The online racing simulator
Let's make LFS Manual better!
(116 posts, started )
Indeed. Just a normal map would be good. Although now would be a good time to officially add turn numbers to each circuit as well. Just a thought.
@TVE: Adding brake points and such would too specific for every car, so I leaved them out.

I added the pitlane and turn numbers. I need a good reference to go on with the other tracks.
You may hate me for this, but I guess we'd need reverse turn numbers as well. Maybe in a different colour?

Looking great though!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You may hate me for this, but I guess we'd need reverse turn numbers as well. Maybe in a different colour?

Looking great though!

I don't think so. Just count backwards

I've started updating the old S1 images to new ones too, there aren't many though
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I don't think so. Just count backwards

Well, if we're re-doing the manual, we might as well do it perfectly.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You may hate me for this, but I guess we'd need reverse turn numbers as well. Maybe in a different colour?

Looking great though!

And reverse splits.
TBH you're opening a whole new can of worms when you start adding corner numbers, as many people define them differently - for example the chicane can't just be called turn 2, as it blatantly isn't just one turn...
Quote from boothy :TBH you're opening a whole new can of worms when you start adding corner numbers, as many people define them differently - for example the chicane can't just be called turn 2, as it blatantly isn't just one turn...

Yes, but if we had one set of official corners, it would make life easier.
I just count chicanes as one corner - and it's also just for official purposes. Just call it "chicane" Instead of turn 2 or 2/3/4 or whatever. One problem could be the SO double chicane...

I don't think that reverse turns/splits are that necessary, as they stay the same. But I'm thinking about it.
We can count splits as sections and turns as subsections. IMO a group of turns such as a S bend or a chicane should be considered as one subsection.
Another little test - this time on BL2...

Split 1 is the same on both directions.
Better with just the one set of numbers IMO. It is a HUGE improvement on what used to be there however, well done
IMO the picture is a bit overloaded now, just leave the numbers for the standard direction and we'll just have to use a bit of logic to figure out the numbers for reverse.
On second thought, it will look overloaded only on small tracks, on Westhill for example it should look good and professional.
So this one?

And a simple formula for those who don't want to count:
Reverse turn = (Number of turns-1) minus regular turn.
You're doing a great job khoianh94
I would love to see some track maps like yours in LFS, and not just in the manual. They look stunning!
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I would love to see some track maps like yours in LFS, and not just in the manual. They look stunning!

agreed they look very professional
good job khoianh94!
I just made the SO configs and will upload them now. Unfortunately the trackmap template is a bit confusing so there is an ew one which supports resizing images.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Tracks:South_City
Oh man, thatas really nice. im updating the spanish SO page
No it doesnt, its just because the MRT is the first car on the page. If you scroll like 1cm you will see the BF1 title.
Quote from danthebangerboy :No it doesnt, its just because the MRT is the first car on the page. If you scroll like 1cm you will see the BF1 title.

He was right, there was a wrong anchor link after #. It's fixed now
was tricky to me to understand how the Templates work, but finally, the spanish section is translated
Quote from Whiskey :was tricky to me to understand how the Templates work, but finally, the spanish section is translated

Very good.

Would it make sense to edit the car groups on German LFS manual a bit and put the MRT to the Formulas (to become a S-S group), the UF1 to the XFG and XRG (STD cars), the LX4 to the LRFs and merge the two GTR classes?

Let's make LFS Manual better!
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG