The online racing simulator
Weell Ray whats your opinion of handbrakez
Quote from Bawbag :You must have some sort of mind reading shit going on, for all I can see, he's ONLY talking about Arechee's driving in LFS, nothing to do with real life.

Here...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :i don't think you'd find anyone in RL using one like that in a Caterham.

Quote from N I K I :I have to admit it's a poor way of driving, specially if you exaggerate with it like arrechee does (I never used it to that mesure). Understeery setups are mainly very fast, but they have that little problem with turn in and that's easily dealed with handbrake. That's one very ugly and undrealistic way of driving that should be avoided by any cost

Quote from Bawbag :I thought the whole point in simulators was to simulate real life, there for be treated as you would in real life? NFS is treated as a game....

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Im not saying your a cheater, what im saying is IF YOUR SUCH A GREAT DRIVER, WHICH THE SPANISH COMMUNITY HAILS YOU AS, WHY CAN'T YOU NOT USE THE HANDBRAKE, YOUR ONLY MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A TARD. You got so much more repsect from driver by stopping using button clutch, but you will never get the full respect because no-one is even arsed about you beating them, they just laugh at you using the handbrake so much. - Thats my point, im not asking you to remove anything.

Get over it, he beat you or whoever, tough shit. The handbrakes there so use it if you want. It's not a cheat, it's a driving style. like left foot braking for example, it was unheard of to use the brake AND throttle at the same time, do you think people started complaining and saying, hey your burning the clutch don't do that or whatever. Fact is, he found a way to be faster and uses it. Don't moan to him, moan at the devs for making the game unrealistic in that respect.
I think if he uses buttonclutch, then it's a unfair way he got faster and in my opinion it's cheating, because he doesn't use the typical settings as most of the other drivers use.. but I don't know, is there any proof that he uses this?
Quote from chaa :I think if he uses buttonclutch, then it's a unfair way he got faster and in my opinion it's cheating, because he doesn't use the typical settings as most of the other drivers use.. but I don't know, is there any proof that he uses this?

we are talking about handbrake usage. if i'm not mistaken he doesnt use BC anymore? well, the BC macro, BC itself is ok imo
ah k
Quote from BenjiMC :Here...
Get over it, he beat you or whoever, tough shit. The handbrakes there so use it if you want. It's not a cheat, it's a driving style. like left foot braking for example, it was unheard of to use the brake AND throttle at the same time, do you think people started complaining and saying, hey your burning the clutch don't do that or whatever. Fact is, he found a way to be faster and uses it. Don't moan to him, moan at the devs for making the game unrealistic in that respect.

That's exactly how I feel, I guess pearcy didn't understand me...
Im not pissed he beat me at all, like i said, im not doubting hes a better driver than me, i just want peoples onpinions on whether they think its BS, if hes so fast in real life without it, then he can do the same in LFS. He'll never get the respect he deserves if he doesn't. My opinion and im out of this thread.
Hmmm it's a feature in lfs after all so it can be used for whatever reason same goes for button clutch but people like to have everything nice and even so everyone is on the same playing field. If they like to use handbrake then let it be but just try harder or a better line just do whatever floats yah boat.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :.. if hes so fast in real life without it, then he can do the same in LFS..

If we IRL had to drive on such a slippery surface like LFS provides, wouldn´t we use the HB as well in case we wanted to get fastest arround the corners, I wonder ?
thing is though, in lfs you can easily get away with slides. of course it wouldnt work in real life, and imo the only car you could proper slide around a corner irl (and still be fast) would be the rb4. im not sure if its tyre physics are lack of grip or whatever, but sliding doesnt slow you down in lfs, and, in most cases, if you slide around a corner (opposite lock slide) its faster than taking it smoothly.
i think thats the point these guys are making.. that the 'proper' driving style is just not working in lfs the way it should.
besides if you look at most racecars they dont have handbrake anyway, except rally.

in saying that, i think arrechee is a great driver, no doubt, but as pearcy says, he really doesn't get the respect he could/should have by using these exploits. i think there are many examples of this exploit at work, for eg: zanini at as7r in the fzr, using both exploits and/or cheats to their pull potential. it's not just arrechee who is doing it. another example is as1 fz5, that lap is almost impossible to beat with a 'normal' driving style, because you just can't physically carry that much corner speed into the corners as he does, and get it turned in as well, no matter how open your diff is (it will just slide way too much) or how much grip your set has (just won't turn fast enough). usually if you have awesome corner entry speed you sacrafice exit speed, but with the handbrake technique, it squares the car up for you. so you can basically have a straight exit, and get heaps of entry and exit speed, without lacking too much mid corner speed. i think this is the main reason that people are against it.
If people were really interested in realism in LFS they would support initiatives like NARA the reality is though that the vast majority are just seeking fun races against other humans in a resonably fair environment.

Most don't really give a toss about their controller being set to the correct deg of rotation for the car they are driving, using clutch and H-pattern shifter if they have got it, or such things as "realistic" views, most do use a controller setup and driving techniques that net them fast lap times with the least effort within the confines of what is accepted behaviour of the crowd.

That is all it is though - accepted behaviour - which in no way makes it more realistic than precieved unacceptable behaviour...

So to have a WR that was accomplished with acceptable or unacceptable behaviour only matters to people that want to be accepted by the crowd which in turn does not matter one jot in relation to realism. Just because the majority accept one way is legal and another is iligal does not in my mind make it a better way

The way I see it is that Scawen sets the parameters of the virtual world and therefore as long as you aren't tampering with the software that creates that vitual world how can it be considered wrong? That's not to say that I personally take advantage of such things but I have no problem with people that do (i.e. macro clutches, handbrake usage, etc) If it is so wrong then Scawen will no doubt takes steps to bring back a balance in the virtual world once more.

What I am trying to say is that I think it is upto Scawen to set what is acceptable and what is not and that public opinion doesn't really count for much other than highlight possible flaws in the virtual world
I have to agree with arrachee and some more on this one. Handbrake usage isn't that bad IMO .. There are some much more unrealistic things done to get a fast lap by other drivers. Some slides etc are just impossible IRL. And irl you won't have 1 million times to try it out :P
DUck:its easy to beat my as1/fz5 lap without handbrake,is much more important adjust setup

Repeat:what view youve got?(cockpit,wheels view,or 3 person),and wheel?¿?

Oh!in this poll:http://www.lfsforum.net/poll.p ... howresults&pollid=477 68,5 use cockpit,and 31,5% cheaters,lol
Using a different view doesn't give you shit loads on cornering and exit speed.
lol brootal
hahhahahahhaha
OWNAGE

awesomely brutal stuff pearcy
awesome. it's just a game after all. can't you just smile and wave?
¿The wheels view and 3 person view is realistic?
who are u talking about arrechee?

and i think the wheel view is more realistic than using handbrake every corner

sodiiii booooooooo
not every option the game offers is realistic...

there is officially prohibited to use some ingame options in hotlaps/racing?

if not i suggest to organize a "true good drivers club" with bawbag as leader
requirements:
- in car view
- 720 deg steer lock (or depend on car)
- axis handbrake
- axis clutch in axis clutch cars
- no digital gauges in road cars
- shift+f mode
- 100% FF

goal? i dont know... maybe fuse to ban or put to shame the "dirty" ones (us)?

back to topic...
worm is of course hotlapping imo
Arrow:Wheel view is unrealistic view,the question is,if we start searching thing unrealistic,we can die making a list

Worm no longer record holder.
(392 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG