The online racing simulator
LFS WMP, LFS Winamp & LFS iTunes
(200 posts, started )
Quote from shaun463 :Turn off security? Or maybe you have a virus?

Thanks but not turning off security and because I don't turn off security I am sure I do not have a Virus
Quote from Andy King :Hi,
Still not working O/S Windows XP x64 will that make a difference.

Edit: Just tried LFS WMP and that crashes with the windows reporting error signature

What version of the .Net framework do you have installed?
Hi,
It says 3.5 in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs as not sure where else it would tell me.
It says 3.5 in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs as not sure where else it would tell me.

I'm guessing its an X64 issue, There have been known .Net issues with X64 (Programs compiled on a NON X64 then run on a X64 machine, dont work). I will do some research and try get a friend to try it on his X64 machine. I'll let you know what I find.
THANKYOU
Please, There is no need for huge red text. I had a friend try it on his machine(x64), and it worked fine. I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment, Although I will keep trying to find out.

[Edit] Spoke to someone else, They are fairly positive its to do with your operating system, Not with my program. I will still continue digging though.
Hi,
LFS WinAmp loads, connects and shows buttons in LFS. Play button doesn't play winamp tho.
I can't get it to load my Winamp playlist either...Any ideas? I didn't try dragging a playlist onto the program directly though
LFS Winamp and LFS iTunes work a lot different to LFS WMP. LFS WMP is its own independent media player that uses the WMP runtime. LFS iTunes and Winamp only control your existing player from within LFS.

DieKolkrabe: Try load a playlist in Winamp then control it via LFS Winamp.

Andy King: Try restarting Winamp then loading LFS Winamp. Also make sure LFS Winamp connects to LFS InSim or else it wont even get to the part of trying to find Winamp.
Hi,
Done that I get the display in LFS, and connection says connected, all the buttons work, Play, Pause etc etc but they do not control WinAmp, seems like its not talking to WinAmp. Sorry
Done that I get the display in LFS, and connection says connected, all the buttons work, Play, Pause etc etc but they do not control WinAmp, seems like its not talking to WinAmp. Sorry

Not acutally sure what you can be doing wrong tbh. No one else has reported issues with LFS Winamp. I have also tested it myself using the lastest version of winamp and it works fine (See attachment).
Attached images
LFSWinamp.PNG
Hi,
Re-Installed WinAmp Pro, still no joy. I have a WinXP 32 bit laptop so I installed LFS, WinAmp and LFS WinAmp works fine.

mmm now I am puzzled. I have Microsoft .Network v3.5

Sorry for sounding rude, but is there any new's about Foobar being implemented into this insim?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Sorry for sounding rude, but is there any new's about Foobar being implemented into this insim?

Tbh, I'm not sure If I will ever do one. Mainly because there is no SDK for Foobar that is in C#. I would have to make all the functions myself, and lets just say. That isn't easy..

I'll have a little play with Foobar and see If I can make a SDK for it. Its not a major media player really, So there isn't much around for it(Programming wise). Like I say, I'll have a little play and let you know.

[Edit] - You don't sound rude, Don't worry.
i cant get this working, i unzipped the file to a folder, then opened lfs, clicked LFS iTunes.exe and it opened my itunes but the program said Connection Status: Failed.

EDIT: Got it working accidentaly - nice
@ Andy King:

Sorry for bumping up this thread - the reason why its crashing (I've just had the same issue) is because there's a multiplayer admin pass set in multiplayer/start new host - just set this to blank and it will work
A little bump to this thread. I do plan on updating these programs now I have more spare time, but i'm wondering if people have any ideas as to how I should update it. I plan on rewriting the whole program and also removing the .dll as I mentioned before. Thats why if you have any features that you want added I need to know now so I can work around them, and make them as good as possible. Thank you.
One thing I thought of was a button that you click to get this:

/me is listening to <song name> - <artist>

That would be pretty cool, tho maybe a bit spammy if too many people use it :P

And I dunno if its possible, but making it control WMP/iTunes or whatever when its running in the background rather than making it do it itself.
@Jack: That button would be absolute simple code!
Quote from J@tko :One thing I thought of was a button that you click to get this:

/me is listening to <song name> - <artist>

That would be pretty cool, tho maybe a bit spammy if too many people use it :P

Quote from shaun463 :@Jack: That button would be absolute simple code!

Quoted for truth. Also, Jack what do you mean about:
Quote from J@tko :
..And I dunno if its possible, but making it control WMP/iTunes or whatever when its running in the background rather than making it do it itself.

I can't seem to figure out what you mean lol. Care to elaborate?
i got issu
i got issu with the LFS WMP. If i got a radio file it works but ingame when i go in the view of driver it says this ''InSim : first byte in packet does not match size'' (over and over and over) and the URL radio does not work at all and says the same thing?
Attached images
LFS WMP issu.JPG
Hi!, Very good joob.

But... can you create a Volume control Button in the LFS WMP?
Music sound very loud, and i can't hear my car sound.

Thanks.
Quote from mcgas001 :And I dunno if its possible, but making it control WMP/iTunes or whatever when its running in the background rather than making it do it itself.

i think he means a way to control WMP from in-game instead of having the LFS WMP using the playlist... i think :P

EDIT: OMFG! just noticed... DAMN THAT POST WAS OLD! :P
Sorry for the huge bump, but is there any way of adding a volume controll on the lfs-wmp?

It is way to loud for my liking, but other than that I love it
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :Sorry for the huge bump, but is there any way of adding a volume controll on the lfs-wmp?

It is way to loud for my liking, but other than that I love it

how do you even run it? sorry for the off-topic.

LFS WMP, LFS Winamp & LFS iTunes
(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG