The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Sessions Protest Thread
Please post in here ANY incidents you wish to be investigated from a practice session.

Practice Session Number:
Lap and Timecode:
Cars involved:
Description of Incident:

Use the above form to register your complaints.
Laps or Timecode: Every single SC period
Cars involved: Almost 100% of runners
Complaint: Not leaving enough room infront

I ended up hitting Joe Shaw (sorry mate :tilt and I was rammed and pushed about several times during the SC periods because people would not give ANY room at all.

The issue with this is that drivers who genuinley try to leave the gap cannot drop back, as the driver behind is so close to your backside if you back off you're in the wall

I know it's early on in the practice sessions but it's more common sense than anything to leave a gap.
Lap and Timecode: Lap 44, 50:25
Cars involved: 17(me),09
Description of Incident: In the last turn, the 09 was in front of me, instantly, he do a hard right and crashed into the wall and cause me to fly away, he didnt not touch anything to spin, i saw him TURN right hard, because of that, i didnt finish the race

EDIT: The green car was the 09
Lap and Timecode: end of lap 8 (Deko add: approx 9m 40s)
Cars involved: 262 08 and 24(me)
Description of Incident: car 262 pushes into 08, then car 08 hit me he lagged in me and i flied into the wall

i know this wasnt the best race ever for me (i can do better..)
Sorry for the crashes caused by me it was certainly not on purpose.
#5 - 5haz
Lap 10 Time: 10:56
Cars Involved: 55 and 66

Had to slow under safety car because the car infront of me slowed right up, car number 55 behind carried on at original speed and ran into the back of me.

Maybe lag was involved, who knows.
I`m writing this `cause at the end of practice race, I was called out for making an incident.
Off all the incidents prior to this one nobody said nothing. I have both real mirrors and center mirror turned ON, and didn`t see the car beside me until the contact was made.
There was so many cars arround and rushing from both inside and outside.
I have expected to see passing only from inside when the car behind catches the draft.
Tonight and in the first practice, nobody followed none of the rules that someone mentioned for OVAL racing.
I only whish that all off you "expert" racers would try to pass the knowledge of oval racing instead of bad mouthing "non expert" racers.
I was so annoyed and miss to save the replay, but as soon as I look at it I`ll post once more.
If race control decide that my driving was unsafe to that point of banning me from KY500 event, I would like to remind them that I`ve safely avoided all massive crashes that happened in front of me and finished 5th. I don`t think that was pure luck.
I really can`t tell who was the driver involved in the incident with me, but I`m really sorry that you crashed. It was not my intention to close your path in order to defend my position or something like that.

Again, I`ll watch the whole replay, until then, BR
I wont you to investigate who is made the pitstop on a not regular aproach to pitstop by cutting before pit and not using apron.
This is illegal moving on the track.

Second thing what I wont to ask off you to made one rule on oval , and that is -Never block the inside line . Most off the accidents on this track tonight was because someone wont to keep his position with blocking the guys behind him who is faster .
Not realy a protest but

Lap and Timecode: 3 turn 2 (deko add: about 3m25s)
Cars involved: 98 6 101 and many more
Description of Incident: 98 didn't give spase to 6 (or bacwards) => spin ,crash into 101 ,after many car crashed into 98 and 101 maybe to more cars . This caused the first SC.

And one thing ,pink car #98 was realy a dangerous driver.
I was realy scared ,during SC he penetrate my rear all the time (joke)
Quote from nathan246 :Lap and Timecode: Lap 44, 50:25
Description of Incident: In the last turn, the 09 was in front of me, instantly, he do a hard right and crashed into the wall and cause me to fly away, he didnt not touch anything to spin, i saw him TURN right hard, because of that, i didnt finish the race

Woah, I overcorrected, I already told you it was my fault and that I was sorry.

Chill
Quote from JackDaMaster :Woah, I overcorrected, I already told you it was my fault and that I was sorry.

Chill

sorry i didnt see your sorry
Quote from LFSn00b :Hmm, considering i wasnt even near you, i might have lagged a bit. I avoided contact at all costs, so apologizes if i hit you

you hit me hard baby ok it was in real my fault i like that so much

EDIT: oh one think ,Deko and co .is the ario realy nesessary? ,and one thing ,chat during race ,more DT's .It was realy annoying to see all the messages there
Quote from Wilko868 :Laps or Timecode: Every single SC period
Cars involved: Almost 100% of runners
Complaint: Not leaving enough room infront

I ended up hitting Joe Shaw (sorry mate :tilt and I was rammed and pushed about several times during the SC periods because people would not give ANY room at all.

The issue with this is that drivers who genuinley try to leave the gap cannot drop back, as the driver behind is so close to your backside if you back off you're in the wall

I know it's early on in the practice sessions but it's more common sense than anything to leave a gap.

If anyone, or you Chris, can give some specific examples, it would save a hell of a lot of time in this...any you remember being involved in, at a minimum. I'm just looking for help going through all of these.

d
Quote from nathan246 :Lap and Timecode: Lap 44, 50:25

Car 09's right hand turn was an overreaction to getting two wheels on the apron, and it pulling him down. This is deemed as a racing incident as such, as Car 1 did not have time to react, and there was nothing that Car 09 could have done to prevent the incident after the wall contact. Future examples of this sort of overreaction from Car 09, however, will result in a Monitoring Penalty.
Quote from Willem-racer :Lap and Timecode: end of lap 8 (Deko add: approx 9m 40s)
Description of Incident: car 262 pushes into 08, then car 08 hit me he lagged in me and i flied into the wall

The incident was caused by Car 262 taking what appears to be his normal line, ignoring the fact that there is one car (and a second, the second unsighted) clearly alongside that needed to be taken into account. The incident was caused by this. Car 24 was an unfortunate victim of latency.

Car 262 is being issued a Monitoring Penalty of 2 additional sessions to attend for his role in this incident. The incident was avoidable, and was caused by failure to have a knowledge of the driver's surroundings.
Quote from 5haz :Lap 10 Time: 10:56
Cars Involved: 55 and 66

Had to slow under safety car because the car infront of me slowed right up, car number 55 behind carried on at original speed and ran into the back of me.

Maybe lag was involved, who knows.

Car 55 is found to have made contact with the rear of Car 66, and as the cars ahead of 66 caught the SC, Car 66 slowed as he caught the forming queue, and Car 55 appears to have not reacted sufficiently, contacting the back of 66, resulting in Car 66 losing several positions. The equivalent penalty for this in-race would have been a Stop-Go Penalty to Car 55, but post-race, is converted to a 45-Second Time Penalty on the results. In addition, future cases from Car 55 of incidents of a similar nature may result in a Monitoring Penalty.
Quote from Ki-Men :I wont you to investigate who is made the pitstop on a not regular aproach to pitstop by cutting before pit and not using apron.
This is illegal moving on the track.

Please provide lap, timecode, and car number(s) so that I may check into this.

Quote from Ki-Men :Second thing what I wont to ask off you to made one rule on oval , and that is -Never block the inside line . Most off the accidents on this track tonight was because someone wont to keep his position with blocking the guys behind him who is faster .

Blocking is a concern I will look into later in the weekend, and decide on rule amendments relating to this should they be needed.
I'm going through the replay and picking out the worst of gap making now Deko
I'm just posting some extra incidents here to save Deko sifting the replay

Lap and Timecode: Lap 20, Timecode = 22:16.96
Cars involved: 98 and 6
Description of Incident: Car 98 turns in on Car 6

Lap and Timecode: Lap 25, Timecode = 28:24.00
Cars involved: 26, 24 and 80
Description of Incident: Car 26 fails to look to his left when moving out of 101's slipstream to overtaking, and so side-swipes car 24, causing an accident.

Lap and Timecode: Lap 28, Timecode = 32:27.02
Cars involved: 45 and 71
Description of Incident: Car 71 is completely unaware that car 45 is overtaking him. 71 strays off the racing line in the S/F straight 'kink' and heads towards the wall, collecting an innocent car 45 on his way.

Lap and Timecode: Lap 38, Timecode = 42:06.00
Cars involved: 81, 88, 4, and 46, 26, 78, 707
Description of Incident: Car 81 strays to the outside of the track and collides with car 88 and 04.

More to come.
OK then, I have compiled a list of car numbers who IMO didn't leave enough (or any) room in the first 3 SC periods.

SC1: Cars 80, 66, 04, 47, 21, 17, 25, 6, 24, 98, 38, 09
Car 98 Overtaking under SC

SC2: Cars 21, 38, 47, 26, 66, 04, 55, 17, 6, 44, 98, 80

SC3: 38, 46, 6, 81, 78, 21, 80, 66, 707, 24, 47, 101, 08

I didn't feel the need to check any more SC periods as it would still be the same peoples numbers showing up on my sheet of paper.

I would advise holding a few SC sessions, independent from the practice sessions, in which drivers not behaving behind the SC in the normal practice sessions must attend before being allowed to race. It worked well for the GTAL.

Cheers,

Chris
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm just posting some extra incidents here to save Deko sifting the replay

Lap and Timecode: Lap 38, Timecode = 42:06.00
Cars involved: 81, 88, 4, and 46, 26, 78, 707
Description of Incident: Car 81 strays to the outside of the track and collides with car 88 and 04.

More to come.

I watched the replay, and you`re right about me (car 81), straying to the outside. I wouldn`t call it straying, it was not intentional (my wheel didn`t move to outside it was the forces pushing my car outside). IMO, car 88 had a much better view of the situation and didn`t need to move towards me, since he already gave car 04 enough room to pass him. Our paths crossed and if hi lifted a throtlle pedal just a little bit or continued parallely , contact would be avoidable.
Instead, 88 contiued to move away from 04, and we made a contact that caused a whole mess.
Not to mention that car 88 had the "BLUE FLAG", but apparently didn`t mean a thing to him or maybe blue flag doesn`t mean anything in oval races, correct me if I`m wrong.
End of lap 8, time 9:40

Cars: 08, 262

Driving 4 wide, 262 turns right into me and basically causes SC period number two.
Quote from Kid222 :End of lap 8, time 9:40

Cars: 08, 262

Driving 4 wide, 262 turns right into me and basically causes SC period number two.

Already reported and dealt with

|
|
V

Quote from dekojester :
Quote from Willem-racer :Lap and Timecode: end of lap 8 (Deko add: approx 9m 40s)

The incident was caused by Car 262 taking what appears to be his normal line, ignoring the fact that there is one car (and a second, the second unsighted) clearly alongside that needed to be taken into account. The incident was caused by this. Car 24 was an unfortunate victim of latency.

Car 262 is being issued a Monitoring Penalty of 2 additional sessions to attend for his role in this incident. The incident was avoidable, and was caused by failure to have a knowledge of the driver's surroundings.

Lap and Timecode: 4 (5:10?)
Cars involved: me (car 6), 26, 55, 04.
Description of Incident: Unsafe Pit exit.

Lap and Timecode: lap 20 (22:15)
Cars involved: me and 98
Description of Incident: He crashed into me

Lap and Timecode: 45 (last)
Cars involved: Me and car 09
Description of Incident: He Cutted a bit of the inside and spun me and he started the last Pileup
Quote from JO53PHS :Already reported and dealt with

|
|
V

A-ha! ..iFail then, missed it.
Quote from aroX123 :Lap and Timecode: 4 (5:10?)
Cars involved: me (car 6), 26, 55, 04.
Description of Incident: Unsafe Pit exit.

Yea what there happend was just stupid, maby something for the next races the guys who enter the pit first dont stop at the first boxes just drive a bit to the end so we dont get ppl driving away and ppl who wanto stop ramming ethother what did happen yesterday
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG