The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :Marvelous, I'm always happy to satisfy a feature request in this way, one or two sentences. My list of TODO things grows rather long, some things easier to add, some harder...

sry..my bad

Hi all. I'm using Airio on a 500 server: [url="lfs://|[ITA] racingportal.it|0|S2|/"][ITA] racingportal.it[/url] and i use Lapperskript to show statistics recorded by Airio and exported to PB.txt lapper file: Personal best

But.. Airio more stats data, and I ignore php. Could anybody post a simple Airio stats viewer that includes also series ranks?
Airio 2.1.4 corrects certain smaller bugs and adds several new items usable in the FULL version including an optional check for doubled IP addresses. This will prevent people using multiple LFS instances to abuse voting on demo servers.

You can find complete changelog and planned things here. Also new is published structure of Airio statistics files that you may find in Admin Manual, more specifically here. This information will help PHP developers to create scripts for reading stats directly from Airio files and displaying the results on Web pages.
Quote from EQ Worry :You can find complete changelog and planned things here. Also new is published structure of Airio statistics files that you may find in Admin Manual, more specifically here. This information will help PHP developers to create scripts for reading stats directly from Airio files and displaying the results on Web pages.

Thanks EQ Worry.. I'll work with that..
Quote from BriZz :Thanks EQ Worry.. I'll work with that..

Yes, sorry it took me so long. With the information provided you may create scripts not limited to lap (and split) times, but also showing points (on total or champ level), drifting scores or race times...

After two days of work I also offer Airio 2.1.5. You'll find complete changelog again here. Worth mentioning in the new version is customizable start grid ordering (but it had not been tested thoroughly yet, so bug reports or update suggestions are welcome). Also there may be a penalty given for ignoring blue flags, not just forced spectating. New command !session shows session best lap times. There are also updates in the FULL version, especially definable textual items.
improvement suggestions:

- fully customizable car groups (gtr, gt2, ngt, tbo, lrf, std, s-s)
- possibility to make restriceted carclasses (i.E. GT2 and GTR on one server with 2 winners or UFR and Baby UFR on one server)
- possibility to restrict cars by total points (i.e. GT2 can be driven from beginning on, GTR you have to get 1500 total points to drive)
- possibility to restrict servers by points (like in CTRA)
- race results board updates to above suggestions (GT1 results are not nessesary to GT2 pilots)
- pit stop windows and penalties for this (i.e. in a 10 lap race, the pitstop has to be done between lap 3 and 8)
- highest climber special points
- started in # of races and finishes in stats file

configs:
- reduce config files to a *better* amount (18 is very confusing)
- sorting options more logical in config files
- more examples
- configuration GUI for windows machines

and now: sleeping, good night
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :- fully customizable car groups (gtr, gt2, ngt, tbo, lrf, std, s-s)
- possibility to restrict cars by total points (i.e. GT2 can be driven from beginning on, GTR you have to get 1500 total points to drive)
- possibility to restrict servers by points (like in CTRA)
- pit stop windows and penalties for this (i.e. in a 10 lap race, the pitstop has to be done between lap 3 and 8)

Yes, all these are in my todo list, especially the car groups and converting points into licences.

Quote from Trekkerfahrer :- highest climber special points
- started in # of races and finishes in stats file

Very cool features, I'll try to add those.

Quote from Trekkerfahrer :- race results board updates to above suggestions (GT1 results are not nessesary to GT2 pilots)
- possibility to make restriceted carclasses (i.E. GT2 and GTR on one server with 2 winners or UFR and Baby UFR on one server)

Right, I think there was a similar suggestion some time ago, it would require more thinking and coding though. The other guy was suggesting you put the class name as text on your numberplate and by this you are restricted. OK, will try to think of something.

Quote from Trekkerfahrer :- reduce config files to a *better* amount (18 is very confusing)
- sorting options more logical in config files
- more examples
- configuration GUI for windows machines

Well, yes. As the number of items rises the config files grow larger. Currently I cannot think of a way to simplify this. Do you believe one or two large file(s) would be better? I could make one CFG file combining Airio.cfg.txt, Airio.cfg.tc.txt, Airio.cfg.nc.txt, and Airio.cfg.lc.txt. I could also combine Airio.srv.txt and Airio.fil.txt, maybe also the three text files (fq, nt, rl) into one. Also the MSG files could be moved into a separate folder to reduce the amount of files in Airio root...

And about the GUI. Yes, would be nice, but I'd prefer to work on Airio code, not on external tools. If anyone is willing to make a GUI, I'd gladly help with explaining how things work. It was also suggested to me the configuration should be available using buttons from inside the game for easy updates. Surely possible, but surely also a lot of work available "only" to admins...

Anyway, trying my best here to fulfil your wishes...
My opinion is, that if EQ would make a cruise server with all this stuffs what he knows, that cruise server with a great insim will become unbeatable. I'm checking time to time this thread, reading the new addons on the Airio, and it's still the greatest tracker.
Now time to rehabilitation after last night...
Good day to all
Quote from ASR Sanchez :My opinion is, that if EQ would make a cruise server with all this stuffs what he knows, that cruise server with a great insim will become unbeatable.

:Eyecrazy: OMG
Forget the cruising EQ
Quote from EQ Worry :
Right, I think there was a similar suggestion some time ago, it would require more thinking and coding though. The other guy was suggesting you put the class name as text on your numberplate and by this you are restricted. OK, will try to think of something.

not a good idea i think... there is a high potential to trick i would do it like this:

EXAMPLE:
gtr = restriction free
gt2 = 20% FZR, 23%FXR, 25%XRR or more restriction

a user chooses FZR, if he puts less than 20% in his car, he gets only a warning that he will be count as GTR...

i think this is the smarter way. if a user trys to win a gt2 race by lower restrictions, he tries to trick and has to be penalized. he is penalized because he drives with a high handicap in the top class
i would only do it with the handicap values. equal or higher handicap values to gt2 restrictions means he will be count as gt2.

just an example
Right, I guess your ideas are more simple to implement than checking numberplate text. Will try to do and offer it in the full version.

Meanwhile Airio 2.1.6 updates race restart cancelling, improves speedtrap handling, fixes some problems and add a bunch of new options/commands into the full version. As always, complete changelog is here.
You are on fire man!!

I have not been able to go throuh a complete installation setting all my options when you've put out two new versions.

One question, if we want to upgrade do we have to redo all the config each time or can we just replace the .exe file?
Hi,
You have to add the new bits manually using the Change Log on the website then replace exe and pdb files.

If you want an excellent FREE Text File editor then use PSPad
Once you go through the settings and tweak it so that you're happy, I believe the updates are not as complicated. I suggest you always look first into the changelog to see if there's something you would like to have. In the log you may also see what new things are already implemented and will be available in the next version.

When I add new configuration items, I always say their name and file. You may download the latest distribution and overwrite the old EXE and PDB (debug info) files. You do this always. Then see the changelog, find new items in appropriate files, copy them into your existing configuration, set as required, save file(s), run Airio.exe (or reload all settings by typing !rld) and it is done. Creating the configs again and again is certainly not necessary.
Nice one Worry superb job, as you know its on the AKM server and is eas to use after a quick look at the rules then your off best lapper ive seen by far great job mate

Tur8o
Excellent, thanks for all the responses and guidance. I hope to have this great tool running on our server very soon.
Hiya, I have just a small question. I am rotating tracks succesfully but when it comes to the last combo in the list it doesn't seem to loop. Any ideas how to make it do this please?

Edit: found some more issues with track rotation. I have tried to get it to rotate from FBM to FOX, but people can use FBM from last session when airio changes to fox, then the track rotation gets stuck...
Quote from jasonmatthews :Hiya, I have just a small question. I am rotating tracks succesfully but when it comes to the last combo in the list it doesn't seem to loop. Any ideas how to make it do this please?

Hmmmm, my very wild guess you have '>' after the last track in the scheme. I believe it must not be there. In case this is not the cause, I'll investigate in more detail.

Quote from jasonmatthews :Edit: found some more issues with track rotation. I have tried to get it to rotate from FBM to FOX, but people can use FBM from last session when airio changes to fox, then the track rotation gets stuck...

The FOX is just added to FBM, both cars available for selection? Probably not. I believe it is when people never leave their previous car during the rotation, they stay in FBM, although only FOX is available. I'm pretty sure the /clear command is issued, but if that does not force people to go to pits and change the car, well, I wonder what can be done about it?
Hi again !

Q: since 2.6 version my servers was listed in global stats on ur site but now there is no SHDTeam tag on ur server? Airio is workinwith no problem on our servers.
I think it is an LFS thing, but try it and watch how much it can mess up

In the end the racers decided anyway that FOX rocks and FBM..... well

I ended up making single car rotation instead, but haven't yet tested if it loops or not.
Quote from DuleXY :Q: since 2.6 version my servers was listed in global stats on ur site but now there is no SHDTeam tag on ur server? Airio is workinwith no problem on our servers.

I see two possible causes:

1) The communication between your Airio and the servers site is timing out (by default after 5 seconds). That may happen, but it is not so common and your instance will appear there as soon as the communications runs properly again.

2) You have disabled sending local/receiving global stats yourself. Chect out in Airio.cfg.txt file the item called GlobalStats. It should be set to true (or yes), otherwise your instance is hidden/not communicating.

Quote from jasonmatthews :I think it is an LFS thing, but try it and watch how much it can mess up

The question is what can be done. I do not think LFS itself can force people to go to pits and select a new car type. The /clear does not help, spectating neither. It would seem to me the only way is to be checking that the car type people are joining with is among the currently allowed car types. But getting a list of allowed cars directly from LFS server is not (I believe) possible. And getting that data from LFSW, eh...
how about using /end. that forces people out to the lobby and forces them to pick a new car if the current one does not comply with the group allowed.
Well, I believe that's exactly what does not happen. The /end command is issued when rotating tracks, and also the /clear command which forces everyone to join the new race again. Unfortunately neither of these commands ensures people have to choose a new car. Unless I overlooked something obvious or hidden, I would even call that a LFS bug/failure, allowing people to join races with cars that are no more available.
mmhhh ... when I issue the /end command manually to force track rotation I am forced to rejoin the race and select a new car if the previous one did not work ...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG