The online racing simulator
Damages: ON or OFF?
(42 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want damages switching on/off?

Not at all
Have to improve damage physics first
Yes but only single player
Yes
Yes but only in S3 content
I want damage for the driver in the car. Broken arms and broken legs. Getting blind while racing.

Forgot to mention to add Pepperspray and flashbang for optimal racing.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I want damage for the driver in the car. Broken arms and broken legs. Getting blind while racing.

Forgot to mention to add Pepperspray and flashbang for optimal racing.

I think we should first start by making the driver get knocked unconscious after a crash.
I think that the damage to vehicles should be improved. Maybe not the body damage but engine, gearbox etc.
If the car hit something in front the engine or gearbox should work less effective.
But this or a similar topic has already been discussed.
Cheers
After 10 retries to do a nice race against the AI in the bf1 I realy want this feature. In 8 of the races I retired before t3 (either wrecked by AI or driving into stationary AI), in the two other it took a few laps.

Maybe single file rolling start could solve my frustration.
Has everyone forgot the original S1 so quickly?

I would like to see this so this idea gets a +1
No.

This would look too stupid. (for me)
My opinion is: the actual damage system is to forgiving, we need more damage
+1 here!

proper Suspension damage so that fern bay becomes a race-track, again - rather than a "bounce track". "Chicanes" really should retain some meaning
i think this is a good idea but have some servers also have the option of on and off damage in multiplayer. kinda like leagues. IF in multi. for single it will be cool for the noobs starting out. ive let 1 of my friends play this on 1 occasion and he cldnt stop crashing. pretty bad 1st impression for him, he never touched the game again.
Quote from ShUckErU :i think this is a good idea but have some servers also have the option of on and off damage in multiplayer. kinda like leagues. IF in multi. for single it will be cool for the noobs starting out. ive let 1 of my friends play this on 1 occasion and he cldnt stop crashing. pretty bad 1st impression for him, he never touched the game again.

Well this is partly the goal of the game : you **** up = you crash somewhere and your car is undriveable.

It's pretty much the same in real life

I think it shouldn't be in solo because as someone mentionned already : it wont train the "newbies" to race/drive clean, thus being a real wreck fest when in multiplayer..
Do not switch damages off!!!!!!!! Because then LFS will be NFS. UnknownMaster21 i hate you because of this thread.

Live For Speed is racing simulator in all aspects.

+1 - for improving damage model.
i think damage should always be on since if you want to practice you will have to know that hitting a wall isnt helpfull (for big newb - no offence to anyone)

driving a damaged car happen often (heated tyre, burned clutch or broken direction). if a guy witch always practice without damage how can he know how to drive a damaged car ?

just my opinion thx

drifty
Quote from heson :After 10 retries to do a nice race against the AI in the bf1 I realy want this feature. In 8 of the races I retired before t3 (either wrecked by AI or driving into stationary AI), in the two other it took a few laps.

Maybe single file rolling start could solve my frustration.

I think you need to practice if i cann do it you can. and im crap Thats racin Agenst AIs

--------------------------------

on topic
+1 for no
I dont really like the Idea as its a Simulator. and ragging the cars around a track is not racing. you need to practise to get things right and they dont come over night* and all racers in reall life make mistakes and crash( aka karting/ F1/ WTCC/BTCC. oh and when driving around in reall life and you hit a wall what happens?? ............... it takes some damage depending on the force of the crash

* Iv been racing on here now for about 6 months or so and when i race online I get laped about 3- 4 times beacause I try to keep on the track and not ver off the track in to asand trap or wall .
For information, the reset function is still available offline. That should provide more than enough comfort during the brief period when a newcomer understands what LFS is about, don't you think?
UnknownMaster21
Racername: [MTDZX]Master #21
MTDZX World Best LFS-Stunt Team

No surprise that you have idea to turn off damage in LFS.
Quote from Mille Sabords :For information, the reset function is still available offline. That should provide more than enough comfort during the brief period when a newcomer understands what LFS is about, don't you think?

youv hit the nail on the head ( its a british saying)

why did anit I think of that Cos i use it alot when on single player, but i try not to i try and get to the pits to repair
Quote from PioneerLv :UnknownMaster21
Racername: [MTDZX]Master #21
MTDZX World Best LFS-Stunt Team

No surprise that you have idea to turn off damage in LFS.

Welll, this is also called "proof poll". I gave you a question, you have answered and I see that you don't want to switch damages off. However, is it only me that I have realised about practising the car, easier to go and go again. Then after this one I realised that we have many kind of racers in this game, so at this moment I would vote NO...

Okay, I hope this is so clear that moderators can close this thread, The vote has spoken!

P.S. If you think, that I got this idea about making some stunts like "No Damage - No Fail" way, I would just say, it is for beginners only...

Next time think about what I am thinking, and read the first post...thank you.

Damages: ON or OFF?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG