The online racing simulator
Is LFS aging? A lot?
(231 posts, started )
Quote from mrodgers :How exactly do you show only S2 servers? Is that new in the test patches? You can't filter for S2 only with Patch Z.

i would like to know that too.
Quote from mutt107 :i would like to know that too.

Perhaps he is referring the online hosts in lfsworld.
Quote from Intrepid :Thank god the DEVS haven't over developed the graphics otherwise they would drastically limit how many people can play the sim How many other sims can run 32 cars on 1 track, on a basic comp without MAJOR slow down?. IMO LFS's main benefit is it's lack of graphical updates!

Better physics YES please, but better graphics... i couldn't give a f%^k!

Better graphics don't mean necessarily slower.

LFS is still built on directx 8, and most 5 years old gfx card should get some benefit, both in image quality and performance, if directx 9 instructions were used. So the image quality on LFS can be improved without limiting people to drive on it (I believe that most people here use directx 9 based cards at least).

And also there are always the image quality options to make it easier for older hardware.
-
(jrs_4500) DELETED by jrs_4500
Quote from jbirdaspec :If you take a look at jrs_4500 he has drove 291 miles and his best laptime is 10 seconds off the WR.....

...[snip]...

-Jay

He wasn't flaming you. It was a very decent post I might add. I do 300 kms easily each Saturday AND Sunday, and I'm still noob as hell, (still learning how to drive well).
Quote from jrs_4500 :Thanks everyone but jbirdaspec for not flaming. Next time I post I'll think first. I do like LFS, but I like other games too. Actually, the bottoms of cars are the only real graphical complaint I have. Everything else is fine. W/nfs it looks crummy on the settings I have to have for this computer, but LFS looks great!

Ranting... That I was. Flaming I would use direct descriptions of you in not so tasteful words. I offered up self criticism of myself and my country men by pointing out what is wrong with a lot of people these days. So don't think for one second that I believe I am better then human and not effected by what I have mention. I know because I try not to be that way. I know what effects me and I see what effects other people with experience. FYI I am still learning. I can use this thread to see that I come off a bit harsh and a bit of an arse. I have simply come to a point in my life where I understand my own weaknesses and will openly admit them. Though I take measures to try and rid myself of my short comings when I see the opportunity to do so. Be it in my personal life, hobbies or professional life as an outlet. In short I find in self criticism and criticism by others to be healthy after the truth is exposed and the I am in the know.

I offer the opportunity to anybody, including you, to ask for help with improvement. Despite the fact though you clearly haven't taken to time to find out what LFS all about before speaking. I still would offer advice in the realm of LFS to anyone that asks. And if my advice was incorrect I would expect to be told so. That is better for everyone. I simply love to see anybody try and better them self here in the LFS community, because the LFS community means a lot to me.. silly as that might sound to some..... my wife not excluded from that list. I take crap off her all the time for LFS. But hey.. we're married.

Sorry if my postings have offended you.

-Jay
-
(jrs_4500) DELETED by jrs_4500
Quote from jrs_4500 :I guess I misunderstood. That's what started all this.

Unfortunately I am a bit cryptic at times.

-Jay
Quote from jrs_4500 :I loved LFS, but compared to the other racing games out there, it's getting really old. Other games are more fun because they were DESIGNED to be fun. LFS is meant to be detailed and realistic. Not fun. However, it even fails in this respect- The cars have nothing on the bottom. NFS HP2, made back in 2002 has as good if not better car and track graphics than the 'latest and greatest', patch Z. The next patch has been put off until further notice due to lack of testing. I know this is some kind of transition period for LFS, but it's time for a change! (I'm going back to what is, at this point, the more realistic, more fun game until LFS has some SERIOUS updates) A progress report on the next patch would keep people like me somewhat interested. Anyone else agree?

Funny was pretty much what I was getting at about progress reports here just minutes ago: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53168&page=12

I mean no disrespect, I hope everyone Understands. This game/sim has always been about community. If you look at other big name games, it's usually pretty hush hush. It would seem as if The Devs here have done the same. There not very vocal, if at all lately. I been around for about 4 years now, and it's been really slow, and quite. It would seem a lot of people lost interest in the game which is a pity. This game deserves so much more attention then it gets. I'm not saying get a Publisher or whatever, but brew up some teasers, get people involved and maybe even get some private resallers. More traffic mean's more money, more fan, more attention and the the cycle restarts. I dunno much about the devs, I'm not always replying on the Forums, I do come look and read everyday, so I dunno if they don't have as much time for LFS anymore, But be a shame if this great experience withered away as it seems it has a little lately.

I've been vaguely keeping track of Players Online. I hope it's just me, but it's quite deppressing that is seems to be less and less every year...
Quote from jbirdaspec : IN a game that is meant for ONLINE racing. I use the word game loosely as I hardly consider it a game. BUT I DO FIND IT EXTREMELY FUN.

Online Track Car Racing to be precise. Street racing is considered racing, as is motorboat racing.
Quote from Intrepid :Thank god the DEVS haven't over developed the graphics otherwise they would drastically limit how many people can play the sim How many other sims can run 32 cars on 1 track, on a basic comp without MAJOR slow down?. IMO LFS's main benefit is it's lack of graphical updates!

Better physics YES please, but better graphics... i couldn't give a f%^k!

+1

IMO, the graphics are fine just how they are. Keep the Developers focused on updating/improving physics and adding tracks and cars.
if he didnt mention NFS it might not had been a post of failure
Quote from mrodgers :How exactly do you show only S2 servers? Is that new in the test patches? You can't filter for S2 only with Patch Z.

www.lfsworld.net >> Racers & Hosts online
Quote from go sideways :if he didnt mention NFS it might not had been a post of failure

LFS is completely different style of game to NFS. Both have thier weaknesses and IMO NFS (modificaton series, Underground, etc (UG2 is my fave!) is the more "fun" of the two. LFS is a simulation and there's only so much 'fun' you can have. Of course I'd play LFS over NFS but the point remains that NFS is the more "fun".
Quote from S14 DRIFT :LFS is completely different style of game to NFS. Both have thier weaknesses and IMO NFS (modificaton series, Underground, etc (UG2 is my fave!) is the more "fun" of the two. LFS is a simulation and there's only so much 'fun' you can have. Of course I'd play LFS over NFS but the point remains that NFS is the more "fun".

NFS is what I would call a 'buzz game', the sort of game you put on for a quick 15 mins blast. A lot or arcade racers fall into this category for me...good enough in short bursts, but playing through the pre-set story is just tedious.
#39 - Byku
Quote from Scawen :... as you know the Scirocco is the main priority at the moment then I think this year's focus will be physics, content and other things at the core of LFS which are important for all LFS racers.

So... we know what's the plan . At least Scawen will try to focus mostly on things he mentionet .
Quote from 5haz :NFS HP2 is finished, LFS is not.

That´s not an excuse. It doesn´t matter if there is an "alpha", "beta" or whatever tag on it. They´re selling it now and the updates are so few and far between that in practice it is finished. And at this rate when it will be called "finished" in 2015, it will be totally outdated anyway.
Quote from Bean0 :NFS is what I would call a 'buzz game', the sort of game you put on for a quick 15 mins blast. A lot or arcade racers fall into this category for me...good enough in short bursts, but playing through the pre-set story is just tedious.

Yeah, the storys tend to be pretty weak and the only reason you tend to 'play through them' is to unlock better things and gain extra MONEIS!
Quote :Anyway Arabic in LFS is not forgotten - I'm interested in supporting the right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew, after studying them at some point but I think it will still be a long time before these become a priority... as you know the Scirocco is the main priority at the moment then I think this year's focus will be physics, content and other things at the core of LFS which are important for all LFS racers.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1085272#post1085272
#43 - Byku
Hey i've posted that higher! Don't take all my fame .
#44 - th84
Quote from Kalev EST :That´s not an excuse. It doesn´t matter if there is an "alpha", "beta" or whatever tag on it. They´re selling it now and the updates are so few and far between that in practice it is finished. And at this rate when it will be called "finished" in 2015, it will be totally outdated anyway.

Sorry, Sir, but none of that matters. You have already paid your money.

Would you like a t-shirt? They are selling those now over at the LFS shop.
im enjoying this thread it making me laugh anit done that in ages.
-------------------
so my comments (some maybe off topic/saying things i should anit but i need sleep )
this isthe only racing game i really like. it cheap: Anyone can afford it. graphics are very good with a Intel graphics card

One thing i have noticed from comming from a NFSU2 forum/game the lfs Communate is much nicer. there isthe odd big head but that normal.

NFS games age very quickly because in 6 months time a new nfs will be out and yes it may have fantactic graphics etc but there is somthing with lfs that makes you want to stay and play and play.

I did buy NFS carbon. It felt as tho i was driving a car aided by the most confusing computer ever. in lfs your in control with no aids and feels right. that went back that day and got my money back!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah, the storys tend to be pretty weak and the only reason you tend to 'play through them' is to unlock better things and gain extra MONEIS!

The problem is that once you have done a few of the events/races, the rest are exactly the same. I truly cannot be arsed to complete the required amount of races in Burnout for the next level, even the routes don't change.
Quote from FlyeThemoon :What i hear in my neighborhood 4 days ago :P

KID 1.This is game is bad you little, steer you and you crash into wall and destroys car

KID 2. This is Simulation better then yours arcade shitty game

SO ....What is better, Simulation or Arcade ?

translation FAIL?
Quote from RaceUK :
Plus LFS is still in Alpha stages, I'm sure LFS will improve in the later stages of development

i would like to know if i aint a grampa until that will happen
Quote from Logicalx :It seems that alot of people are forgetting that LFS is still in EARLY development.... Its still in alpha stages and no where completed yet people are speaking of S3, when S2 aint even ****ing finished. I wish LFS could have more people and really step up the game and really produce more wicked detailing and more real life looking and what not but like all we have to wait to see what they produce, i cant wait for the future years to see how far it can go!.

Here comes the pain!

Stating LFS is only in an alpha stage won´t explain why some think it´s a little bit out of age. 6 years of development (including S1) and still alpha? I like the graphics, but they tend to look old after having played Burnout Paradise for a while (Beat me! I love Burnout since the first PS2 sequel!). I don´t know if I remember this right, but hadn´t Scawen said once, coding LFS to directx9 would take 4 weeks? Or was it someone else.

Next year, we will have directx11, so sticking to directx8 isn´t a feature for the future. I know, some will say, LFS isn´t even using the whole directx8 features, but you´ll have to change someday anyway. And you won´t be able to use pixel and vertex shader 3.0 sticking to directx8. LFS needs better lighting!

Whose playing directx7 titles today?

The alpha version of LFS is much more fun than most final versions of other racing games! But calling it alpha gives you more time for finishing, because if it was already beta, people would start crying about when the final version is gonna released.

Is LFS aging? A lot?
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG