The online racing simulator
No. I was originally partnering Rudy, but decided to race 1600 instead. Rudy was going to race F3, but it looks like he wont be able to do that now due to the schedule. Overall the Lastplace teams plans have fallen into disarray.
Quote from The Moose :No. I was originally partnering Rudy, but decided to race 1600 instead. Rudy was going to race F3, but it looks like he wont be able to do that now due to the schedule. Overall the Lastplace teams plans have fallen into disarray.

that's a pity mate. Lastplace is a cracking lineup You'll sort it out, I'm sure
Just a small bump....
Seeing as RSC is still down, I was wondering if there were any beta testers here (The Moose) had any news regards development? Don't get me wrong, i'm having a blast trying to master those pesky FF's so i'm by no means bored.....just interested!

Thanks

Andrew
Quote from mrfell :Just a small bump....
Seeing as RSC is still down, I was wondering if there were any beta testers here (The Moose) had any news regards development? Don't get me wrong, i'm having a blast trying to master those pesky FF's so i'm by no means bored.....just interested!

Thanks

Andrew

Im one of the beta team

Tbh we haven't heard an awful lot either, the plan was for Kunos to release another patch sometime with some more bug fixes and then push out the Hill Climb content and the Fiat Abarth 500.

After all of that the main focus will be netKar Pro V2.0 as far as i know, which should be very tasty when it's released

This is from what I heard though, this may not be 100% correct.
BTW I eventually got round to give 1.03 a spin.

From now on everybody who complains about the shortcomings in LFS' sound system should be directed to try nKp. It kills immersion so effectively that I couldn't shake off myself the impression of having got back in the early 90s. Stunts on a PC speaker sounded better than this
Quote from mclarenmatt :Im one of the beta team

Tbh we haven't heard an awful lot either, the plan was for Kunos to release another patch sometime with some more bug fixes and then push out the Hill Climb content and the Fiat Abarth 500.

After all of that the main focus will be netKar Pro V2.0 as far as i know, which should be very tasty when it's released

This is from what I heard though, this may not be 100% correct.

Thanks very much for the update!!

Andrew
Quote from NightShift :BTW I eventually got round to give 1.03 a spin.

From now on everybody who complains about the shortcomings in LFS' sound system should be directed to try nKp. It kills immersion so effectively that I couldn't shake off myself the impression of having got back in the early 90s. Stunts on a PC speaker sounded better than this

That is exactly the impression I got when I first tried nKPro, but it was 1.02 at the time. I don't have this "problem" at all in 1.03, which leads me to believe it had more to do with hardware settings or something rather than the game itself. Really, the sound in 1.03 is great for me. The only thing that changed on my computer hardware wise between me trying 1.02 and 1.03 is I've got a different - and a lot less performant - graphics card
Quote from obsolum :That is exactly the impression I got when I first tried nKPro, but it was 1.02 at the time. I don't have this "problem" at all in 1.03, which leads me to believe it had more to do with hardware settings or something rather than the game itself. Really, the sound in 1.03 is great for me. The only thing that changed on my computer hardware wise between me trying 1.02 and 1.03 is I've got a different - and a lot less performant - graphics card

I downloaded Gill's soundpack today, and it's a lot better IMO. But is there a way to change the skid sounds? The skid sounds are very important to me, and I don't like the ones in nKP. They don't seem to provide much info.. and I couldn't find them in the sfx folder
Skid sounds are common for all cars, located in \\nkpro\sfx\, not in each car's sfx folder.

There is another one named skid.wav.pro, you can use that one instead, just rename it to skid.wav, and of course rename (or delete) the old one to something else.
Quote from obsolum :which leads me to believe it had more to do with hardware settings or something rather than the game itself.

I seem to remember other people said the switch from the scazzato engine to the newer one had consequences on sound quality

FWIW my gaming PC has a Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic card, shouldn't be totally crappy. But I think the 1.02 bundle is still lying around somewhere, so it should be easy to make a fair comparison.
what lfs really attracts us is the physics, i.e "the real feeling"

so the next improvment of lfs should be mainly on physics.

NKP has show a great way on both physics and the feedback, but i'd say lfs has a great tire physics already, it's very different to any other sim-racing games, pretty special, if the developers could fix it better, especially on the slick of formulas, lfs would be the out-standing sim.

anyway, the most realear is the real racing, both nkp and lfs give me a lot of fun and different experience of racing. is great!
be nice to get some info on update work and stuff....
Woohoo, downloading now...
This will be interesting for sure!!
Thanks Moose
Looking pretty good for beta, corkscrew did look little weird but hard to tell if it was just due to very high FOV setting that made it really difficult to estimate distances.
The corkscrew is a nightmare if you are slightly off line, the car ends up jumping around and shooting off in the wrong direction......fun though!!!
Moose are there a couple of dodgy upshifts from 3rd to 4th in there? I think i'm roughly 1 sec behind your time so far, only using a default setting ATM so probably could go quicker. My biggest problem is shifting down too quickly into 2nd and locking up. May go and try the ff1800 for a laugh.........

Andrew
Quote from Crommi :Looking pretty good for beta, corkscrew did look little weird but hard to tell if it was just due to very high FOV setting that made it really difficult to estimate distances.

I think the entire maping of the corcscrew is weird
Quote from StableX :be nice to get some info on update work and stuff....

Public Beta of the 1.1 patch should be available within 4 weeks.
New interface
New netcode
Changes to the sound engine
Multiplayer chat lobby
Osella and Hillclimb
Quote from The Moose :Public Beta of the 1.1 patch should be available within 4 weeks.
New interface
New netcode
Changes to the sound engine
Multiplayer chat lobby
Osella and Hillclimb

Osella & Hillclimb

Hopefully the netcode can further help NKP along.
I'm at a loss as to why there aren't more people online.
Quote from Mattesa :I'm at a loss as to why there aren't more people online.

Elvis has left the building - it'll be a hard challenge to get back those who waited for so long to get something usable...
Finally the Osella and hillclimb.
The Moose keep us informed plz because RSC is dead. Thks

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG