The online racing simulator
Well, WR count ranks says a lot, but not everything, player drives alone there. Lets think Player X has 60 WR's, and Player Y has no WR's. In stuffed public servers Player X would go through all drivers in T1, while Player Y races politely and clean. In this point, Player X would have no point how to race clean, like "GTFO off the road, i'm on online PB!"
Quote from efexas16 :
also i read everything about Hotlapping with handbrake, so i agree also with one guy idea that if game has handbrake you can use it and that is no cheating

Agreed, its just inventing a faster way of hotlap.

P.S. Player X and Player Y characters doesn't describe Bawbag, Duck, Karolis or anyone else
Quote from migf1 :Achieving a good wr always involves one or more unrealistic ways of driving compared to real life. It could be lowered degrees of steering rotation, it could be excessive handbrake usage, it could be using serial/no-clutch shifting on an H-pattern/manual clutch equipped car, it could be using 0 or too little force feedback, it coulld be totally unrealistic passes over kerbs, it could be bizarre driving views, etc, etc. And most importantly, it could be taking advantage of the sim's physics/engine flaws!

So accusing arrechee for unrealistic driving because he's using the handbrake too much is ironic (if not funny), especially when the "accusers" admit they also use it or have used it (but less frequently :razz or when we all know they also use at least one unrealistic way of driving themselves (as most of us do anyway).

I used to disrespect arrechee's WRs when he was doing them using the macro clutch, because a macro recorder/profiler is external to what LFS provides. But the guy earned back my respect when he started flooding the charts with more WRs without the macro. He's obviously at least as much talented as any other WR holder in the top-5 (top-10) of the charts.

Btw, I don't think he needs to enter any league to prove himself. Leagues is a differerent story, here we're talking about hotlapping... or so I think. And regrading hotlapping, as far as I am concerned, arrechee is now as much established as any other world record holder in the top-10 of the relative charts.

+1
well said mate

ANd everybody thinks that this player or this one is the best and can have every WR...
That s just stupid. A lot of racers can have some good wr than nobody can beat.
And that s the point. Even with the best player, there are still some wr that he will never beat because some WR are really good with a crazy/perfect/lucky lap and even if you are the best you cannot beat it.
There's not only the WR Chart inthe World. There's also the Main Hotlap Rank, which is far away more representative of the skills of a driver because it features various combos.

I mean, you can be easily well ranked on the WR chart if you are a god in one special car(let's say the UF1) and suck badly on single seaters.

For example, how can you compare Plastikman, to Garfild1? One has 37 WRs, the other one has 8. But there's no way to compare them, because one hotlap only on ovals or nearly, and the other one hotlap only on the BF1. If they had both 18 hotlaps counting for the MHR, we could had have a far away better comparaison between them.
Quote from migf1 :Achieving a good wr always involves one or more unrealistic ways of driving compared to real life. It could be lowered degrees of steering rotation, it could be excessive handbrake usage, it could be using serial/no-clutch shifting on an H-pattern/manual clutch equipped car, it could be using 0 or too little force feedback, it coulld be totally unrealistic passes over kerbs, it could be bizarre driving views, etc, etc. And most importantly, it could be taking advantage of the sim's physics/engine flaws!

So accusing arrechee for unrealistic driving because he's using the handbrake too much is ironic (if not funny), especially when the "accusers" admit they also use it or have used it (but less frequently :razz or when we all know they also use at least one unrealistic way of driving themselves (as most of us do anyway).

I used to disrespect arrechee's WRs when he was doing them using the macro clutch, because a macro recorder/profiler is external to what LFS provides. But the guy earned back my respect when he started flooding the charts with more WRs without the macro. He's obviously at least as much talented as any other WR holder in the top-5 (top-10) of the charts.

Btw, I don't think he needs to enter any league to prove himself. Leagues is a differerent story, here we're talking about hotlapping... or so I think. And regrading hotlapping, as far as I am concerned, arrechee is now as much established as any other world record holder in the top-10 of the relative charts.

Only one point:i never use a macro o macro cluch,only a clucht with button pressed manually at the same time of gear,anyway,anything,this thing,people cant not accuse cheat,because i use auto cluch always at the moment and all my wrs are made with auto
Quote from Worm :Even with the best player, there are still some wr that he will never beat because some WR are really good with a crazy/perfect/lucky lap and even if you are the best you cannot beat it.

Well, I don't believe in lucky laps anymore. :P
I did a lot of wrs that had lucky laps, that were almost perfect! After some time I get inactive, and stop hotlapping for a while.

And then there comes someone, changes a bit to the set or not, drives a tenth or maybe even more faster.. And then I jump back in the car and.. A lot of times I can beat them again. It's weird, but it happened to me quite a few times.
Quote from Darkone55 :Well, I don't believe in lucky laps anymore. :P
I did a lot of wrs that had lucky laps, that were almost perfect! After some time I get inactive, and stop hotlapping for a while.

And then there comes someone, changes a bit to the set or not, drives a tenth or maybe even more faster.. And then I jump back in the car and.. A lot of times I can beat them again. It's weird, but it happened to me quite a few times.

haha, gotcha

That s so true. But I think you see what I mean, even if a wr can still be improved
Areechee shoots straight to top
Almost The King Of The Mountain
Quote from arrowkart4 :yea, but i think that bawbag could get atleast 150 or more wrs, hes just lazy arnt ya ray

So you think the rest of top drivers out there are hotlapping all day long?
Well all i see is that arrachee is crushing some really nice WR's bigtime!

Good job man!
Why isn't there something like "The LFS hotlappers thread"? Taking aside the disputes about morality in hotlapping, these battles for the WRs are indeed intense and entertaining in their own way. It's weird that there isn't a place where people write about their awesome WRs just to have them taken right away by some alien

BTW, arrechee is posting some sick laps lately, I haven't checked them but I think he's not using so much handbrake in these new ones.
Dont know, but for sure he is busting arrowkarts balls :P!

Nicely done arrachee. Tell me your tricks
Well, I don't know how some people can adapt to new combos so quickly. That's kinda impressive to me. I can be reasonable quick myself, but usually I need a lot of laps before getting there. And if I don't drive the combo for a couple of days, it's like learning to walk again.
Quote from Darkone55 : And then there comes someone, changes a bit to the set or not, drives a tenth or maybe even more faster.. And then I jump back in the car and.. A lot of times I can beat them again. It's weird, but it happened to me quite a few times.

Garfild12 maybe :P
Is this a common problem with my version of LFS? Or something fishy.

Using X10.

Please don't launch a 'cheater accuser' war against me, I'm just curious to why I got this message.

EDIT:

Watched a few more of the WR's and nothing wrong with those, maybe a corrupted download or something - but bloody hell your a smooth driver, keep it up.
Test patch problem, I remember for the brief time I used that patch that my replays wouldn't work.
wheel plz kthxbai
here

haha arrechee, a true triple OG thug still holdin it down against the new generation of hotlappahs :P
haha arco wr hotlaps made a messy list now
Good job arco!
Awesome work arrechee, new king of the mountain
Quote from arco :Well, I don't know how some people can adapt to new combos so quickly. That's kinda impressive to me. I can be reasonable quick myself, but usually I need a lot of laps before getting there. And if I don't drive the combo for a couple of days, it's like learning to walk again.

Same here. It could be that we are both old farts, buddy
Glad to see you re-uploading some of your older wr's and a few new ones. As for myself, I've retired from LFS's action (or taking a... long sabbatical, I'm not sure ). I kinda got fed up with it (the fictional tracks mostly).

@worm: good luck with your new job mate!

@arrechee: now I believe you didn't use the macro (I used to believe you did). Great stuff!
gratz arrechee
arrechee rox \o/

Worm no longer record holder.
(392 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG