The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :You praise NKP too highly Moose, it's not THAT good... I own both NKP and LFS and they are both as mediocre as each other.

I don't like NKP any more. It doesn't have cruise servers
Quote from StableX :I don't like NKP any more. It doesn't have cruise servers

How else can I play a car simulator and listen to music?
bought NKP, fucked it and went for it, the other cars are a joy to drive. only thing worrying me is that there are, in the whole of NKP, 7 players online at the present moment. Fair enough its a saturday night, but if i jumped on LFS i could get a decent race. the server browser is also a disgrace. not sure it was worth my 35 quid.
Quote from The Moose :Roll on the leagues

Gawd I hope there will be a good solid player base, lasting well into the future, for pick up racing.

Don't have the time nor (more importantly) the speed to run in a league.
Quote from BlueFlame :You praise NKP too highly Moose, it's not THAT good... I own both NKP and LFS and they are both as mediocre as each other.

Your welcome to your opinion. nKPro is as far from mediocre as it gets imo. Its the best sim I've ever driven. LFS has given me a huge amount of pleasure over the last few years, but i have the feeling i'll never fire it up again now.

If nKPro and LFS are mediocre, iRacing will be happy to take your money. They are the only three sims that are worth playing if the important stuff like pyhsics and force feedback is what your after. If between those three sims your not happy then your not a sim racer.

Quote from DeKo :bought NKP, fucked it and went for it, the other cars are a joy to drive. only thing worrying me is that there are, in the whole of NKP, 7 players online at the present moment. Fair enough its a saturday night, but if i jumped on LFS i could get a decent race. the server browser is also a disgrace. not sure it was worth my 35 quid.

Its been non stop racing all day. No point comparing it to LFS, its been going for 6 (?) years. nKpro has effectivly been going for a week as far as pickup racing goes. Building a community and spreading the word will take time. All i know is there are more people playing it every day.

Quote from Mattesa :Gawd I hope there will be a good solid player base, lasting well into the future, for pick up racing.

Don't have the time nor (more importantly) the speed to run in a league.

As above, it will take time to build up slowly. As Kunos himself said, nKPro was designed for league racing. The only way to get more pickup racing is to spred awareness of nKPro in whatever way you can.

What's worse, it doesn't have CTRA.
Quote from w126 :What's worse, it doesn't have CTRA.

YES, StableX it does not have CTRA

Stu, I actually like em both. They both bring something different. LFS is the best allround package. And nKPro gives an experience
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Stu, I actually like em both. They both bring something different. LFS is the best allround package. And nKPro gives an experience

Absolutely. I'm not knocking LFS at all.
It does so many things that nKPro would do well to learn from. But from the 'feeling of driving a racing car' point of view they are in different leagues. The level of immersion i get from nKPro is what i personally want from a sim. You simply dont get that from LFS.

LFS remains top of the pile for so many things. Ease of use, 24/7 racing, great admin tools,lots of cars, auto skin downloads and set sharing. All fantastic features, better than anything else on the market by a long way

But i dont get the same buzz from driving the cars as i do in nKPro, and for me thats the main thing.

I'm still waiting to hear what the great non mediocre sims are that Blue Flame is racing. I'm excited at the prospect of finding out about these great sims that i've never heard of

An update on fixes being worked on and future plans for nKPro will be posted by Kunos at RSC later today
I'd get immersed in NKP easily if the sound engine was improved and the collision models weren't as wide as Michelle McManus. It puts me off, you get anywhere near somebody, and you've lost your front wing or you've rammed them off.

All sims are about immersion. It doesn't matter how the physics ACTUALLY pan out, everyone liked GTR when that came out (ok maybe not TristanCliffe) because it was immersive, whether the cars felt like real cars or not, they sounded like real cars there was a sense of refinement in the modelling of the cars, the cockpits and the sound etcetera. I just feel you have too much praise for NKP. I know you're a fast racer, faster than I'll ever be, so I know most of what you are saying is bound to be true but I find NKP just as immersive as LFS. No ok, that's a lie, it immerses me more than LFS but I want more immersion than even that of what it already gives.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'd get immersed in NKP easily if the sound engine was improved and the collision models weren't as wide as Michelle McManus. It puts me off, you get anywhere near somebody, and you've lost your front wing or you've rammed them off.

I've not encountered this yet with the final release of 1.03, but it was certainly noticeable in beta. Kunos said he couldn't completely fix it for this release, but made some last minute changes which seemed to have worked really well. See this pic for proof

It seems it has a lot to do with the prediction code still. I've driven really close , wheel to wheel with people on the well set up servers with low pingers on it and it was fine. But i have indeed seen examples of what you are describing, so its obviously still not right.

Kunos is completely rewriting the netcode/collision box etc in the coming months, so it will get a lot better.

Quote from BlueFlame :All sims are about immersion. It doesn't matter how the physics ACTUALLY pan out, everyone liked GTR when that came out (ok maybe not TristanCliffe) because it was immersive, whether the cars felt like real cars or not<snip>

I know what your saying, but immersion is different things to different people i guess. You can have the best sounds/cockpits/whatever in the world, but if the pyhsics dont cut it (and they certainly dont in any ISI sim imo) then i dont feel immersed at all, because an immersive sim to me makes you feel like your in control of a racing car. GTR and the rest just dont do that for me. I've been having a drive in GTRevo recently. Its all very well done, but i dont feel in the slightest bit connected with the cars, so the immersion goes out the window. You feel like your playing a game, not driving a racing car.
Quote from The Moose :

I remember that race!!! The shot straight after was both cars doing an LFS collision ballet in the Sky with a triple salco
Quote from The Moose :You feel like your playing a game, not driving a racing car.

That's how I feel with NKP.
Quote from StableX :I remember that race!!! The shot straight after was both cars doing an LFS collision ballet in the Sky with a triple salco

Troll.

I can't get consistent enough yet to drive monaco...... really good fun if you can avoid the sides though.... I'll stick to trying to beat Moose on Spa in the 1600 .
Quote from The Moose :
Kunos is completely rewriting the netcode/collision box etc in the coming decades , so it will get a lot better.

Corrected for you.
Quote from Shotglass :
2) shifting up is completely hit and miss for me the only way to get remotely consistent shifts is by using a button clutch (and even that doesnt always work for reasons i cant work out at all)
3) the button clutch doesnt work with autoclutch on for reasons i cant figure out either

i read the manual which came with 1.0.3 but nowhere did it mention what 'clutch speed up' and 'clutch speed down' mean?
i have tried auto-clutch and G25 clutch and there seems to be no difference between the min (50ms) and the max (1000ms). does this only apply to button clutch?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I call it being realistic, not trolling.

Shut up, you don't know what your talking about. You appear to be living in the past.
Haven't you heard? It's his job to derail threads with his one line comments. :hide:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Haven't you heard? It's his job to derail threads with his one line comments. :hide:

Like that one? Troll.
Quote from The Moose :Shut up, you don't know what your talking about. You appear to be living in the past.

Well, given the past development speed I think it's pretty fair to assume that there won't be another patch anytime soon.

Of course the world is full of surprises, for instance I never expected that nkp would ever reach v1.03
Quote from The Moose :I wasn't surprised at all.

I assume you have great trust in people having a short memory there are sure good things in nKp but as a sim is far less complete than LFS or iRacing are. Buying it is like investing on the promise of it becoming better - and when one has been burnt (or others have), certainly one can't complain about the lack of warnings.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a good part of the thousand new guys on nKp, were actually new drivers who never heard of nKp or simracing before.

LFS might be plodding along with its slow release cycle, but at least it has a decent track record. Kunos OTOH... let's just say that rebuilding one's reputation can be harder than to make a new image from scratch

I'm certainly going to try 1.0.3 - 1.0.2 worked well on my machine and despite some oddities and the interface (which is frankly nothing less than junk), I liked the FFB. No hurry to rush out and get it though.

Quote from The Moose :Kunos is completely rewriting the netcode/collision box etc in the coming months, so it will get a lot better.

That gave me a bad feeling Let's just hope you're right - more competition should benefit us all.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG