The online racing simulator
It seems to me the ultimate cause of the crash is the end of the curb throwing you back into the other car. Had it not been there, both cars would have probably stayed very close one to another, but not made contact, assuming you would have had to step on the grass a bit

Nice driving, but I prefered mostly all the other tracks to this one, it just seems kind of boring; there's no notably height change, and the corners seem pretty dull :P Oulton and Cadwell seem much more interesting and fun to drive ^^
Cadwell is a great track. Oulton, whilst great, it a bitch to learn. Bumpy bits. Off camber bits. Dirty bits. Late extry/apexes, crests on entry/exit... I never found my sweet spot there. It's certainly a nice track, but until I've done several meetings there it won't be my favourite as it doesn't 'flow' for me yet.
Watching the vid again I can see that the curb which flung you into the path of the other car caused me a couple of problems at Snet as well. A couple of times I'd be going up the inside of someone there and they'd gradually tighten up on me, forcing me to run over the curb on the right and then that large bump at the end of it which, on every occasion, completely un-settled the car and lost me a bit of time. I made a mental note of trying to avoid using it after that as it was so viscous.
Quote from tristancliffe :Cadwell is a great track. Oulton, whilst great, it a bitch to learn. Bumpy bits. Off camber bits. Dirty bits. Late extry/apexes, crests on entry/exit... I never found my sweet spot there. It's certainly a nice track, but until I've done several meetings there it won't be my favourite as it doesn't 'flow' for me yet.

I love Oulton, in my opinion it's the best track in Britain.
You driven it? It's bloomin' hard!
It does look a bit tricky, I did a trackday/test in the wet there last year (it was like the 2nd time I'd ever hit the track so I was rather crap), Cascade seemed bloody tricky because it was all off camber, and also Deer Leap because it falls away on the exit (the badly set up car was stepping the back end out ever lap here).

I would say Anglesey is pretty damn tricky also, I've always been crap at that track, although that may be beacuse I've always raced it as the first race of the season.
Quote from tristancliffe :... I was there, and did my best to avoid an accident given the circumstances I found developing.
Rupert (the white car) was there, ...

Hehe.

Sorry, but it's funny that motorsport is still all about people with names like Tristan and Rupert.

Is there a Sid or a Stan in your competition?
Quote from tristancliffe :You driven it? It's bloomin' hard!

I don't think it's hard at all, Old Hall is a slight late apex corner, and island bend is a real late apexer, but you can stay in tight anyway. Druids is a bit of a trick one, as there is a few bumps and it's a known corner for catching people out, stay in tight and turn in just a bit late as you do with Old Hall, and it pulls you through the last corner Lodge can be difficult if you don't have a decent setup, and the rears can light up coming up Deerleep onto the pitstraight. The only thing that sucks are the chicanes everywhere, but when you think about a race in wet conditions, it's going to be the chicanes that save your life. Someone ploughing down to knickerbrooke at 120+ in any kind of car can be nasty! even on the current Island circuit layout!
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't think it's hard at all, Old Hall is a slight late apex corner, and island bend is a real late apexer, but you can stay in tight anyway. Druids is a bit of a trick one, as there is a few bumps and it's a known corner for catching people out, stay in tight and turn in just a bit late as you do with Old Hall, and it pulls you through the last corner Lodge can be difficult if you don't have a decent setup, and the rears can light up coming up Deerleep onto the pitstraight. The only thing that sucks are the chicanes everywhere, but when you think about a race in wet conditions, it's going to be the chicanes that save your life. Someone ploughing down to knickerbrooke at 120+ in any kind of car can be nasty! even on the current Island circuit layout!

Bit of a bump, but...
What do you race, btw? Sorry if it's obvious/been posted before! (Or simulated...)
Quote from Timdpr :Bit of a bump, but...
What do you race, btw? Sorry if it's obvious/been posted before! (Or simulated...)

A Reynard 883 but he's selling it
I thought he was asking Blueflame! (thread subscriptions FTW)
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Sorry, but it's funny that motorsport is still all about people with names like Tristan and Rupert.

Nah thats just stereotyping kev, you could just as easily find a Kevin, or a Jason competing in motorsport .
Bit of a bump, but...
What do you race, BlueFlame? Sorry if it's obvious/been posted before! (Or simulated...)

Just to clear things up...
Bit of a bump, but this seemed the most recent thread in which to put this little link:

http://vimeo.com/4862120

I hope you enjoy watching it, even if the first half is a bit dull! The thread title is now a bit wrong, as I didn't crash out of the lead this time.
Quote from tristancliffe :Bit of a bump, but this seemed the most recent thread in which to put this little link:

I hope you enjoy watching it, even if the first half is a bit dull! The thread title is now a bit wrong, as I didn't crash out of the lead this time.

Great close racing there!
The first overtake: nice and clean. Second attempt: quite hairy.. (is he really that bad on the brakes?! ).. Third attempt, awesome! Harrison's overtake the lap after: just as brave! Finally: nice and clean overtake!
All in all very entertaining to watch, and nice to see honest cheering over the finish.. congrats on your first win!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :Bit of a bump, but this seemed the most recent thread in which to put this little link:

is it the gearbox making that noise on 14min 50sec or is it your brakes?

Anyhow, nice race !!!! Nice to watch
Great video . Nice racing Tristan. Btw. Those formulas You are racing are similar to FOX in LFS? Just curious .

Edit. Nvm, got the specs .
Nice one!

So the sun does shine at Mallory every now and then.
Great stuff! Loved the second pass. Looks like brilliant fun, wish I had the money etc to do that.
Quote from Timdpr :Great stuff! Loved the second pass. Looks like brilliant fun, wish I had the money etc to do that.

Go out and get it then!
Wish there were racing tracks in Poland ...
Nice video.

The trackvision stuff is really nice. From the sound of it I would've guessed you weren't brave enough to stay on the throttle at Gerrards and were struggling with understeer, but seeing the throttle inputs it seems that the injection system just dried out and you tried to keep the car straight to counter the issue. Is the fuel pressure perhaps not able to cope with the lateral acceleration or did you find another cause?
Oh, and are you struggling with oil temperature? The readout went from 60°C to 120°C, which is a rather significant jump...

Nice pass at 10:40 .

Vain

Cliffe crashes out of the lead
(324 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG