The online racing simulator
Quote from wien :If your car makes that kind of artificial noise when changing gear, something is terribly wrong. It's just *boink* and you're in another gear with correct revs. No sign of the engine struggling or the clutch slipping as the gear engages.

Quote from 5haz :
Of course the sounds other than the engines sounds are rather laughable, but then so are the sounds in LFS.

I've just tried the new demo, arghh, they've broken the sounds, is that what this scazatto thing is about?

At least they let you have all the tracks as compensation, and the physics are better, hurrah, but now my car sounds like a petrol lawnmower!
Quote from Mattesa :
I don't know why I feel like I should thank the beta team...

Feel free to send money.
Atleast it sounds far better when the tyres scrub and skid.
Okay i ficed it netkar is quite a nice sim im liking it
There are only 2 things that make me wonder if I should buy it:
- The lack of content
- No IA (I'm a slow driver and sometime I need to do a race that doesn't end in a frustrating way )
Okay, tried the new demo. I am now intrigued. Severe lack of content though in the full package.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Okay, tried the new demo. I am now intrigued. Severe lack of content though in the full package.

Indeed. (Though its kept me amused for 2.5 years )

Grab the addon tracks. (links posted in this thread a page or so back)

The Fiat Abath is coming, along with the Ossela and hillclimb track. New (official) race tracks are coming as well.

It's not like it was, everything is now being worked on properly. The extra content is coming

Just like iRacing, its not for everyone. Value for money is a personal thing. I'm far happier to pay my £25/30 for this and accept the slow development (which is now definitely speeding up) than to fork out for iRacing.
Gotta try the demo right now =). First sim after LFS which interests me.
Quote from The Moose :Indeed. (Though its kept me amused for 2.5 years )

Grab the addon tracks. (links posted in this thread a page or so back)

The Fiat Arbath is coming, along with the Ossela and hillclimb track. New (official) race tracks are coming as well.

It's not like it was, everything is now being worked on properly. The extra content is coming

Just like iRacing, its not for everyone. Value for money is a personal thing. I'm far happier to pay my £25/30 for this and accept the slow development (which is now definitely speeding up) than to fork out for iRacing.

I'd buy NKP if it weren't nearly the cost of 1.5 PS3 games for me right now. I wish I'd have bought it on my first impulse, rather than 3 years down the road. :P
Okay online at crema italy WTF??
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Okay online at crema italy WTF??

Crema isn't officially supported online. It's a test track with only one garage.

There is a workaround which ill post when i find it.

EDIT: I've asked if its ok to post the "fix" for Crema. I'll get back to you when i get an answer.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'd buy NKP if it weren't nearly the cost of 1.5 PS3 games for me right now. I wish I'd have bought it on my first impulse, rather than 3 years down the road. :P

36.00 EUR

=

61.8119 CAD

That's not too bad. Pricey but not exhorbitantly so.

Quote from The Moose :Feel free to send money.

C'mon now. The sense of smug satisfaction you get from winning the appreciation of this particular fellow LFS-er is worth much more than mere monies.
Quote from Mattesa :
C'mon now. The sense of smug satisfaction you get from winning the appreciation of this particular fellow LFS-er is worth much more than mere monies.

You're absolutely correct

To be honest I've been amazed at the positive reaction both here and at the Retards Social Club.

Sure, its not finished, not perfect and has some silly bugs still, but for a virtually 1 man effort with next to no budget it's great to see so many people saying they prefer it to the $20,000,000, 5 year project that is iRacing. Cant get higher praise than that.
Hm, I checked it the other day (Mattesa) and I read (on PayPal) nearly 75$, so I basically went "Ok, no..."
Just tried it, and it seems better, car is much more planted now and doesn't seem to have the dodgy 90DEG snap oversteer that 1.02 had.

On another note, has damage been removed?
Quote from danowat :Just tried it, and it seems better, car is much more planted now and doesn't seem to have the dodgy 90DEG snap oversteer that 1.02 had.

On another note, has damage been removed?

I never saw that 90 degree snap oversteer after 1.01

I can confirm, after getting taken out in a noob frenzy, that damage is definitely on (though its not as sensitive as in previous versions)
I have this weird problem. My wheel (Momo racing wheel (black) has some kind of "bug". I have like brake and throttle axis the same, that wasnt on my old computer (i use now laptop for a week). Netkar pro detects steering wheel and throttle + brake pedal, but Nkpro uses same axis for brake and throttle, what can i do for that? (updated newest drivers already) Same thing was with LFS that steering had own axis, but Gas/Brake used same. Can someone help with this?

Edit: Finally got it working, but the FF is just CRAZY
Quote from The Moose :I can confirm, after getting taken out in a noob frenzy, that damage is definitely on (though its not as sensitive as in previous versions)

Definately nowhere near as sensitive, I hit a wall hard at 100mph and all I got was a "wing damaged" notification

What happened to the wheels coming off?
Quote from EliteAti :I have this weird problem. My wheel (Momo racing wheel (black) has some kind of "bug". I have like brake and throttle axis the same, that wasnt on my old computer (i use now laptop for a week). Netkar pro detects steering wheel and throttle + brake pedal, but Nkpro uses same axis for brake and throttle, what can i do for that? (updated newest drivers already) Same thing was with LFS that steering had own axis, but Gas/Brake used same. Can someone help with this?

Whel for throttle and brake the maximum and minimum need to be drifrent for those 2 becaus if i have combined brake and gas peddal they are kind of beighn in eithoters way
Quote from danowat :What happened to the wheels coming off?

Maybe Kunos read Tristans thoughts on the wheels coming off.
Quote from EliteAti :I have this weird problem. My wheel (Momo racing wheel (black) has some kind of "bug". I have like brake and throttle axis the same, that wasnt on my old computer (i use now laptop for a week). Netkar pro detects steering wheel and throttle + brake pedal, but Nkpro uses same axis for brake and throttle, what can i do for that? (updated newest drivers already) Same thing was with LFS that steering had own axis, but Gas/Brake used same. Can someone help with this?

Don't you have a "combined axis" or similar checkbox in the wingman settings like on the DFP/G25? Make sure that's unchecked.
This drives very well.

Technically the graphics arent "bad", but some artistic choices make them feel like night driving with a blue sky on top. This is because the asphalt is always shiny. Its always on the top of the grey scale (almost white). It overpowers everything. Eveything seems dark because of it.

Can we replace the asphald texture or disable the shader that makes it always shiny?

This game really needs an artist to correct the color composition of the tracks.
Just had a play online. I'm getting quicker, but I'm way off on consistency. I've got LOADS of midcorner understeer, but if I even so much as touch the brake midcorner to slow and tighten my line the car goes into oversteer that is almost impossible to catch.

But I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment. It IS improved (even if I've had over a dozen error messages - it hasn't actually crashed yet!). The sound and force feedback aren't quite as nice as in LFS, but getting better. Most of the issue is probably with my settings and my car setup though. Not managed to get my clutch pedal to work yet either.

Actually missing the suspension damage. Not the horrible 'rotating freely' wheels, but the whole sensitivity thing (but toned down a notch from initial release). Haven't flat spotted my tyres yet, so can't really comment on the implementation of that yet.

I think what I need is a decent setup for the 2000 or Target. Jaaps defaults are not what I'd call good

Oh, and the setup stuff still isn't realistic. The 2000/Target working at 40mm/60mm ride heights??? I think not. I REALLY want to know if the car IS running at 40/60 or if the datum point used isn't the very bottom of the car. It should be more like 15/40 (or thereabouts).

But anyway. Going to download Snett again and have a play for a bit longer. Annoyingly, I'm supposed to be painting my hallway right now, but this is more fun.
and in other news satan just froze to death

will try in a sec... not a chance of me buying it but still worth a try i suppose
Man, the handling of that sim is totally different then LFS, And i still prefer LFS. But Netcoding of NKpro is just brilliant, If LFS had no latency net...

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG