The online racing simulator
Quote from DaveWS :For some reason I've suddenly got an oscilation of FFB through my steering wheel which becomes faster with speed. I'm sure it never used to be like that.... ????

Yeah I get the same as you Dave.

I'm sure its not flatspots as my front tyres never lock

I'll try fiddling with the FFB settings above tomorrow.
That, if i may be so bold, looks like poo in comparison to the way nKPros FF's handle. And i mean that in a completely non fanboy way

You see the way the guy drives it and the cars reactions in the real vid, and it's exactly the same as nKPro.

Now if only someone knew how to convert eastern creek for netKar.
Here are some more sounds then for the FF1600, using modifed samples and settings from the set Gills4life posted (with permission).

The thing which gets me about the original NKP sounds is that despite the samples being of terrible quality (distorted recordings etc), they aren't even properly matched pitch wise to the rpm of the engine. ATM 6000 rpm sounds like just over 7000 rpm. Obviously slightly higher revs sound better, but it's not at all a realistic way to do it.

Anyway, I've edited the .nke file, so that the pitch is now correct (I'm told Gills was planning on looking at this file too).

Here they are: http://www.mediafire.com/?jkaxmzvxjyb
Guys, don't assume you don't have a flat spot, just mount new tires and see if it makes a difference.
Great sounds Dave, thanks a lot!
I'm having a problem starting the actual game up.
After I've clicked the "race" to start a track day session, the game starts to load seemingly normally. But then the problems starts to occur. Firstly once the loading bar is almost complete (It sais it's loading cars/formula1600/shadow.nko) my wheel goes crazy with Violent shaking from left to right.
Now I know there should be a solution written on to this thread for that already. But the game never loads, all I have is the loading screen with some hints of audio in the background and my wheel trying to destroy my table.

I've tried to run it with different AA settings aswell with different resolutions all resulting in written above.

I'm trying to run the game with 8800GTS 320MB

Any tips to try out?
Someone reported the same problem at RSC, Jonesy

Three thing were suggested, but the guy never replied as to whether he got it working

"I'm not sure I have the answer to this, but based on what you've told me, I know that sometimes, my wheel will shake while my car is just sitting in the garage. Perhaps its a graphics problem, where the loading screen isn't disappearing?

This is just a guess, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to check to see if you have the latest graphics drivers, or even directx?"

"Check if the "Fullscreen" is ticked in the "Video settings"

"Try setting 'USEOPENAL' to 0 in nkpro.inii (located in cfg folder).

It could be that your sound card is not supporting OpenAL."

Of all those replys a graphics problem of some sort would seem to be the obvious culprit. iirc when you install nKPro it prompts you to install directX and something else, did you install both of those options?

If none of those suggestions worked then i suggest you post in the Technical Advice thread at the RSC netkar pro forum, attaching the log.txt file (in the logs folder)
Quote from Mattesa :Car looks a bit tight there...

Now here's rFactor's impersonation of that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6W1WEKumE&NR=1

Not that rF is perfect I will come to its defense here, firstly replay fidelity is very low in rF so you won't see the car working like it does when you are driving, a fundamental flaw with position based FF. Secondly, and more importantly, this is a typical very bad mod with weird physics, if tyres, suspension and car inertia are set wrongly the result will be pants.
Today the Dead Men Racing F1600 server is running in FULL MODE

A few basic tips for driving in full mode

You can only load a new setup in the wait time between sessions. Load the set you wish to use in a track day session before joining the server.

In qual make sure you have enough fuel for your inlap as well as your hotlaps. You must drive back to your pit stall. DONT escape to the pits....long penalty.

If you click on something in the setup screen that takes a long time to change you can return it to its original value to stop the timer.

Never crash!

Warning. Full Mode makes iRacing look like it has arcade features
I'm just joining the server if anyone is interested.
Quote from DaveWS :I'm just joining the server if anyone is interested.

I am very interested! However, nkpro doesn't work on these shitty school computers so you will have to wait for me to get home.

Still got another 50 minutes to go. :sadbanana
Quote from DaveWS :Anyway, I've edited the .nke file, so that the pitch is now correct (I'm told Gills was planning on looking at this file too).

Here they are: http://www.mediafire.com/?jkaxmzvxjyb

Nice sound DaveWS, but it seem to me deeper than sound in Easton Creek video.
Quote from DaveWS :I'm just joining the server if anyone is interested.

I am!

This will be my first full-mode-race... (thx for yor tips Moose)
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Nice sound DaveWS, but it seem to me deeper than sound in Easton Creek video.

That's the problem im having with them. They sound very good, but it sounds far too deep and too low revs compared to what I'm used to. I kept wanting to change down a gear when i didn't really need to.
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Nice sound DaveWS, but it seem to me deeper than sound in Easton Creek video.

The car in the Easton Creek video has a higher rev limit than the FF1600 in NetKar Pro. The FF1600 (at least in NKP) only revs to 5900 or so rpm, which is a very low redline.
Quote from ajp71 :Not that rF is perfect I will come to its defense here, firstly replay fidelity is very low in rF so you won't see the car working like it does when you are driving, a fundamental flaw with position based FF. Secondly, and more importantly, this is a typical very bad mod with weird physics, if tyres, suspension and car inertia are set wrongly the result will be pants.

Also the RL car is being driven on the edge in a professional race, whereas the rFactor driver doesn't seem to be one of the best in the world (if you watch they very rarely use all the track).
Ok, a have a few more issues now with the sim.

Firstly, collisions online. I know someone has mentioned this before, but the first time something strange happened was shortly after the lights went green in a race. I had a good run on someone, and he left enough room (just) for me to squeeze up the inside. However as I moved alongside, there was a collision, which glued our cars together, and I ended up flying off the track to the left despite steering right.

In other collisions, the damage you receive seems massively exaggerated to the extent even of iRacing. The tiniest of tap leaves your car almost undrivable.

Now, the most dissappointing flaw I have found so far, is a strange delayed weight transfer oversteer issue. It's almost like a tankslapper, but it happens after you have already finished correcting the slide. It only seems to happen on corner exits too, when you are really provoking the car.

I uploaded a video to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?11mjg4mozm3 and here's a youtube version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2k3p9NgJ0&fmt=18

In the video you can see me correcting oversteer on the exit of a corner. Now the car suddenly snaps to the right well after I have finished correcting the slide, and if you look closely my wheel is even turned to the left slightly when it happens!
The video shows to me Dave that the physics are almost there, just a bit exaggerated. I can see how a real car would of slid the way it did there for you in NKP but you were in a slide and then it just gripped and pulled you right.
It feels great, and looks great up until 6 seconds into the video, and momentarily everything is settled again. Then moments into 6 seconds in it's as if there is a "spin to right now" button which I've accidently pushed.

No vehicle I have driven in real life has ever behaved like this. No other sim I have ever driven has this behaviour either.
I'm hearing a rpm spike at around 5 seconds right before the car starts to go right. Perhaps you got some wheel spin when you went to throttle that you didn't correct for. Seems like the car hadn't really stopped sliding when you went for the gas.

Edit: Hmmm... or rather, the car hadn't settled actually down yet when you stopped giving left steering.
That was a bump, but that occured well before the oversteer to the right. I was on full throttle for most of that slide, so that isn't the cause. I've never had any issues correcting slides in LFS or iRacing FWIW.

The thing is, the car was completely settled, planted, corrected etc well before the sudden snap to the right. It's like a massively delayed weight transfer or something.
David Guest is teh ugliest man alive, I can't stand the sight of his ****ing face anymore.
Quote from BlueFlame :David Guest is teh ugliest man alive, I can't stand the sight of his ****ing face anymore.

Wheres the love, man?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG