The online racing simulator
Is LFS aging? A lot?
(231 posts, started )
Is LFS aging? A lot?
a
#2 - 5haz
NFS HP2 is finished, LFS is not.

I love the way you've tried to thinly disguise what is essentially another "OMG I'm leaving" thread as something more useful, nice try.
#3 - VoiD
:inq:

:slap:

:munching_
Quote from jrs_4500 :I loved LFS, but compared to the other racing games out there, it's getting really old. Other games are more fun because they were DESIGNED to be fun. LFS is meant to be detailed and realistic. Not fun. However, it even fails in this respect- The cars have nothing on the bottom. NFS HP2, made back in 2002 has as good if not better car and track graphics than the 'latest and greatest', patch Z. The next patch has been put off until further notice due to lack of testing. I know this is some kind of transition period for LFS, but it's time for a change! (I'm going back to what is, at this point, the more realistic, more fun game until LFS has some SERIOUS updates) A progress report on the next patch would keep people like me somewhat interested. Anyone else agree?

This post is full of fail. Did you ever think that maybe LFS being detailed and realistic is fun? That's pretty much why all of us play it. NFS having better graphics makes it more realistic? OK, you got me there, great point.
-
(jrs_4500) DELETED by jrs_4500
#5 - AMB
Quote from jrs_4500 :LFS is going a bit slower than NFS though. :P

And how many work on NFS compared to LFS?

BOOM OWNED.

/thread
#6 - 5haz
Go play NFS then!
Quote from jrs_4500 :The cars have nothing on the bottom.

I don't see that as an element of realism. It's like saying the engine isn't modelled if you can't see the cambelt moving when you pop the bonnet (or open the bonnet at all, in this case). It's simply not the point of a racing simulator.

5haz - avatar.
#8 - DCke
i think we liscensed racers should be more informed about the progress of the new path by LFS .

Regards FPRS DCke
Quote from jrs_4500 :Maybe the cars handle more realistically, but that's the only thing it has going for it.

This is the reason I won't ever play NFS (apart from the fact that NFS is shit, obviously). Sure the graphics don't have the unrealistic or cartoony bling of most of the opposition, and the car models don't waste much CPU time on the underside of the cars at the moment, but to claim it isn't fun when the whole reason many of us have played it for years is BECAUSE of the reasons you state it isn't fun.

Face it, LFS isn't for you. And probably never will be.

But the next patch and S3 can't come soon enough - as always.
the NFS crew is 23085340953734809758345 people.... the lfs is just 3 ..
lfs is in STAGE 2 of developement yea the graphics are not like race driver grid but i like them in some strange way if there was more people for developing lfs ...
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't see that as an element of realism. It's like saying the engine isn't modelled if you can't see the cambelt moving when you pop the bonnet (or open the bonnet at all, in this case). It's simply not the point of a racing simulator.

Yeah, agreed there. There's a point where it's not worth rendering anything else and the underside of the car is just one of those things.s
-
Quote from jrs_4500 :Maybe the cars handle more realistically, but that's the only thing it has going for it.

This guy is a troll, I can't believe someone would actually try and make this argument.
-
Actually, it's the main thing why we all (most of us) play LFS, isn't it? Because
Quote from jrs_4500 :the cars handle more realistically

than in the others games. :lfs:
#15 - ZisT
Less people play LFS from back when I first started playing
I can get 3 servers with people in now :/
#16 - Byku
This thread is pure ownage :bananadea... better lock couse it will go into rather nasty direction .
-
Quote from ZisT :Less people play LFS from back when I first started playing
I can get 3 servers with people in now :/

I see 35+ servers and my filter is setted up to show up only S2 servers.
. Open your eyes ...next time.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah, agreed there. There's a point where it's not worth rendering anything else and the underside of the car is just one of those things.s

I agree with you on the rendering part, but I think the cars should be completely modeled (including their underside and all external car parts, although I see no reason why the engine (internal part) should be 3D modeled). And when in-game, the underside (and also some other parts) should not be rendered depending on the situation.
i.e.: The underside should only be rendered if you can see it, otherwise it shouldn't be rendered at all. If the car is far from your point of view, do not render the underside. If the car is really very close to the point of view, but you can't actually see the underside, do not render it. If a person somehow manages to flip his car, it should be rendered.

Even though for now there's absolutely no practical use for rendering (or even modeling) it at all, IMO it's a detail that shouldn't be removed for "rendering optimizations", and could be used for further changes or additions in the game (I can't think of any right now, but it could have its use somehow ).

I don't think this is a problem though. I wouldn't mind if the underside would never be modeled (although I think it should ).

On Topic: I don't think LFS is aging, I wouldn't still be playing it if it was Of course I'm not playing it full time, but I've never played a game as much as I play LFS to a point where I still play it after so many years.
There's always something new to do on it..
It seems that alot of people are forgetting that LFS is still in EARLY development.... Its still in alpha stages and no where completed yet people are speaking of S3, when S2 aint even ****ing finished. I wish LFS could have more people and really step up the game and really produce more wicked detailing and more real life looking and what not but like all we have to wait to see what they produce, i cant wait for the future years to see how far it can go!.
LFS is kinda like a milf. Because it's aging doesn't mean it's not good anymore.
We can't say exactly that LFS is aging, because I think that most multiplayer games don't age as far they have a flexible gameplay that allow to the users to reinvent it. But there is no doubt that we've been without big updates for a while.

I believe that some "simple" details can reinvent LFS, as happened previously with features implemented. Every time that a new feature appears there is a rush to see what is that, and the fun of LFS is refreshed. Among those "simple" details (simple under quotes because they are indeed difficult to implement properly), I could point the Scirocco with fixed setup, engine and brake temperature, and maybe a improvement on tyre model. Not counting other obvious features that LFS lacks today, like weather changes during the race.

I also hate those cartoonish graphics, but LFS deserved better graphics, although I wouldn't exchange a better physics for better graphics.
Thank god the DEVS haven't over developed the graphics otherwise they would drastically limit how many people can play the sim How many other sims can run 32 cars on 1 track, on a basic comp without MAJOR slow down?. IMO LFS's main benefit is it's lack of graphical updates!

Better physics YES please, but better graphics... i couldn't give a f%^k!
Quote from Drift King CZ :I see 35+ servers and my filter is setted up to show up only S2 servers.
. Open your eyes ...next time.

How exactly do you show only S2 servers? Is that new in the test patches? You can't filter for S2 only with Patch Z.
Quote from tristancliffe :.... but to claim it isn't fun when the whole reason many of us have played it for years is BECAUSE of the reasons you state it isn't fun.......

....Face it, LFS isn't for you. And probably never will be.

If you take a look at jrs_4500 he has drove 291 miles and his best laptime is 10 seconds off the WR.....

The problem I see is too many people need instant gratification and are not will to put in the work to enjoy self accomplishment. 291 miles is a one night snack for me and a lot of other people around here as well. How can you possibly enjoy one of the most difficult PC games there is and then judge it only putting 291 miles online.. IN a game that is meant for ONLINE racing. I use the word game loosely as I hardly consider it a game. BUT I DO FIND IT EXTREMELY FUN.

Seriously seeing that this guy is from America doesn't surprise me one bit. A whole crap load of the people here can't see past the minute they exist in at that time and are willing to do nothing to better them selfs... This same attitude can be linked back to our current bank crisis. Impatient, lazy people ruin it for everybody. Not just from the rich but all the to the poor. Freakin' Bling, Bling and easy this gotta have in now attitude is that is all that anybody cares about anymore. THIS COMING FROM AN AMERICAN SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING. Not that we are the only guilty group of greedy people in the world because I'm sure there are plenty of others.

jrs_4500,

I am sure NFS will be popping out another sad game for you pick for the disposable console of your choice the near future. We will still be here enjoying all that DirectX8 Graphics can provide and one the best communities in existence. If at any point you feel the need to try, please come around and ask for help. We are more then willing to help you improve, if improvement is what you seek. We are not tolerant of your B.S. and crying like about graphics.. Go read some of my other posts where point out why game developers make crap like NFS. Then apply that logic this post. I hope that will shine some light on what I am getting at if you don't have enough information already to figure it out.

-Jay
Games Like Need for Speed, Race Driver Grid probably have a large team of developers working on it.

LFS has 3 developers..

Plus LFS is still in Alpha stages, I'm sure LFS will improve in the later stages of development

Is LFS aging? A lot?
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG