The online racing simulator
Damages: ON or OFF?
(42 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want damages switching on/off?

Not at all
Have to improve damage physics first
Yes but only single player
Yes
Yes but only in S3 content
This nice but little feature would be an excellent for beginners, who wants to just feeling free and practicing a car before he/she is ready for simulator...

Why this idea?

People hates that driving first time, they cannot handle the car well and wants to practice it perfectly.

So, this suggest is for you and here is a poll:

Do you want to switch damages on & off ?

and yes, this is SUGGESTED before but cannot find a similar threads, so it is here now
I don't like the idea personally, as it wouldnt really help a beginner i dont think, as this would teach them is that they can just throw the car around corners and drive erratically, knowing that they won't damage the car.

Then once they turn the damage on, they will have to learn to drive properly so they don't break the car, so the damage might as well be there from the beginning.

As a not very good driver myself, i feel that you need to know from the beginning what will and what will not result in significant damage, and trying to drive accordingly.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I don't like the idea personally, as it wouldnt really help a beginner i dont think, as this would teach them is that they can just throw the car around corners and drive erratically, knowing that they won't damage the car.

Then once they turn the damage on, they will have to learn to drive properly so they don't break the car, so the damage might as well be there from the beginning.

As a not very good driver myself, i feel that you need to know from the beginning what will and what will not result in significant damage, and trying to drive accordingly.

hmmm yeah, well you found a problem. a very vey excellent problem, then we just would close and delete this thread because I think everyone has a same opinion
No. Damage should be on all the time! Because let's face it, if you're used to driving a car that won't get damaged, when you go to race and it does get damaged you'd be like "OMG". Besides, it's quite hard to crash your car in LFS during a race that it becomes undriveable, minor damage isn't really noticeable.

(dammit, beaten by Dan!)
Quote from s14 drift :no. Damage should be on all the time! Because let's face it, if you're used to driving a car that won't get damaged, when you go to race and it does get damaged you'd be like "omg". Besides, it's quite hard to crash your car in lfs during a race that it becomes undriveable, minor damage isn't really noticeable.

(dammit, beaten by dan!)

Quote from unknownmaster21 :hmmm yeah, well you found a problem. A very vey excellent problem, then we just would close and delete this thread because i think everyone has a same opinion

:d
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
(dammit, beaten by Dan!)

Im the slowest ever, that will be the only time i will ever beat anybody as it was pure luck! The same applies when racing.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I don't like the idea personally, as it wouldnt really help a beginner i dont think, as this would teach them is that they can just throw the car around corners and drive erratically, knowing that they won't damage the car.

+1, learn it right the first time.
i wonder how the thread poll will look like
Damage might teach lesser experienced drivers not to crash. Without it, drivers can just grind the rails at South City to their heart's content.
who voted Yes?
Probably The Very End. We know what he's like with crashing.
Quote from zeugnimod :+1, learn it right the first time.

Yep, and anyway damage is far too little as it is now. I'd also like to have better suspension damage so finally chicanes would have a real meaning in LFS.
need phisics,but better with crashes,more real
no way, mate. That option just ges against what LFS stands for, which is realism. Really, have you seen a car in real-life with a damage on/off button?
I would like to see some more options to go along with that :
- NOS : On/Off --> For more action during the race.
- Turbo Boost : On/Off --> To prevent collisions and train people for safety passing.
- EMP : On/Off --> To develop people's skills when an engine shut down happen.
- David Hasselhoff : On/Off --> Allow people to use the David Hasselhoff player hack, with early 80's hairstyle and leather jacket.

All of these not as a server-side option panel, but setup choices for the new car KITT (the old Pontiac, because the new Mustang is ricer, it has neonz in attack mode).

PS : I voted no, and to being serious this time, my post is in no way an attack (mode) to the OP, I just wanted to do a tribute to Hasselhoff. I think that options would be a bad idea, because in a lot of demo servers, damages would be turned off, thus it wont give the proper image of LFS to potential customers

PS2 : Remember : DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF !

EDIT : Damaging would be turned off instead of crashing. A crashing off mode would be good
Quote from Senninha25 :no way, mate. That option just ges against what LFS stands for, which is realism. Really, have you seen a car in real-life with a damage on/off button?

Have you seen a teleport on/off ?

I just asking your opinions, not reading any sarcasm
No, because it would just encourage banzai moves and crashing your way past people, not to mention hitting barriers in south city (so basically it'd be like Gran Turismo )

As mentioned, it wouldn't really help beginners either because damage helps you learn to drive without crashing.
Voted Not at all, because in the upper option i didn't like one word (improve physics FIRST). Physics I want to be improved but I do NOT want damage turning to be available cuz of the same reasons people mentioned above. And it's silly - if you can't drive don't ask for the whole game changed but just practice ...not that I can drive myself
No!!!!
Quote from Zen321 :I would like to see some more options to go along with that :
- NOS : On/Off --> For more action during the race.
- Turbo Boost : On/Off --> To prevent collisions and train people for safety passing.
- EMP : On/Off --> To develop people's skills when an engine shut down happen.
- David Hasselhoff : On/Off --> Allow people to use the David Hasselhoff player hack, with early 80's hairstyle and leather jacket.

All of these not as a server-side option panel, but setup choices for the new car KITT (the old Pontiac, because the new Mustang is ricer, it has neonz in attack mode).

PS : I voted no, and to being serious this time, my post is in no way an attack (mode) to the OP, I just wanted to do a tribute to Hasselhoff. I think that options would be a bad idea, because in a lot of demo servers, damages would be turned off, thus it wont give the proper image of LFS to potential customers

PS2 : Remember : DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF !

EDIT : Damaging would be turned off instead of crashing. A crashing off mode would be good

LOOOOOOL, godlike
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Have you seen a teleport on/off ?

I just asking your opinions, not reading any sarcasm

it is my opinion, I just couldn't express myself in other words. sorry if I sounded harsh with it.
I voted NO because i can only imagine how difficult it would be to implement this.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Probably The Very End. We know what he's like with crashing.

How you dare talking in me in a topic I have not yet noticed?
I am not sure what I think, I somewhat would like it, tho it would be kind of silly at same time..Well what the heck, I vote yes ^^
@OP: Ask yourself the question and you will find answers!

Is damage one of the reasons why you play LFS and not other titles, widespread on the market?
Damage as part of the "simulation" attempt that characterizes LFS?

If yes then the poll is no use.
If no you are beyond help here
Quote from Mille Sabords :
Is damage one of the reasons why you play LFS and not other titles, widespread on the market?
Damage as part of the "simulation" attempt that characterizes LFS?

If yes then the poll is no use.
If no you are beyond help here

that's exactly my point.

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG