The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
This is the thing i've noticed of the two people i've asked for proof that kias are crap neither have replied.
It does'nt get there fast at all. Its just as slow as every other 1.4.
Suggesting a car like that to jack is pointless. He said he wants something with more pull, which a kia wouldn't give him. He said he wants comfort, which a kia wouldn't give him. Im also guessing he would want build quality better, or on par with his proton. Something a kia also wouldn't give him.
First of all, i doubt the performance is gonna be any better than jacks proton, although it will most likely have more torque. And that review is aload of bollocks.

"The truth is, it does understeer. But the front struts are so well located it does so in a nice, predicatable, exploitable way. The steering is excellent, as full of ‘feel’ as a Focus." :doh: I've driven both focus's, and kia rios. The rio is no where near as good to drive as the focus!

Oh, and i doubt Jack want's to spend this kind of money for a car which is hardly any different to his.

...and btw luke, im still wanting some proof on why you think a rio box is sporty.
If he wants pull, wouldn't he be better with some Diesel car, as a Diesel pulls better then a Petrol?

Jakg, just please don't get a Kia lol.

Luke, explain why you think Kia's are good cars.
A rio diesel may offer abit more torque and power (have'nt looked up the specs), but for the money you have to pay to get one, its not worth the small gain.

Im gonna go shopping. When i come back, i expect to hear a reason why you think a rio box is sporty luke! You pushed me and the other guy to get "proof" on why kia's are pieces of crap, so i want your reason why you think a rio box is sporty.
Quote :Kia Rio
Engine Data : 1.5L Diesel
Engine type : 4 cylinder CRDi
Capacity : 1,493
Max power (bhp) : 108.6 bhp @ 4000
Max torque (Nm) : 235 @ 2000
Max torque (lb/ft) : 173.3 @1900-2750
Fuel system : Common Rail
Compressor : Variable Geometric Turbocharger

Quote :2004 Proton Wira CE 1.5
Cylinders: 4
1.5 litre 1468 cc
Fuel system: MPFi
Maximum power : 88.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Maximum torque : 126.0 Nm / 93 ft·lb @ 3000 rpm
Compressor : N/A

Quite a big difference there. The rio seems to come out on top. And i ain't even sure that is the model Jack has got.
The Rio is also nicer to look at.

On the issue of the gearbox. It is set up to have good acceleration but also a good top speed. (For a sensible family car)
I *think* you've looked up the wrong proton. I still dont think at least £3-4k, justifies only a 70ft.lb of torque increase.

Luke, how come you think a rio box is sporty?

EDIT: Just noticed your edit. That does'nt mean its sporty. It has a crap, rubbery feel when changing and the ratios are messed up. High RPM at 70mph means you have to put up with that unrefined hunk of metal they call there diesel screaming its head off.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems to sporty for the one Jack has got. Jack can you please tell us what model of wira you have please?

Meh google failed me. I changed it to the wira now. There is a huge difference between the rio and the WIRA dam google i though i was looking up the wira but it changed it to waja.
He's got a wira 1.5 LXi.

Can we stop this discussion now?
Even though i dont know jack that well, i just know he would'nt go for a rio. I think he would also think its to expensive just for a little added performance.

I would go for something like a 1.6 or 1.8 E36 next year. The E36 318iS are pretty good movers.
I've got the Wira 1.5 - it's got a whole 84HP, lowish torque and gives 40-43 MPG.

It's got a top speed of over 109 MPH - all the specs i've seen on the internet are wrong.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :He's got a wira 1.5 LXi.

Can we stop this discussion now?
Even though i dont know jack that well, i just know he would'nt go for a rio. I think he would also think its to expensive just for a little added performance.

I would go for something like a 1.6 or 1.8 E36 next year. The E36 318iS are pretty good movers.

little gain?

It has almost twice as much torque. 20 BHP more, looks nicer and will get better mileage.

Edit: As a car what do you think of the rio Jack? Forget the fact it is a Kia when answering this.
First of all luke, you edited that post after i posted mine.
And yes, i still dont think over 3k justifys that much of an increase.

Quote from Luke.S :and has a turbo so he could show off and say his car has a turbo.

:doh: Idiot.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :First of all luke, you edited that post after i posted mine.
And yes, i still dont think over 3k justifys that much of an increase.

:doh: Idiot.

i only edited it cause you pointed out it was the wrong proton and google failed me.

And when he comes to sell it on again. Unless there is a new model out it won't lose that much of it's value. It as already lost most of what it is going to lose.
hmm, the 316i E36 I am looking at for my first car (£2k a yr on the insurance) has these specs:
Quote :BHP 102.0
Torque (lbs feet) 111.0
Maximum Speed 121
Acceleration (0-60) 12.7

But the Wira has these specs:

Quote :BHP 86.0
Torque (lbs feet) 91.0
Maximum Speed 107
Acceleration (0-60 )12.1

So the Wira must not be underpowered for what it is. The BMW E36 316i has more BHP and more Torque but it's 0-60 time is slower and the only advantage of the BMW over the Wira is that it can reach a higher top speed.
Yah, and i only just noticed. Even though he's getting an extra 30hp and 70-something ft.lb's of torque, i still dont think 3-4k of his hard earned cash is worth it. If he waited till he was 18-19, he could get something alot nicer, and more powerful for that money.

@sam. If that was directed at me, i said E36 318iS. The iS has more power than the normal i.
£3,000 that heap of shit!

EDIT - Sam ignore the specs on Parkers - apparently my car gets 35MPG, whereas i've got 43 out of it. It also only goes 107, whereas i've got a GPS readout of 109 with more to go etc... I think the specs are made up tbh.

A BMW will be 14 million times better than my car
I'm going to make do with the 316i BMW, that if I can get £2k together before my 17th so I can afford the insurance lol. Keep it for a couple of years and get a E30 325 if the insurance is cheap enough lol.

Jak, might aswell make do with the Proton for a bit

Edit:
Quote :A BMW will be 14 million times better than my car

Why not get the BMW then? You insurance is around the £2k mark, the same as the BMW.
Quote from Jakg :£3,000 that heap of shit!

EDIT - Sam ignore the specs on Parkers - apparently my car gets 35MPG, whereas i've got 43 out of it. It also only goes 107, whereas i've got a GPS readout of 109 with more to go etc... I think the specs are made up tbh.

A BMW will be 14 million times better than my car

All i can say is...

The rio is better than that heap of shit you drive now
Quote from Luke.S :All i can say is...

The rio is better than that heap of shit you drive now

All I can say is....

Kia's are a piece of crap and imo are aimed at the elderly market.

I would rather have the Wira over any Kia.
I'd happily take the proton over a kia rio.
The only reason you think kia rio's are so cool and awesome luke, is because your parents own one. And thats a fact! We've all done it. My dad used to own a Astra Estate 1.7 turbo diesel years and years ago. I used to think it was awesome. Then i soon realised it was a big chunk of crap.

Good work car though!
Quote from sam93 :All I can say is....

Kia's are a piece of crap and imo are aimed at the elderly market.

I would rather have the Wira over any Kia.

All i can say is...

You would rather given the choice of a Rio or a Wira go for the slower less powerful Wira. And there you are saying you like quick cars.

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG