The online racing simulator
How many here are driving RC cars?
(58 posts, started )
i have a reely cougar 4.1
2 mugen seiki msx-3
xmod hummer
and a broken tamya tl-01
always wanted a drift car thing but their so expensive for what they are...
mine is meant to be 4wd but the cogue that drives the front wheels has come loose from in front of the flywheel so it has more power to the rear lol. Doesnt stay going forward for very long anymore.
HPI Evo3+ and MT2 G3.0 here, but not for long since I've put em up for sale. Money eaters, and I'm kinda broke now
I've got some kiddo RC for $10 from local shop

It can go ~20 km/h, VROOOOM! and works on batteries
I'm thinking of getting something like this in the near future:

I have a foamy aerobatic but it just gets blown about too much by the wind. Not great at 3D flying either (or maybe that's just me )

I also have a 12 scale nitro car in the garage from years back. Had some problems with the engine and just gave it up. Gotta either fix it someday or pass it on to someone else.
Ross: Damn nice plane!
Yeah hopefully I can get my hands on it!
I mainly race 1/28 scale electric cars, but I am hoping to expand into 1/10 scale for outdoor "bashing" during the summer.

I currently have 6 Kyosho Mini Z's, and 1 that is almost complete. These range from MR-02's, MR-015's, F1's, MA-010's, and Overlands. I run an Airtronics M8 so mulitple cars aren't a problem.

For bigger scale, I have a 1/10 Duratrax Maximum ST which needs a serious engine rebuild/replacement. I have a 1/10 Kyosho Sunstorm 600 boat which I do some lake cruising from time to time, since the lake is only a block down the road. I also have a 1/16 Kyosho Mini Inferno replica which is a work in progress, but this chassis' popularity has died so I'm having a hard time getting this to be a complete chassis too.

This summer, I'll have to work on my nitro and get it ready for some racing if at all possible. My 1/16 I will continue to work on for the 2nd summer, it's the big money factor in buying Li-Po and brushless that is limiting my progress on this car.
I just brought down my fathers Kyosho Raider Pro!
He bought it in 1990 and it's been standing since 1999-2000 - 10 years.
Anyone knows how I shall re-charge the battery? Because I hope it works.
shall I just start charging it with what the battery can take, which is 7.2 volts or should I go higher or lower?
If anyone recognizes this car, is it scale 1/10 or what?

Pics:

http://i43.photobucket.com/alb ... Raider%20Pro/IMGP3725.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb ... Raider%20Pro/IMGP3726.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb ... Raider%20Pro/IMGP3727.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb ... Raider%20Pro/IMGP3728.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb ... Raider%20Pro/IMGP3729.jpg
I have my ol' trust TT-01, not great on the black stuff, under steers like a pig, but once you get on gravel tracks or any slick surface, it is balls to the wall fun. Got a Carson upgrade pack which helps handling quite a lot, although I didn't use the gearing which came with it as they seemed too tall.

Unfortunately one knock too many means the front steering clam broke, so until I get a replacements, I don't have a ride.

I don't have a ride either, mine is in the store I bought it from and waiting to get repaired.
Guarantee FTW! Free stuff!
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Anyone knows how I shall re-charge the battery? Because I hope it works.
shall I just start charging it with what the battery can take, which is 7.2 volts or should I go higher or lower?

with its age its certainly nicd so you can just pump in ~0.25-1c (take its capacity forget about the h behind the A and charge it with that current)
preferably youd want to have a charger with graphs or a voltmeter so you know when the cells spring back to life
youll be much better off buying a new pack though (a123 LiFePo is what you want if you can mod the chassis to fit the slightly larger batteries)
Always been well into my Tamiyas, must have had about 20 different models over the last 5 years (not at the same time, obviously). Once I got bored of one I'd just trade it for another that took my fancy and keep going...

I raced them for a while, mainly 1/10 eleccy indoor but had so many breakages I gave up with that. I also got invited by a friend to race his 1/8th IC RallyX buggy at his offroad track. This was brilliant fun, and a certain L.Hamilton was there on the day racing too. If I hadn't run out of petrol in one of my heats, I've have had the chance to stand next to him and race against him! But as it happened, I got to go against his brother instead. Was fun!
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Bah, electric cars aint anything for men! it's gotta be methanol!

They go on nitro (mixed with other lubricants and oils) not methanol

Anyway.. i've got 2 Kyosho Mini-Z's (an MR02 and F1), a Team Losi Mirco-T, an Academy STR-4 (1:10th scale touringcar) and RT-4 (1:10th scale truck). I've also got a Tamiya Tamtech F1 (1:14th scale) and Xray M18. But i'm thinking of selling some of my cars to get some extra money to go and buy some decent electronics (spectrum transmitter, charger, batteries etc.) and one (good/decent) car to go racing at my local club.

I'll try to find a decent picture

Quote from Minimaxman :[...] and a certain L.Hamilton was there on the day racing too. If I hadn't run out of petrol in one of my heats, I've have had the chance to stand next to him and race against him! But as it happened, I got to go against his brother instead. Was fun!

I've heard his brother (Nicolas) is a pretty good r/c driver indeed
Quote from Sponge :They go on nitro (mixed with other lubricants and oils) not methanol

if youre gonna correct people make sure your post is correct please
its mostly methanol with usually less than 20% (excluding competition fuels) nitromethane mixed in
Quote from Shotglass :if youre gonna correct people make sure your post is correct please
its mostly methanol with usually less than 20% (excluding competition fuels) nitromethane mixed in

oops sorry mate
Atm I use 16% but when the 4 Liter can runs out, I'm gonna buy 25% so I get even more power out of the engine!
ive just got a tt-01-D.

modified to have more steering ,custom suspension,i use hpi t-drift tires,an EZ run 9 turn brushless sensorless motor and speed controller,i upped the gear ratio to 21 tooth pinoin to 61 tooth spur,6mm offset at front 9mm rear,front and rear locked diffs,front universal shafts and cups,hi torque metal geared servo,alloy shaft,hi tec long range radio's,2 3600mah batteries on deans plugs,and other vaious chassis modifications.
Nice one Drift!
Post some pics so we have something to fap to!!!

Also could a mod perhaps change the topic name to like "The RC thread" or something?
Quote from Tim_J_23 :I don't have a ride either, mine is in the store I bought it from and waiting to get repaired.
Guarantee FTW! Free stuff!

Yeah, I've had it for over 2 years, any warranty would be well and truly spent by now.
Inferno US with O.S 30VG engine.

Got pics but they are 900000000x1244000000 pixels and im too lazy to rezise.

How many here are driving RC cars?
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG