need time to get into it when you do and drive with pro physics and not standard (that one is really different than professional) you can really have much fun driving the Ford GT LM over Fuji for example or some of the Ferraris over Suzuka. That is pure joy.

Quote :The content is nice, but the lack of any anti-aliasing really pains me and i HATE the sounds.

Well just like in forza there is anti aliasing in GT5prologue, but you still see some aliasing in both games so don´t try to tell me you haven´t seen aliasing in forza then my friend I have to tell you you are blind.

About the sound I understand if you say you didn´t like the braking sound (well not exactly the braking sound more the sound when the car starts loosing controll and the tyres are sliding) but other than that the GT 5 prologue sound was so much better then the Forza2 sound. That was really the biggest weakspot of Forza 2 it just didn´t feel like you are "in the car" it was really the worst sound I have ever heard in an simulation. How can you compare this to GT5 or any other racing game? :/

About the aliasing like you can see in the video I posted of FOrza 3 there will also still be aliasing in forza 3.

Quote : Its down to opinion, but i enjoyed it for about 15-30 minutes, before i got bored and played something else. As i said, for a arcade game for younger kids and casual racers, its great. But for a guy like me who likes sim's (like many other people here), i think its terrible.

LoL this is just a bad joke you sound like the Ms fanboys in some other forums its just not worth getting an answer.

Quote :The physics are very "uninteresting" and dont provide me with a smile like forza and LFS can. Plus, a game needing a "drift mode" is stupid. You should have to learn, and setup your car to drift like LFS and forza. Not have the game change the actual physics so you can do great drifts.

That is just bullshit again, the physics are great fun and I am a fan of Simulations other wise I wouldn´t play Live for Speed and driving all the great cars in GT5prologue with a wheel is great. They just got it right with the force feedbacks and wheel.

And there is absolutly no problem in getting an ready to go setup for your cars in the driftmode. In reality the real drift cars are also totaly different then the standard cars. But that isn´t even worth discussing.
Ok ok people, lets stop the Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsports
I agree, lets stop having this discussion here. Your more than welcome to continue this via PM, but there is no point in trying to prove otherwise to me. Im no MS fanboy, but i think the physics and sounds suck on GT. And about there being no anti aliasing in GT, do a google search. Plenty of people are complaining about it.
Heres a nice comparison of FM2 and FM3

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I agree, lets stop having this discussion here. Your more than welcome to continue this via PM, but there is no point in trying to prove otherwise to me. Im no MS fanboy, but i think the physics and sounds suck on GT. And about there being no anti aliasing in GT, do a google search. Plenty of people are complaining about it.

There is aliasing in GT5prologue but that doesn´t mean there is no anti aliasing in the game, do you really not understand that?

But the same is with Forza2 and 3 they use anti aliasing but there you still can see aliasing. That is just not that difficult to understand.

I don´t need to google for something like that lol seems just like you are not really informed on gt5 and the gfx settings of it.
Wow! When i first saw that pic on the site, i thought it did'nt look that much different to FM2. How wrong was i!

Hopefully, the wheels will have some more detail too, as there pretty basic models atm. More colour choices on the wheels would be nice too, like colour of the wheel rim, spokes etc.

@Fun racer. Im not going to discuss this anymore here. I personally see no or little anti aliasing in GT prologue. My TV is a 56 inch, and runs at 1080p HD resolution, amongst others. I have tryed it with other display settings, and none make no difference to the AA. I've also tryed it on freinds TV's, and my brothers. All are the same.

Quote from Gamespot Review :I have to say however, I'm a little confused about what exactly it is that makes the console the world's “most powerful” console. One could perhaps be so bold as to suggest that with the “world's most powerful console”, game producers could perhaps include such new and exciting features like… antialiasing (a technology that's been in use on the PC platform for the last decade or so). Surely this amazingly “powerful” console can easily deal with something as trivial as antialiasing.

Time Trial, with Ghost

This is where I get confused. There is no antialiasing on this title on the PS3. None. Zero. Zip. Why you might ask? Well, I'm asking too. Is it because PS3 game developers have never heard of antialiasing? Or are they just too lazy to include it?

Or, could it possibly be that this glorious console masterpiece simply doesn't have big enough... cells? Perhaps developers are counting on the fact that because console gamers have never had antialiasing in the past, they won’t notice that they still don’t have it now? Is this and the previously released PS3 titles setting a precedent for games to come? I sincerely hope not. No doubt we shall see in due course.

Now that I have that out of my system, I have to say, for the greater part this prologue plays beautifully. Except for the lack of AA

PS, im not just flaming GT for no AA. Alot of PS3 games have little or no AA.
i hope they fix some of the models like the R32 GTR because the front of that looked nothing like it does in real life, also hope there are some better rims this time, in forza 2 the rims look crappy and have bad offsets:P
Yeah, Hopefully they keep some of my fav cars in the game
I hope the images that you save from game are a good quality, since i have to resize mine to make them look good..

Just 2 pics of my civic
I love these rims

Attached images
Civic 1.jpg
civic 2.jpg
#90 - JJ72
no, no chance.
Quote from lukelfs :Heres a nice comparison of FM2 and FM3

And I also thought they looked the same.... I just realised there is a turn 10 badge on the FM3 screenshot!

nah, I'm j/k. the relections and brake light detail have gone up too!
@ Luke, about the image quality. I remember reading a thread on the forza forums. It was a thread for people to post pics from MidnightClub:LA. Apparently (and im kinda doubtful whether its true or not) but the quality of the shots depend on whether your using HD cable, and what your settings are at for example. People that were posting shots from a non HD TV had pretty poor quality shots, yet i saw some pics from Jibber (fellow LFS forum'er) and his shots looked amazing, and he said he was using a HD TV.

Forza does mess up some of the shots though. For some reason, they look very rough, almost like they got no AA. You have to resize them to make them smooth again.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ Luke, about the image quality. I remember reading a thread on the forza forums. It was a thread for people to post pics from MidnightClub:LA. Apparently (and im kinda doubtful whether its true or not) but the quality of the shots depend on whether your using HD cable, and what your settings are at for example. People that were posting shots from a non HD TV had pretty poor quality shots, yet i saw some pics from Jibber (fellow LFS forum'er) and his shots looked amazing, and he said he was using a HD TV.

Forza does mess up some of the shots though. For some reason, they look very rough, almost like they got no AA. You have to resize them to make them smooth again.

Mm well im using a 24" 1080p HDMI cable, so i guess i should be getting a good quality, but it looks like crap when i look at my saved images, the colour is naff and the edges suck, but atleast a bit of resizing helps
Quote from lukelfs :Just an update on the Forza Motorsports 3 LE

• High Quality Key Chain

A nice interview too,

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6 ... /?tag=top_stories;title;1

i.need.that.pack, anyone knows if gamestop does internet selling to finland? so i can pre order. i know there is gamestop store but its kinda far away from where i live so id like to order it more likely
Quote from lukelfs :Mm well im using a 24" 1080p HDMI cable, so i guess i should be getting a good quality, but it looks like crap when i look at my saved images, the colour is naff and the edges suck, but atleast a bit of resizing helps

Yes, well i also have to resize mine to make them smooth. I think its just a problem with the way it uploads the images to the homepage.
About the colours being naff, i dont get this unless you mean they look naff compared to your TV and PC monitor. Incase you dont know, if you hit RT when taking a shot, there's lot and lots of settings you can change. I usually put the brightness down a small bit, contrast up a little and then colour down a little.

Heres a pic of my civic without it being resized.
Clicky

As you can see, it looks as if it has no AA, but ingame it has plenty and everything is alot smoother.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Yes, well i also have to resize mine to make them smooth. I think its just a problem with the way it uploads the images to the homepage.
About the colours being naff, i dont get this unless you mean they look naff compared to your TV and PC monitor. Incase you dont know, if you hit RT when taking a shot, there's lot and lots of settings you can change. I usually put the brightness down a small bit, contrast up a little and then colour down a little.

Heres a pic of my civic without it being resized.
Clicky

As you can see, it looks as if it has no AA, but ingame it has plenty and everything is alot smoother.

Yeah thats what mine look like, I just think theres no colour in the image, Im using the same monitor for my xbox and PC, but yeah, ingame looks way better
Well, hopefully it will be sorted for forza 3. Maybe if it gave you an option of what size you wanted it uploaded at might work.

Its also down to preference. I dont like my shots to look colourful, i like them to be abit toned down. Makes them look more realistic imo.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

@Fun racer. Im not going to discuss this anymore here. I personally see no or little anti aliasing in GT prologue. My TV is a 56 inch, and runs at 1080p HD resolution, amongst others. I have tryed it with other display settings, and none make no difference to the AA. I've also tryed it on freinds TV's, and my brothers. All are the same.

you finally got it, there is anti aliasing but not always the same amount.

Forza 2 was always 8 cars: 1280x720 and I think 4xAA and only 30frames/sek

GT5Prologue is this with 16 cars:

always 60 frames/sek only in Replay they go back to 30fps. (but they raise aa too in replay so better quality)

1280x1080 and 2xAA
1280x720 and 4xAA

show room and the pit/garage is full 1920x1080 no AA

Could be you are just remebering the pit/garage menu thing and talk then about the racing..

Quote :PS, im not just flaming GT for no AA. Alot of PS3 games have little or no AA.

other games? We are talking here about GT5prologue and forza and you seem to had the whole time the sony versus microsoft thing in your mind?

Haha and you are telling me you are not a fanboy.. well seems you didn´t get it but you was infected by the fanboyvirus too like many other children.
Forza is 8xAA and runs at 60FPS (according to the devs blog) and it shows. The game is smooth and runs very nice. I will admit though that only 8 cars on the grid kinda sucks.

And no, im not just remembering the pit lane/garage. It was like this in gameplay. No matter what settings i chose, the game seemed to put out little or no AA. I dont care what specific settings it was putting out, but its just too rough. I like my graphics to be smooth.

As for me being a fanboy, im not. Im not going to lie, i do love the xbox and would prefer it over a PS3 anyday. I like the features, the avatars, the menus and the games. I've had a PS3 before and did enjoy playing Resistance (i had a couple more games but they were boring) but the PS3 just sat gathering dust, and did not get much use. So eventually i sold it and just use the xbox now. Im not up for discussing this anymore. This thread is about forza 3, and i have taken it off topic enough. If you want to carry on discussing this, then PM me.
In that video interview, gamespot i think, they said that there'll be SUV's. Were they joking? lol. If not, how awesome is that!! *thinks about things what to do on track with big SUV and a small Lotus*

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG