The online racing simulator
Some new ones =)
Attached images
XRT Dark Knight 01.jpg
XRT Silver Bullet 01.jpg
Quote from T.J. :Some new ones =)

the second one looks really bad quality or something...
I know.. Uploaded wrong picture -.- And the fine quality one is gone =(
Quote from migf1 :Guys, I need some help. I've posted the same question in the appropriate thread a while ago (emustang asked the same question) but nobody answered. So I thought I might get lucky if I post it here too

In short, I want to get rid of the unwanted environment reflections from car (see the white street line in the attached screenshot). The environment is a jpg file and the ground material is Matte/Shadow.

On another note, where do I set the intensity/brightness etc of the sky light in Brazil 1.2? I didn't find anything related in the Luma Server.

Thanks in advance.

PS1. 3ds Max 9 with Brazil r/s 1.2x
PS2. I'm aware that the car is oversized and sunk into the tarmac in the screenshot

To get rid of the reflection plane above the car, select it, then either press Del button on KB, or right click and select 'hide selected' option.

For the light in the Luma server you need to change the value from 1.0 to your desired value.
Quote from migf1 :Guys, I need some help. I've posted the same question in the appropriate thread a while ago (emustang asked the same question) but nobody answered. So I thought I might get lucky if I post it here too

In short, I want to get rid of the unwanted environment reflections from car (see the white street line in the attached screenshot). The environment is a jpg file and the ground material is Matte/Shadow.

On another note, where do I set the intensity/brightness etc of the sky light in Brazil 1.2? I didn't find anything related in the Luma Server.

Thanks in advance.

PS2. I'm aware that the car is oversized and sunk into the tarmac in the screenshot

I have explain that issue of environment reflection before.
Take a look at these old threads.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=401971#post401971
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=206407#post206407
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=206680#post206680
Quote from Gustix :Good Bose

Maxiim's request

Done in Blender

Wow Impressive ! but it would be better without ''doristar.com'' adress. I'll use this nice render on my desktop . Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

To make that line disappear, You can untick the transparency of the default skin map and adjust the reflection up (5%)

for the brightness, Press F10 then under "Render" click Luma Server then look for the Sky Light, make it white or depends on your color setting then set it between 1.0 - 2.0
hey folks! i guess the scirocco 24gt is almost 100% so what else is left than a shot of it,on its own track
(i know reflections arent great,but im happy the car is not invisible this time XD )
and an edit from Squassel.inferno
Attached images
gt24 on da ring.jpg
Eingefügte_Daten_30fd.jpg
Great for a Brazil. Damn I need to find a empty racing track myself, but havent found. All are so full. I can make a proper render with HDRI and all.
Guys I thank you all for replying to the unwanted environment reflections question. Alas, the problem persists, no matter what I do. I/m pretty sure this is due to my limited knowledge, but I tried almost anything you suggested, without luck. I removed the 2 reflective planes above the car, I unticked the transparency of the car skin, I added the background pic as a spherical environment map onto the car skin, I added the background pic as the ground's material (instead of matte/shadow), etc, etc

What I didn't do was those "HDRI", "reflections slot", "camera-mapping" suggestions, simply because I don't even know what they mean

I'm so disappointed and tired of experimenting and reading stuff without makin any progress

I've bundled my scene into the attached zip file, hoping that some kind soul will fix it and post back the results along with instructions of what he changed.

The 2 planes above the car are used for making that shadow corners on the hood. They are just clones of the plane existing in Line32's VWS scene posted in this forum a while ago.

PS1. The second attachment shows once more the persistant problem

PS2. samip, I d/led your reflection test zip file (the ball above the lake), I tried your settings on the vws (unless I missed something) but it didn;t work.
Attached images
rend_vws_street05.jpg
Attached files
vws_onPhiladelphisStreet5.zip - 935.1 KB - 239 views
Great renders all
Attached images
Carbon XRT.jpg
Neonzz,does it have Nawz?,and it wont go fast,i cant see any stickers
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Neonzz,does it have Nawz?,and it wont go fast,i cant see any stickers

And it's not red, so it will go slow yes.
It is fast! It haves 4 exhaust!
Quote from migf1 :Guys I thank you all for replying to the unwanted environment reflections question. Alas, the problem persists, no matter what I do. I/m pretty sure this is due to my limited knowledge, but I tried almost anything you suggested, without luck. I removed the 2 reflective planes above the car, I unticked the transparency of the car skin, I added the background pic as a spherical environment map onto the car skin, I added the background pic as the ground's material (instead of matte/shadow), etc, etc

What I didn't do was those "HDRI", "reflections slot", "camera-mapping" suggestions, simply because I don't even know what they mean

I'm so disappointed and tired of experimenting and reading stuff without makin any progress

I've bundled my scene into the attached zip file, hoping that some kind soul will fix it and post back the results along with instructions of what he changed.

The 2 planes above the car are used for making that shadow corners on the hood. They are just clones of the plane existing in Line32's VWS scene posted in this forum a while ago.

PS2. samip, I d/led your reflection test zip file (the ball above the lake), I tried your settings on the vws (unless I missed something) but it didn;t work.

you know i had the same problem,on my latest render(2 posts above) if i move the car close to kerb,the car will be invisible there,so im guessing there is something to do with light colors,but idk either how to fix it,i tried everything too i could find here
I made it carbon by a mistake, but it looks sweet IMO..
Attached images
Carbon XRT3.jpg
Quote from T.J. :I made it carbon by a mistake, but it looks sweet IMO..

I do not like your reflection and lighting at ALL.
I use blender, DUH!!!111 :P I will learn 3DS max if I am allowed to do it at school... Then I`ll show ya :P

and btw.. I like it :P
Attached images
s13 fix.jpg
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Neonzz,does it have Nawz?,and it wont go fast,i cant see any stickers

why stickers?! Stickers = weight, weight = slower
Quote from John5200 :why stickers?! Stickers = weight, weight = slower

nonono, these are stickers that don't weigh anything. Duh.
Quote from migf1 :Guys I thank you all for replying to the unwanted environment reflections question. Alas, the problem persists, no matter what I do. I/m pretty sure this is due to my limited knowledge, but I tried almost anything you suggested, without luck. I removed the 2 reflective planes above the car, I unticked the transparency of the car skin, I added the background pic as a spherical environment map onto the car skin, I added the background pic as the ground's material (instead of matte/shadow), etc, etc

I can't open your file. may be imcompactable version...
I made one quickly based on Line32's file
Attached images
render.jpg
Attached files
VW in street.rar - 732.4 KB - 243 views
That file might be my way into 3ds max.. Downloading for further investigation... Thank you =)
Quote from T.J. :That file might be my way into 3ds max.. Downloading for further investigation... Thank you =)

You noughty leecher Guys, do you know where i can find good pictures of racetracks etc and streets and such things? Can't find it on google
Why are you so hostile? Damn.. Acting like a 5 year old :P

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG