The online racing simulator
Oh God, I don't want to be known as the idiot who ruined everyone's nkpro sounds. :sadbanana
Quote from BlueFlame :Haven't a clue. I was on a server so I asked why my sound was like this, and some Belgian guy said all sound updates have this bug

Not true.
None of the sounds packs i had in 1.02 were any problem online.

Don't trust Belgians!

(just a joke all you Belgians! calm down )
Quote from The Moose :Not true.

Don't trust Belgians!

That's in 1.02, so in all fairness, you can't state that it's not true..
Quote from The Moose :Not true.

Don't trust Belgians!

Then do you have any idea what the problem is now? All I have done is change wav samples.
Quote from BlueFlame :That's in 1.02, so in all fairness, you can't state that it's not true..

Ahh, i only referred to 1.02 as i wasn't aware of any other sound packs, apart from Gills, for 1.03
Quote from spyshagg :Its a setup thing. The brake ratio 63% to front wheels is too low. The rear always locks.

just change it to your preference. I have 70% to front wheels.

Right, I did change it up 5 or 6% last night, but it didn't make much difference. I'll crank it up a bit more today, thanks
It's very odd seeing servers with drivers in NetKar hope it continues! lovin the new patch. Massive improvements. Obviously certain little bugs here and there, but that is to be expected I guess
For you Gills
Quote from Finnro(from RSC) :that is no bug. I have found the reason. The sounds offhigh, high, low, med, med_off must be saved with 16 bit and as mono sounds. Now it works.

The driving standart in the F1600 servers is real bad i cant even dop a piecefull drive.

Maybe they al stopped on the track becaus i was driving while naked:hide:
Quote from Chrisuu01 :The driving standart in the F1600 servers is real bad i cant even dop a piecefull drive.

Its a bit shitty, but thats typical demo driving standards im afraid. I expected nothing less in these first few days on the 1600 servers tbh.
you drive the 1600 demo car but when you step in to the Ftarget on SPA it's a very different beast......

Also funny how the gear changes in the demo car don't always go through as it used to be in the old Formula Ford's back when but with the Ftarget it's a lot easier to be smooth
Well I downloaded 1.0.3 yesterday, installed it just now, copied my license/drivers folders across and started reading this thread, but now after reading this thread I don't know if I can be bothered to get my wheels out of the loft to give it a try.

I think I've remembered how disappointing it was last time.
If you're that intent on hating before trying, don't bother
Quote from NotAnIllusion :If you're that intent on hating before trying, don't bother

That's not what I said. It means pulling my wheels out of storage and setting them up, and looking at the responses in this thread it doesn't seem like it's worth that much effort.

Moose: Any idea when 1.0.4 is coming out?
Quote from ajp71 :This is typical of why I hate nK, there used to be a perfectly good visual way of selecting a skin that made sense but he just had to remove it

it gets worse
the ffb and driving position/fov settings are part of the setups now so that every time you get a setup from someone else you have to spend a minute to set everything back to your preferences again (which of course also requires you to remember what setting you happen to like)

and if that wasnt bad enough he somehow got it into his head that what iracing does is a good idea and we should all have to run a completely unrelated application (browser) to play netkar (which btw doesnt like alt tabbing at all so i have no idea how thats supposed to work out)

he admitted that hes pretty bad at designing guis but i kind of get the impression that he doesnt think his ideas through to the end

Quote from thisnameistaken :Moose: Any idea when 1.0.4 is coming out?

you might want to spend the time saved by not fetching your wheel on producing an heir to your nkp licence
Well, I think it is very good and worth trying.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well I downloaded 1.0.3 yesterday, installed it just now, copied my license/drivers folders across and started reading this thread, but now after reading this thread I don't know if I can be bothered to get my wheels out of the loft to give it a try.

This is novel Kev, when did you start taking notice of stuff written in this forum. I thought you formed your own opinions and they took notice of you!
Anti-aliasing is a hit or miss. Same with anisotropic filtering...
Doesn't work. 4x is still jaggied.

Why cant he let the drivers decide what to use? I want to use heavy filters like supersampling etc, but doesn't work.

I hate jaggies.
roffle moment of the day. Try the fastest car in nk, take all arb off from front and put something like 20 arb on the rear. Exit pits, accelerate and turn and check out how much suspension travel the bloody thing has on front. At least 30cm! I almost roffled to death myself

(other than that, I somewhat like the new fastest car although the driving model is still extremely "metallic" or "hard")
Quote from spyshagg :Anti-aliasing is a hit or miss. Same with anisotropic filtering...
Doesn't work. 4x is still jaggied.

Why cant he let the drivers decide what to use? I want to use heavy filters like supersampling etc, but doesn't work.

I hate jaggies.

I just set it all in nHancer and turn it off in nKPro. Works fine.

@Kev. Ignore the crap written in here and try it. The response at the hate filled hellhole that is RSC has been overwhelmingly positive. That says a lot.
I know a load of LFS drivers that are now driving it and loving it.

Its not perfect by any means, but it's 10x better than it was.

1.04 is being worked on as i speak. Kunos is working on the issues that have arisen in this release. ( none of them show stopping by any means)
The only bad thing about this release is the crappy standard of driving by the noobs. Lastplace are running some servers that have been great today. Good drivers, great racing.
New science: the front arb controls the roll of front axle. No front arb: makxsimum roll (and rofl):

(jokes aside, there is something sick wrong with the front suspension in nk in the fastest single seater? It's like the front suspensions, or springs are connected together but not to the car which makes the front suspension act like the frot axle ones used on tractors. The springs should counter that movement but they don't which makes the front suspension sick wrong imho)

All I changed was front arb to 0. I didn't even use brakes, I just put that text o the screenie to make it more roffle. The suspension did not break orwas broken to start with either.
Do I have to open a port or something to be able to see all multiplayer servers? I can see some servers but it says they are only 23 of 224 servers. How can I see the other 200 servers?

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG