The online racing simulator
Laguna is Americans most famous circuit race track so imo it would only be logical for NASCAR to race there.
Problem is, who is Laguna Seca owned by? If there is one thing I absolutely hate about Nascar, its all the BS that goes on with the track owners fighting over who has what races.

Also, the race yesterday was ruined by Ambrose's crew member running out to the middle of the grass to get that tire. There was still some racing for the lead but so many good cars got stuck a lap or more down when the caution came out. The guy was already almost back over the wall when they threw the yellow anyway, so I don't really get the point of that caution. I'm glad my boy Stewart had another good finish though, now they just need to get Newman's team on the same level. I don't remember them mentioning it on the broadcast but when Newman's car went by you could hear that it had lost a cylinder, tons of engine trouble this year for alot of teams.

Anyone else catch the "full logano" quote when Busch(I think it was him) hit the wall? Classic.
#78 - JJ72
Quote from mutt107 :i don't know how a stock car could handle the corkscrew

It works in Iracing.
Quote from UncleBenny :Problem is, who is Laguna Seca owned by? If there is one thing I absolutely hate about Nascar, its all the BS that goes on with the track owners fighting over who has what races.

Also, the race yesterday was ruined by Ambrose's crew member running out to the middle of the grass to get that tire. There was still some racing for the lead but so many good cars got stuck a lap or more down when the caution came out. The guy was already almost back over the wall when they threw the yellow anyway, so I don't really get the point of that caution. I'm glad my boy Stewart had another good finish though, now they just need to get Newman's team on the same level. I don't remember them mentioning it on the broadcast but when Newman's car went by you could hear that it had lost a cylinder, tons of engine trouble this year for alot of teams.

Anyone else catch the "full logano" quote when Busch(I think it was him) hit the wall? Classic.

Agree with the crew member, total stupidity and very lucky. Totally ruined the race also as it left only 12 cars on the lead lap, although it was good to see him demoted (very quickly) to the Chef's position.

Regarding the the engines, don't think they mentioned Newman himself, but they did mention that there were a few cars only running on 7 cylinders.
I was hoping vickers(my driver) would catch up with busch, that last stop killed him.
i was hoping J.Gordon(my guy) wouldve had busch in the last turn but he gt loose
Quote from trebor901 :i dont get why people dont like Kyle Busch

i like him and his way of driving but he did not have a chance in that race.
Hooray first short track of 2009, Bristol, Tennessee. Mark Martin's second consecutive pole, Ryan Newman 2nd (I think the #39 team has found speed), Jimmie Johnson 3rd. Chevy 1,2,3
Seemed like a pretty uneventful day at Bristol to me.

I hate that Kvapil is losing his ride due to lack of sponsorship. Out of all the under-funded guys, he's the one I like to root for. I think this is the third time he's lost a Cup ride now, and he always goes back to the trucks and proves he knows how to race. He's not flashy and he gets the job done, just wish he could get a break with a decent team one of these times. He's definitely got more talent than some other cup drivers I can think of off the top of my head. *caugh* McMurray and Mears *cough*
I like Allmendinger but I like Kvapil as well. Shame he is loosing his ride. I hope the same doesnt happen to Allmendinger or Andretti
Kvapil is the one of the most underrated drivers in NASCAR. Ambrose finished 10th (before his car dropped 2 cylinders he was in the top 5)

Fact: Clint Bowyer has finished 78 consecutive races, only visiting victory lane twice.
Yeah I like Allmendinger, he's a good driver.
more like Wallmendinger
:doh:
haha
If only it weren't April 1st...
Marcos Ambrose starting in the 11th position. Look at all the big names behind him
Quote from hansonator69 :Marcos Ambrose starting in the 11th position. Look at all the big names behind him

Ambrose is doing great. I mean from now it seems that he might need to improve a bit on the superspeedway but a top 10 in bristol and an 11th in quali that's great

Also, anyone notice how Scott Speed didnt qualify?

And good luck to Max Papis, hope you do well this sunday
Quote from lizardfolk :Ambrose is doing great. I mean from now it seems that he might need to improve a bit on the superspeedway but a top 10 in bristol and an 11th in quali that's great

Agreed
Quote from lizardfolk :Also, anyone notice how Scott Speed didnt qualify?

More like Scott "No" Speed
That was like Dale Earnhardt, Sr. in the 1997 Daytona 500.
Whoa....how's Kenseth's crash in Nationwide

Good racing in Talladega, I'm excited for a great weekend of F1 and NASCAR at Talla. And Papis qualifies again WOOOO!!!! Go Max
Lol, I turn on the stream and literally the first thing I see is a slow-mo of [whatever his name was] sliiiding to the infield at just under 200 mph and rolling a few times, before catching fire.

Well done Ragan, I don't know who you are but you seem like a good guy
HOLY $&#*!!!!!! WHAT A FINISH THIS SPRINT CUP!!!! GOD THAT WAS SOME GREAT RACING.

Good job to Kesolowski, Edward's wrecking wasn't his Brad's fault. Edwards blocked when he shouldn't have and got wrecked. Very similar to Smith's incident although with Smith actually went below the yellow line and got penalized.

Edwards shouldn't have pushed Kesolowski down.

Good Job to Papis 18th and Andretti 27th.

MAN WHAT A FINISH,

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG