The online racing simulator
Let's make LFS Manual better!
(116 posts, started )
Please remember if you translate a page, then add at the bottom of the page, for example the Spanish page for tracks: [[es:Circuitos]] - which will add a link to the left hand side of the page
And please, if you make a new version af an image, please follow this link ... click on List of uploaded files (at Upload file page) and then search for the old image that you wnat to update) and then click on desc and then on Upload a new version of this file.

This will avoid the fact that the new images wont be visible in all languages.
Quote from Flame CZE :And please, if you make a new version af an image, please follow this link ... click on List of uploaded files (at Upload file page) and then search for the old image that you wnat to update) and then click on desc and then on Upload a new version of this file.

This will avoid the fact that the new images wont be visible in all languages.

The files I uploaded are .jpgs while the old were .pngs because the rescaled thumbnails didn't look good. And the fact that the picture is showed smaller than normal (300 instead of 1000px) the templates had to be edited anyway. When there is an update, I will update the existing file of course.

BL1.jpg and BL2.jpg uploaded and added to the English and German version.
I meant mainly the ingame screenshots updates.
Just changed the length of the Blackwood GP Track. Since the update in patch Y it´s 3.3 km instead of 3.4 km long. Atleast that what it says ingame.
I'm in the process of updating the pictures for the 'Views' section
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Yes, but if we had one set of official corners, it would make life easier.

There you have it: We need names for the corners! What about a "Scavier-S", or corners named after WR holders?

Btw., good ideas with the maps to see here, but I would completely pass corner numbers. Leave it at the splits so the maps are clear, no more is needed.
Great job with those track maps! I agree that it's better just to have the normal direction turn numbers. I didn't realise how messy it would get

Oh and by the way, how exactly does one add images to a page?

EDIT: Yeah, I think I've got it now.
Love those maps, great job khoianh
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm in the process of updating the pictures for the 'Views' section

Please, if you make an update to an image, use the image updating process as I wrote before.

And download fresh Z installation and use default settings.
Sorry - I didn't see that before.

I'll change them now
The thumbnails of my new images on the French manual are squashed to fit a 4:3 box, but on the English manual they are the correct aspect ratio in the thumbnail
Quote from hyntty :... but the descriptions below the pics are the wrong way round. You've described them according to the reversed configs.

I only found an error on the SO6 desription where the reverse was described. The others are alright.

The road tracks of Fern Bay are done (FE1-4.jpg), but the article itself is too short so it looks odd...
Is there any reason why the manual has 'xmas edition' written on it?

(It doesn't any more )
Quote from boothy :Please remember if you translate a page, then add at the bottom of the page, for example the Spanish page for tracks: [[es:Circuitos]] - which will add a link to the left hand side of the page

Thank you, didn't know that.

I had to update the germar page, the english page, etc?
Just a thought....would it be a good idea, do you all think, to have a Leagues and Events section, giving basic information about the leagues that LFS has to offer ? It'd be especially helpful, I'd think, for beginners who don't know about them, but can be pointed to that section. Including writeups and info/contact for leagues like NDRC/LFSBC, MoE, IGTC, Absolute Beginner's League, OWRL, etc etc. I'd be willing to help do some writeups if this might be a good idea.

d
Quote from dekojester :Just a thought....would it be a good idea, do you all think, to have a Leagues and Events section, giving basic information about the leagues that LFS has to offer ? It'd be especially helpful, I'd think, for beginners who don't know about them, but can be pointed to that section. Including writeups and info/contact for leagues like NDRC/LFSBC, MoE, IGTC, Absolute Beginner's League, OWRL, etc etc. I'd be willing to help do some writeups if this might be a good idea.

d

I think it is a good idea. Please start writing

Maybe I will finally join a league one day..
All:

I've got a list of all the leagues I found/remembered being active in the past year. http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Active_Leagues

Feel free to add more to the list, or create the page. I'll get the ones I know enough about as time allows.

d
Nice I've added the link to the main page.
I think some sort of info box should be create for each league/event, like you see on Wikipedia, which has an image/logo, then league details including cars, type of event(s), admins perhaps and website/forum link.

Quote from Whiskey :I had to update the germar page, the english page, etc?

Hmm looking at Wikipedia, it seems that yes, for each language the codes must but added to the bottom of each page.
It should be enough to add the racing organisations and describng the events in their article. This red link desert doesn't look too good.
I'm going to add a description now for all the NDR events, unless deko might already be doing it

Let's make LFS Manual better!
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG