The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Well, I thought I saw in a video on youtube that it was based out of South Boston. Thanks for corecting me.
Quote from spyshagg :skip barber + Lime rock is awesome. But I don't really "feel" the radical and
madza. At least not when compared to the experience of barber.

The aero models of the Mazda and Radical have changed since the 1.2.0.0 version included in the torrent, they feel a lot different now.
I simply want to try this sim!
Quote from JeffR :I don't know when there is a point of diminishing returns. Is laser scanning versus GPS sampling that much better, especially over time and after a track has been repaved for a new season?

If the service catches on in a major way, I'm sure they will be rescanning tracks after major repavings. I think they have already talked about eventually rescanning Lime Rock.

Quote :Where does this real data come from? How many cars have most of the moving components instrumented and data captured during actual runs other than Formula 1 teams with their multi-million dollar budgets?

iRacing gather much of the data themselves. The AutoSimSport Kaemmer-Berwick interview had quite a lot of stuff about developing the vehicles. I'd guess that for many cars the aerodynamics data will be incomplete, but things like weight distribution, suspension curves and inertia values should be accurate.
I had the privalage today of trying this at my uncles who has iRacing.

Its very nice the realisem was mind blowing I drove the radical at Road america a blast!.
The graphics and car moddels were top notch.

But for that price il stil not buy it (il just visit my uncle more:tilt
since i cant afford it but if I could believe i'd buy emideatly!

And lest be honest the experience feels better when he has simcockpit with race seat most fun ive had in recent months
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I had the privalage today of trying this at my uncles who has iRacing.

Its very nice the realisem was mind blowing I drove the radical at Road america a blast!.
The graphics and car moddels were top notch.

But for that price il stil not buy it (il just visit my uncle more:tilt
since i cant afford it but if I could believe i'd buy emideatly!

And lest be honest the experience feels better when he has simcockpit with race seat most fun ive had in recent months

try the NetkarPro demo - awesome for free too
Quote from StableX :try the NetkarPro demo - awesome for free too

I already have it and yes its awsome but wrong thread
and im actualy going to buy netkar
Quote from racer hero :Well, I thought I saw in a video on youtube that it was based out of South Boston. Thanks for corecting me.

That was from the SRT preview of iracing. The guy (Darin I think) said, "Since FIRST is based in Boston, let's start with South Boston Speedway." I cringed a little. Otherwise it was a nice preview.
Quote from Danke :That was from the SRT preview of iracing. The guy (Darin I think) said, "Since FIRST is based in Boston, let's start with South Boston Speedway." I cringed a little. Otherwise it was a nice preview.

Yep, thats what confused me.
The Virginia International Raceway is pretty spectacular... I like it better than lime rock. And it has so many configurations. Two of them are 6.5km long
great

I just got ****ing lowered from 3.05 to 2.50 because two ****ing D class drivers can't drive worth shit.

I'm on the outside of one and they spin into me 4 IC

Second guy I'm following for 2 laps while he is making mistakes and weaving all over..he misses the turn in for this hair pin, goes way wide...I follow my normal line which is 1.5 car widths between us, and he turns straight down in front of me.

Goddamnit I hate this shit. I don't even want to race again, but now I have to grind my goddamn safety rating up to 3.0. This is going to take for ****ing ever and I only have 2.5 weeks to do it.

Oh, also I got black flagged after all this with 8 to go because I clipped the white line on the inside of the bend going towards the S/F at silverstone...The slow down warning didn't even come up until I hit the S/F...at which point it D/Qs me.

WONDERFUL
It sounds like you just need to boost your iRating a little bit. The stronger the field, the cleaner the racing gets. I never really see anyone make foolish moves, and my average SoF is only approaching 3000. The racing is super clean, and even though I'm not in there to beat guys like Volker Hackman and Luke Mclean, if I end up with incidents it's almost always my fault.

It might be worth it to grab a few easy podiums in some rookie solstice races just to give your irating a little bump, and that will help group you with cleaner drivers in the skip, mazda etc. And definitely stay away from the mazda if your iRating is in trouble.
Quote from titanLS :It sounds like you just need to boost your iRating a little bit. The stronger the field, the cleaner the racing gets. I never really see anyone make foolish moves, and my average SoF is only approaching 3000. The racing is super clean, and even though I'm not in there to beat guys like Volker Hackman and Luke Mclean, if I end up with incidents it's almost always my fault.

It might be worth it to grab a few easy podiums in some rookie solstice races just to give your irating a little bump, and that will help group you with cleaner drivers in the skip, mazda etc. And definitely stay away from the mazda if your iRating is in trouble.

yeah its just been a super rough season for me...I've basically just not done anything online...and every time I do my sr drops.

I mean I wouldn't be so upset if it didn't put me in a position not to be promoted...I'm a bit more calm about it now lol, I guess I'll just do some rookie or skippy races, maybe a few more mazda sessions. I don't even know if what I've done in the mazda is enough to be promoted. I'll probably put in some TT just to make sure. I've joined quite a few but haven't exactly finished them >.>

After all this bitching and moaning I can't help but love the sim still...I just can't wait for the DP, I hope its as good as I am expecting. Even how horrible my race went it was one of the funnest races I've been in for a long time. I finally found a circuit and tweaked a setup to fit me, and I'm not worried about being farther off of pole than I can be in other cars.

The only part that I really dislike is the length of the races. The only time I've had 45 minute races is in the bigger league races I was in. I am so not used to driving for 45 minutes or even an hour+. I am losing interest the higher I get in the sim because I just don't want to race that long.
I'd go jump in whatever car you're most comfortable in, and do some full length qual sessions. Forget about your time, just stay on track. Easy SR, especially if you're in danger of not being promoted. If your minimums are met for the season, I'd park the Mazda. Even poking around in that thing can get you in trouble. One little curb and your session is pointless.

Yeah I'm excited about the DP, even though I'm still D and will have to wait to race it. Lots of practice beforehand I guess. Mixed class 24h with Daytona and the C6R? At Sebring?! Yeah count me in.
wow o_o

14 laps in a Q session in the mazda with 1 incident is only worth .02 SR

Ran a 1:16.25 though :]
Quote from spanks :I am so not used to driving for 45 minutes or even an hour+. I am losing interest the higher I get in the sim because I just don't want to race that long.

same!
Quote from spanks :great
Oh, also I got black flagged after all this with 8 to go because I clipped the white line on the inside of the bend going towards the S/F at silverstone...The slow down warning didn't even come up until I hit the S/F...at which point it D/Qs me.

Been there earlier this season in Mazda, it sucks. Last lap of the race, last corner, bang DQ came for gaining no advantage whatsoever. Race over, 40 min efforts wasted

<whining>
Race durations and questionable INC-point system actually puts me off from participation in online events this season. Knowing the fact this may eventually only get worse (more strict INC formula + longer races) with career progression leaves not much optimism and anticipation really. Yesterday's LFS race helped me to realize how much I miss that kind of relaxed atmosphere and action packed wheel to wheel driving in iRacing. Fun factor traded for artificially overcautious racing.
</whining>

Online practice sessions with friends and thrilling TTs keeps me busy nevertheless. Thanks god for them.

Good luck with your SR recovery.
For those that are interested, the new build should be coming out within the hour.
The update have now lasted 2 hours and 48 minutes.

I hate pictures of cones
I know, I'm refreshing like mad.
They said 4 hours max so we should be getting close.
Updates in Lfs is max a minute or two !?

The americans send a man to the moon BUT !

EDIT :
And when the update is finished, mayhem will break loose. The ppl in the old countries, will be able to download the new stuff in 8 - 12 hours time
Houston we have lift off.
the website is trashed haha

I hope I can get everything going soon!

edit - wooo downloading

finally got to use this $50 prepaid visa haha
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG